Willyb 11-Nov-17
Willyb 11-Nov-17
Missouribreaks 11-Nov-17
Two Feathers 11-Nov-17
Hoot 12-Nov-17
09-Nov-17

bfisherman11's embedded Photo
As most guys here know weather wise it was a rough season. Being blessed with this deer was very sweet. Early on we had very high temps, gnats almost drove me out of my tree at points. Then we got cold, rainy and then very cold for November. The last few years I have passed on all young bucks hoping to see our herd come back from the intensive harvest plan the WI DNR had in place when CWD first started I'm in NE Crawford Co.

I have also done what I can to attract more does to my 40 acres by planting a few food plots. I know some don't approve but I enjoy clearing and planting. I enjoy working, making my land better.

Anyhow, we all put in a lot of time and effort. Here is my buck. I posted on LW but figured since I post here too I should let you all know.

Bill

09-Nov-17
Congrats on a great buck! As long as you enjoy the food plots, who cares what the others think. (I enjoy them too.)

09-Nov-17

Thanks, Here is another view. Oh, 20 yards or so shot. He died on the run after maybe 75 yards. I have many trail cam pictures of him so that was cool. I started hunting the east side of my place near a bedding area in a ravine. The county decided to do some road work and I think that was enough the deer vacated that area. I changed up and started hunting a ridge top. Saw a 10pt out of range and then this guy. Great day in the woods.

Bill

09-Nov-17
Good buck! I like the Black Widow, you want to trade?

09-Nov-17
WOW - Nice job!

09-Nov-17
Live, I bought the Widow new back in 2006. That same year I went to Alaska and killed a decent Bull Caribou. Later in WI I got a good buck, what a start. This bow and I made a lot of memories since then so nope, it is staying put. Ha

Over on the LW if you want to cause a dust up just start a Widow thread. Ha, but honestly they make a good bow. What I like with the reverse limb mount is that it seems to have a bit more room for wearing bulky cloths on cold days. Trad bows are very personal, I feel there are a lot of builders making bows as good as a Widow but for me, not better. Again, personal pref.

Bill

09-Nov-17
Nice buck congratulations!

09-Nov-17
Awesome! Congrats on a fine buck and your patience and hard work paid off. Thanks for sharing!

09-Nov-17
Ok, fine fish11, LOL. They are a great looking and great shooting bows. I want a different bow, but I want to shoot some before buying. Not alot of shops in the Eau Claire area, like 0, so I need to find some Trad shops and check out the bows to see what I would like. What sucks with the Widow TD's is they have the reverse mountings for the limbs and I just bought a new three piece bow quiver for mine. But, I do really like them.

09-Nov-17
Nice buck with the stickbow. Congratulations. I used to hunt over there in Crawford and Vernon counties. Saw more mature bucks over there than any other place in the state.

Live2hunt - Get a hold of Bruin Custom Recurves in Antigo. He has bows you can shoot before you buy and he builds awesome bows.

09-Nov-17
Live, If you ever want to go to a rendezvous with a bunch of trad vendors like Black Widow. Compton holds an event in June on Fathersday weekend (I think) in Berrian Springs, MI. There will be a bunch of Trad bow builders and vendors. My wife and another couple from my archery club (BigFoot Archers) usually go down on Thursday and camp all weekend. It is a great time/event. They usually have good seminars and guest speakers. The BW guys, Toby, Roger and John are good guys, Bowhunters as well. I've seen them take a lot of time to watch a guy shoot and help them decide what model, what features best suit the customer. Of course that is what all should do anyhow, but they seem to always try to do right by the customer.

I have never had any issues, never expect any but if I did, even after 11yrs, I bet they would help me out. Not trying to sell BW's here. I do recommend going to Compton to shoot a BW and others to see what best fits you. You might be surprised and your best bow is another bowyer. Could be BW too. At Compton you get to try as many or as often as you need to decide. Hope that helps!

Bill

09-Nov-17
Nice job Bill! Artic blast again this year???

09-Nov-17
Nice bow :-)

09-Nov-17
Awesome and with trad equipment to boot!

09-Nov-17
Pete, Sent you a PM. As far as I know there will be an AB this year.

Bill

09-Nov-17
Congrats Bill on a fine buck.

09-Nov-17
Great buck-especially with the recurve. NEVER let anyone criticize you for making improvements on your land....it also gives me great pride. Great job

09-Nov-17

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
Last Saturday morning I found a buck laying 20 yards from my stand. It was gut shot and no sign of anyone following up on the deer. Called the warden and I'll pay $10.00 to get the deer. I can't see leaving any deer go to waste.

09-Nov-17
Congrats on a great buck

09-Nov-17
Hoot, That sux. Where was this at? By me I don't think a deer would last over night with all our coyotes. Surprisingly I did not see any while hunting this year but I sure heard them.

I assume you are up north by all that snow.

Bill

09-Nov-17
Thanks Bill, I need to shoot something before I buy. I have a 30" draw and have issues with some of the bows. The big problem I have with shoots is that we have a cabin that we go to every weekend. I'm never around when the shoots happen. I'm going to take a run over to Footed shaft this winter, I would also like to check out Bruin Customs that Two Feathers mentioned.

09-Nov-17
Well done.

09-Nov-17
Awesome. Congrats on a great buck.

09-Nov-17
Don't want to hijack a thread but Robertson will send you a bow to try out. You pay postage if returned for whatever reason. Good bowyer from Montana.

09-Nov-17
Live, good suggestion by the guys as well. Footed Shaft goes to the WTA banquet so im familiar and agree, they have a good stock of bows on hand.

10-Nov-17
Nice buck, congratulations.

11-Nov-17

Willyb's embedded Photo
Willyb's embedded Photo
Got this guy at 3:45 yesterday. Came in to a rattle. Hit him back pretty far but he went 10 yds and tipped over. Not sure what I hit?

11-Nov-17

Willyb's embedded Photo
Willyb's embedded Photo
Got this guy at 3:45 yesterday. Came in to a rattle. Hit him back pretty far but he went 10 yds and tipped over. Not sure what I hit?

11-Nov-17
Great recurve kill, congratulations.

11-Nov-17
When I decided I wanted to get into a longbow I ended up going to Kalmazoo for their annual trad event. When I left home I was seriously interested in a Shrew or one of Javamans bows. I got to shoot a lot of longbows there. Lots of recurves there also. It was a 5 hour drive from Manitowoc. I ended up getting a longbow build by another Wisconsin bowyer - Chris, NewWood Longbows, out of Merrill, who had a booth there.

12-Nov-17
Willyb - Beautiful buck! Congrats

• Sitka Gear