ks chas 08-Nov-17
Trebarker 08-Nov-17
Quailhunter 09-Nov-17
Griff 09-Nov-17
D2 09-Nov-17
BuckStalker 12-Nov-17
Charlie Rehor 13-Nov-17
08-Nov-17
Lost my father, Melvin (Mel) Dark, early this morning at the age of 73, he only missed 2 opening seasons since it began in 1965, once as he served his country in Vietnam, and this fall as he battled lymphoma, he had taken a P&Y class buck practically every year, only eating tag soup during a few of his later years holding out for something bigger, his largest buck can be found on page 3 of the typical whitetails in the P&Y records, they're are many older KBA'rs and old members of the Topeka bowhunters that know his name , enjoy your sunrises and sunsets from the deer woods, we only have so many fellow bow hunters

08-Nov-17
Sorry for your loss D2...prayers for you and the family.

08-Nov-17
Sorry for youre loss but a great story loss my dad 15yrs ago but still fish and hunt with him if you know what i mean

08-Nov-17
Sorry for your lost D2.

Lost my Dad 11 years ago July. He didn't deer hunt but accompanied me on what was supposed to be a scouting trip in the early 2000s. Ended up taking an 8 point - my 2nd buck ever. Very grateful for that memory.

As stated, he'll be with you on every day in the field.

Prayers. God bless.

08-Nov-17
Sorry for you lose

08-Nov-17
My sincere condolences to you Dusty. My mom passed away early this morning too at 0009

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013, it was also in some of her bones. She went thru chemo, a masectomy, and was able to buy 4yrs. It came back in her blood about 5 weeks ago. Almost all of her kids and grandkids were able to be with her thru out the day,.. we knew her time was greatly limited. We all were able to share with our tears, laughter, memories and be with her in her final moments.

May God bless you and be with you and yours during this difficult time.

08-Nov-17
D2, sounds like your dad had a full life well-lived. That shows both intelligence and determination. Good for him! Great that he set that example for his family and friends. Pay attention when you’re in the woods, he’ll be finding ways to stay with you. I promise.

08-Nov-17
Thanks guys, hope to make it back into the woods soon, I'm sure he'll be there with me

08-Nov-17
D2 I'm one of those older KBA members. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.

08-Nov-17
Sorry for your loss d2 and z also

09-Nov-17
D2 and Z, very sorry for your losses.

09-Nov-17
Dusty and Brian I'm sorry for the loss of your family members. This makes us appreciate the time we have with those that we love and cherish. The memories that we are able to create with them will last a life time and they will always be with you.

09-Nov-17
Thanks again guys

12-Nov-17
My dad passed a couple years back, way too early. He's with me when I'm sitting in the stand though. That's the biggest reason I started hunting again after he passed.

13-Nov-17
Nice post! He was a young man. As you said “make every day count”!

• Sitka Gear