Woods Walker 18-Nov-17
Lynn Wilcox 19-Nov-17
Deebz 25-Jan-18
Woods Walker 26-Jan-18
ChubbyChaser 13-Feb-18
bigdog21 17-Mar-18
Woods Walker 19-Mar-18
11-Nov-17
You're in a stand overlooking a cut bean field. Several doe come in to feed and as it gets dark they are still there feeding. Your truck is diagonally across the field. What do you do?

11-Nov-17
With it being the rut they are tired of being chased....try a couple of buck grunts and see if you can push them. If you wait until dark....crouch over in the shape of a deer and start grunting as you walk/trot across the field. Just try not to look or walk like a human.

18-Nov-17
.......OR a doe! That might not end well for you.

19-Nov-17
If at all possible, find another way out. I have walked over 1/2 mile out of my way in the dark, to not spook/educate deer. I also agree.....bending over on your way out when you might be seen, also helps break up your human outline.

25-Jan-18
A little late to the party here, but I've heard of guys who will rip off a coyote howl to clear the field so they can get to their truck...that way the deer think a yote was around and don't associate it with a human....

26-Jan-18
Pay the owner a $2000 lease fee....the deer will be GONE!

13-Feb-18
Had a similar situation this year with two young bucks who were fighting 20 yards away from me. Was out with my brother in law and made the decision to wait it out. During their intermittent brawls the bucks would eat in the bean field but all in all i remember looking through their silhouettes well into the dark. I agree with the other Lynn Wilcox, the worst thing you can do is educate the deer about your presence. Look on the upside and least your scent control seems on point...

17-Mar-18
why would you park where you half to cross a open field to get in or out? get up and walk your not the first human the deer has seen. I farm and deer are always around during harvest and planting season they come back just keep your distance and do not walk towards them. and have shoot several during gun season and they still come back.

19-Mar-18
If I were hunting on my buddy's farm I'd just use his truck as the deer would ignore it, and if he were feeding cattle his truck might also be an attractant!

• Sitka Gear