keepemsharp 10-Nov-17
ks chas 10-Nov-17
Ben 10-Nov-17
sitO 10-Nov-17
Trebarker 10-Nov-17
keepemsharp 10-Nov-17
Ironbow 16-Nov-17
10-Nov-17
Going to try deer ribs for the first time, not much meat but will give it a try. Anyone have a favorite recipe or method?

10-Nov-17
Coyote bait pile

10-Nov-17
Randy: why don't you shoot something besides all these neat pictures? :) :) :)

10-Nov-17
Dave I don't like deer fat. To me its kind of like eating chalk and it seems to me that is mostly what is on the ribs. I tried them a few times but not any more. If you find a good way to fix them let me know.

10-Nov-17
Dave, I've tried them several ways and have gave my best attempt at cooking the fat off. Never could get it done. As you know the tallow sticks to the roof of your mouth. Can't stand that part of it. If you find a way let us know. As said above coyote bait is the best answer so far.

10-Nov-17

sitO's Link
Bone Marrow is all the rage in San Fran Dave ;?)

Here's a link for you and it's from your favorite website...Pinterest

10-Nov-17
Dave you've known me long enough to know that I'm not in it to "tag out". Then I'd have to hit the honey do list instead of hang out in the woods.

I grind up 95% of my deer into burger, less tallow and fat for jerky. My dogs won't eat rib meat and I sure don't want it in my super lean burger.

10-Nov-17
Have trimmed as much as I can, will try one or two, if it doesn't work the doggie will be benefitted.

16-Nov-17
I have smoked them several times, if you can get past the fat what is there is quite tasty. But the fat will leave a film in your mouth that takes awhile to get rid of. I don't like to let anything not be used, but ribs don't make it in the freezer often anymore. I sometimes throw the meat in a pot for the cats.

• Sitka Gear