Contributors to this thread:
GoJakesGo 08-Nov-17
GoJakesGo 08-Nov-17
DoorKnob 08-Nov-17
Crusader dad 08-Nov-17
Franklin 09-Nov-17
Fivers 09-Nov-17
08-Nov-17
Dont think my Dr would like my stress level atm. Dang deer may be healthy to eat but chasing them during the rut can suck! I hate you right now Tall Tine.

08-Nov-17
Dont think my Dr would like my stress level atm. Dang deer may be healthy to eat but chasing them during the rut can suck! I hate you right now Tall Tine.

08-Nov-17
Sometimes you eat the deer and sometimes the deer wins!

08-Nov-17
Lol. I'll take the stress of chasing a big buck anytime over the stress of real life.

09-Nov-17
There is truth to the stress deal....a lot of folks put pressure on themselves to kill a big buck. The TV shows gives the impression there is one around every corner. Try shelling out $18,000 for a Brown Bear hunt and your guides a nitwit....the pressure can take the shine off of hunting real quick. I don`t mind not killing deer but I HATE not seeing deer. I am certainly not seeing numbers I was 4 years ago let alone 20 years ago.

09-Nov-17
The stress is only the stress you put on yourself, I used to get stressed (and ornery) when I was trying to hold out for "Mr. Big". I gave up on that after my wife got on me a few years in a row when I started to get cranky during the rut and she said that I went out there to enjoy myself and relax. The seasons have been much more enjoyable over the last 10 years, even though I've only had about 5 deer in bow range the last 6 years, 1 adult doe, 1 young buck that spotted me after catching me off-guard, 1 nice buck that heard me draw back from 6 yards on the ground and a couple of fawns(I hunt in an area that doesn't have a lot of deer). That is the only thing that bothers me these days, but I still enjoy sitting in my stands.

I do have land in Waupaca County, but just don't have time to get there to bowhunt, every year I plan on going there for a weekend.......it just never pans out......one of these years though!!

• Sitka Gear