SWK 14-Nov-17
Buckiller 14-Nov-17
Bigbuckbob 15-Nov-17
jax2009r 15-Nov-17
grizzlyadam 16-Nov-17
10-Nov-17

SWK's embedded Photo
SWK's embedded Photo
I dont know about u guys but I been off from work hunting all week almost made it happen on a 8 point last night. Anyway I would say right now is as good as its gonna get for the Chasing & seeking part of the rut where Im at. There's a buck in there...

10-Nov-17
I think its about to bust open.

Cool pic.

10-Nov-17
Yea Id say that pic says it all... Get out there!!! I was going to sit there yesterday but didn't...They did the same thing coming from behind the cam the day before at the same time... Guess where I will b tomorrow AM?

10-Nov-17
Ed, you must have a hot doe around. I've been seeing nothing for deer with both rubs/scrapes and sightings. It's a weird weird rut this year in all of my areas. Hope you kill a nice one.

10-Nov-17
Checked all my cams on 5 property's same story Chasing chasing & more chasing & seen bucks chasing. started on the 7th. Scrapes but no rubs. Good luck to u too Kyle it will happen there too maybe tomorrow. Mostly at night & AM.

10-Nov-17
This morning on my stalk I bumped a solo yearling doe. I'm guessing mom is have fun with out the kids.

10-Nov-17
Game on in Coventry. Got to our truck tonight, looked across to the other field to see about 8 deer running around. I can only assume some chasing is happening

10-Nov-17
Tons of scrapes but no rubs in central ct. Quite a few daytime pics in the last few days. Cant wait to sit all day tomorrow and if not successful, then all day sunday.

11-Nov-17
Well the doe's showed right on time minus the buck & one doe. They came from a thicket area... My guess is they r shacked up like notme at one of those sketchy Motels till Monday morning...

11-Nov-17

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/7YFC0O393DQ

11-Nov-17
I got videos of buck cruising with their noses to the ground. A lot in the late afternoon. Time to hunt my good stands.

11-Nov-17
Lebanon is hot. Bucks chasing, cams loaded up with pics. Most activity this week seems to be mid morning. I think they wait until my log splitters starts up.

11-Nov-17
I've been out all day and I've seen 9 does and nothing chasing or following.

11-Nov-17
17 squirrels this morning. 3 chasing

11-Nov-17
Sat two.mornings.in a row. On two different location of the 350 a.c. peice and didn't see not one chase .. nothing. . So either there is no does on this land . Or it isn't on. .. I'm in montville.

11-Nov-17
I'm going out in the am didn't get out today. Had too many winter chores.

11-Nov-17
Saw 4 does this am nothing in tow. I’ve seen no chasing.

12-Nov-17
Friday morning had a buck tailing a doe of all places....Dutchess restaurant parking lot in Norwalk while in line for the drive thru.

12-Nov-17
I saw chasing on sat...i also lone does with nothing in toe

12-Nov-17
Still getting bucks together on camera which is strange for mid November.

12-Nov-17
Jax, it Mustve been the big d with cheese and spicy curly frys for $5 deal...lol

12-Nov-17
Dead deer are multiplying by the side of the road.

12-Nov-17
Had a buck run a doe by me last night. I saw a group of 3 does and a single doe this morning with no buck in sight. Let's see what this afternoon brings.

12-Nov-17
Afternoon hunt - saw 2 mature does with no buck in sight.

12-Nov-17

Native 's embedded Photo
Native 's embedded Photo
Well this guys seems to be swelled up a bit .

13-Nov-17
he was about 1/2 mile from the property I hunt .. land owner has multiple pics of him ,

13-Nov-17

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
SILVERADO's embedded Photo
Look at this guys neck, not much for a rack but man.

13-Nov-17
Solo doe this am, no bucks. I don’t get it.

13-Nov-17
No there yet kids. The candy store will open soon. It is about to break loose so hold onto your breeches because it will be a bumpy ride this year.

13-Nov-17
I had a doe come by at day break about 10 minutes later a small buck following & grunting then about 10 minutes later another doe she passed then a bigger 6 was following her trail also grunting... They all went into a thicket then a doe fawn came out of nowhere and was standing under me looking at the thicket... I think it is mostly happening at night Dave & the doe u r seeing r the ugly doe...lol. I had to leave because I ate something bad last night just made it out in time...

13-Nov-17
SWK, where is your spot? I will hold it busy for you until you recover. I will split the meat and give you the trophy.

13-Nov-17
Out back six... Recovery was fixed by the porcelain God!!! It s cRaZy out there.... DON'T SHOOT THE BAIT!!!

14-Nov-17
Went to same spot last night had a big doe come in & bed near my stand. no buck Heading out now hoping she finds the buck of both our dreams & brings him home!

14-Nov-17
Has anyone seen a buck tending a doe yet?

14-Nov-17
2 buck with no doe today nose to the ground... No tending Spike

14-Nov-17
in my spots the does have disappeared ...I am still getting a few night time pics of lone bucks.....that is it....got real quiet....I am not sure what to do....

14-Nov-17

SWK's embedded Photo
SWK's embedded Photo
Hunt it jax... These r the 2 bucks I saw this AM my stand is 25 yards left of them...This is them last night.

14-Nov-17

SWK's embedded Photo
SWK's embedded Photo

14-Nov-17
Front came through at daybreak temp dropped & started to snow that's what got them up & moving... Hope this helps with ur dilemma Jax...Good Luck!!!!

14-Nov-17
i have been hunting and sightings are low..i am still hunting hard....

14-Nov-17

Steve7's Link

Looks to be ruttin to me. I still havent seen any chasing or tending yet.

14-Nov-17
Saturday i shot a small buck at first light, while dragging him out I saw a rack 8, a 4 point, and 3 does, 4 point was chasing does. Big 8 got hit crossing the highway by my house last night.

14-Nov-17
I have 3 private land properties in NE CT. I have exclusive privileges on all three with bow, my son joins me on the big one w/firearms.

150 acres - Killingly

65 acres - Putnam

20 acres - Woodstock

I have around <90 hrs in a tree or blind so far. I have NOT SEEN ONE BUCK all season. Not even a spike. Even deer that I've bumped, have been does/fawns to the best of my ID. Only 13 does and fawns have been sighted from my stands, and I bounce around all over so as not to burn out any one spot. Only a few scrapes have shown up and have only found one fresh rub.

When everyone else is seeing / killing deer in years of no acorns, it's just the opposite for me. No acorns = no deer. (no ag. or green fields on any of my permissions). And there are absolutely NO ACORNS on any of those properties. I can't say the deer aren't around, because I see plenty in the fields and lawns, they're just not transitioning onto my spots.

14-Nov-17
Brian don't feel like you're alone. I've been out 14 times this year on four different state land areas, one being bow only. And I've seen zero from my stands. Zero. I can't make that up. I've jumped two does with fawns walking out twice. That's it. Worst year ever....and I thought I said that 3-4 years ago.....can it get worse??

All these areas have produced in the past with plenty of deer seen and a few killed. No acorns equals no deer, period. Acorns around and deer browse all over the place. No acorns and they move into people's yards. I totally agree with you. Plus the seeking/chasing phase is much later this year than years past. Shotgunners should luck into some action due to this phenomena.

14-Nov-17
Hey guys. I had to cut my bow hunting short last week. I am allowed to hunt two properties side by side at about 75 acres but bow only. Once shotgun season starts the landowners cousins come in and get what they can. I didn't get any this year and I have been in the stands since the September 15th. I just pulled my car into the property at around 5:30pm, not to hunt, just to take a peak in the corn field the night before gun season and I sat and watched 4 big bucks and one doe frolic around and didn't care that I was there. This year I was lucky enough to have a lot of extra time out in the stands, more then any other year and still have an empty freezer. So all the mock scraps and lanes I cut up will be great for the shotgun guys...wish I had my own property. In my opinion the rut was really late this year due to the warm temps and a lot of us bow hunters are coming up short from that.

14-Nov-17
3 does tonight, still no bucks

14-Nov-17

SWK's Link
Hope this isn't the cousin Addicted!!!

14-Nov-17
Ok, Ive been hunting very hard all month and I noticed this morning that the deer were bedded in the dark prior to sunrise. Sunday I saw 3 does , mom and her fawn and a third that may have been her fawn from last year. They showed no sign of going into heat anytime soon. I believe we are a week out before the activity heats up. I saw 2 big bucks seperately during the day time cruising on oct 31 and november 4th the eoods have been dead all week. Even my cameras agree

14-Nov-17
SWK that's funny, and no, not the property where I hunt. Awesome shooting though and nice mounts.

14-Nov-17
Not CT Addict... That guys way to good for CT guys here shoot like that loose them in a swamp & call it a day.

14-Nov-17
SWK, I know i can't shoot that well.

14-Nov-17
I can but wont!!!

14-Nov-17
Holy f#$k!!! Is that wb?

14-Nov-17
No that guy only spent $12.00 & all the deer still have their nuts

14-Nov-17
Good point..is it 6 nuts or 3 deer..maybe we need an ariola survey..thats when they fly twice right

14-Nov-17
No fly once & multiply by 2?

14-Nov-17
What a ridiculous video. God, please keep people like that far from me. Running and shooting like he’s in a war. Give me a break. Reminds me when I bowhunted in Maine and ran into so real notjobs who just want to get a bullet in a deer so they can blood track it in the snow. God help us. And that’s a popular way to hunt up there.

15-Nov-17
A real slob hunter. Terrible.

15-Nov-17
saw a buck this am...nose to the ground on a mission....

16-Nov-17
Saw 6 different bucks today, two were big boys. Lots of chasing each other and fighting, one was walking in circles around bedding and feeding areas. Saw a doe with a button buck in tow yesterday, and two skippers without their momma a little while later. Been seeing yearling spikes and forkers wandering around like idiots for a few weeks. Now is magic time, same as every year.

• Sitka Gear