grizzlyadam 17-Nov-17
Oneeye 17-Nov-17
Homesteady 18-Nov-17
Dr. Deer 18-Nov-17
Homesteady 18-Nov-17
Gregg Karal 21-Nov-17
09-Nov-17

Homesteady's Link
Hey guys, I'm on here all the time, rarely post but have been following the live hunts and chat for the entire season. So far I have had a real slow season, and watching the rut activity on the forum it seems things have not really started for most of us... until maybe tomorrow!? Hopefully!

This morning I was fortunate enough to get a doe, first of the season. The coolest part, I was able to film it for my Youtube channel! Thought I would share it with you guys, as I actually have something to share here!

I wanted to do a live hunt 2 time this week, but had no signal in the tree, so this is my "live hunt" for you all to follow!

09-Nov-17
Video is very nicely done. Congrats

09-Nov-17
Amazing how much that doe dropped. Not easy shooting an alert deer!

09-Nov-17
Nice video, congrats on your doe.

09-Nov-17
Congrats. Great video. Nice to see you pay respect to your harvest.

09-Nov-17
That's an excellent job on the video. I like how you honored the life of the animal, did it right

09-Nov-17
Nice work

09-Nov-17
Congrats.

I liked the deer outline slowmo shot. Well done.

09-Nov-17
Congrats, I thought you were busted with all that stomping going on. Good job.

10-Nov-17
nice video !

10-Nov-17
Pretty cool!!!

10-Nov-17
great job with the music...

10-Nov-17
Very nice video, well done.

10-Nov-17
good job

10-Nov-17
This video makes me want to hunt! Nice work!

10-Nov-17
awesome hunt, great video, terrific music....well done...

10-Nov-17
It boggles my mind how people find such cool music for their videos...my music knowledge consists of pink floyd, rush, black sabbath and metallica.... I dont know if I'd find appropriate music for it..

10-Nov-17
Thanks Guys! Im super bummed, the camera I filmed this on died right after this hunt! That means if I get a buck this week it will not be on vid! But maybe a late season hunt...! Glad you all like it!

12-Nov-17
I've seen a million vids of deer hunting and I have to tell you that I put yours up at the top. You did a great job and the respect you you have for these wonderful animals makes you a class act buddy.

17-Nov-17
OK, you posted it here so you must be open to feedback. Shooting at 30 yards at a deer that is that wired, spooked, ready to bolt is poor judgement. You dropped it and I hope you understand that it was luck. The arrow hit over a foot away from where it was headed and the deer could easily have been wounded. Draw a radius of one foot from the pocket, where it was aimed. You could have missed high or hit in the upper back (wound), the gut (wounding loss, usually) non vital neck, fore-leg or even it's head or face depending upon how much it dropped and spun. This deer dropped and spun away so it went nearly a foot high and a foot forward. I must ask, if your groups at a 100 yards were two feet (one foot radius = two foot diameter), would you consider a 100 yard shot ethical? I bet not. So a 30 yard shot at a wired deer is equally unethical. I am not saying this to be nasty or encourage haters, but no one above seems to have a problem with this and that is worrisome to me.

17-Nov-17
Agree Dr, very poor shot choice, total luck that he got it. Its amazing how much they can react before the arrow gets there, more people here need to learn that lesson. That said, homesteady you did a very good job putting together the video, and it came out really awesome. I hope to see more from you in the future, I believe you truly have a gift for putting together really good hunting videos.

17-Nov-17
Ok, it's out. I'll agree I wouldn't take that shot. Deer was seriously spooked. As I watched video I thought busted and would have expected deer to bolt. I personally wouldn't have taken shot but it worked for you. Also understand everything is relative. No different then some who says I would never shoot over 30 yards vs 40 yards. All said I have had spine shots my self so no judgment by me. Just my opinion. I did like vid though. Look forward to more.

18-Nov-17
I do understand the law of the internet, if you post it you better be ready for some feedback! So no problem here with the criticism. I think Oneeye nailed it when he said it's all relative. I make my decisions in the woods based off of my past expirences. Many of you guys have lots more experience than me, some have less. I'm a self taught hunter, raised in a semi anti hunting family, always learning as I go. 8 years of hunting I have been fortunate to only ever lose 1 with the bow, and that was my 2 season out. After seeing this slow motion video I myself couldn't believe how much she dropped. Knowing this now will effect my decisions in the future. At the end of the day, I got 4 kids too feed along with my wife and I, ultimately I'm grateful, lucky or not, anytime I put venison in the freezer!

18-Nov-17
I applaud you Homesteady. I have lost more deer than you for sure, self taught also. Experience is the best teacher. After 30 years, it doesn't happen so much as my range gets shorter and shorter even though on targets I have never been more accurate. I have has spine shots too. Above, I never complimented you on the video quality and editing and music. Super professional. You should be in the business, and that's coming from someone who once was.

18-Nov-17
Thanks Dr Deer, I like that "Range gets shorter while shots more accurate" idea. Something to keep working towards!

21-Nov-17
homesteady, I thought the video was awesome as I stated before. On a target, I can put 3 arrows in a quarter sized mark at 30 yds... in the field, sometimes my 20 yd shots are horribly off. Adrenaline is a funny thing, and if your legs aren't shaking and heart pounding every time a deer is within range, its time to quit....I have video (nothing like your quality) of my son shooting a doe at 15 yrds and in slow motion, she dropped enough to duck the arrow almost completely...grazed her top, left very little blood, and we are sure she survived. Good job, keep up the good work.

• Sitka Gear