Trebarker 11-Nov-17
Kicker Point 11-Nov-17
Leebo1963 12-Nov-17
JBS620 12-Nov-17
Trebarker 12-Nov-17
thwack-n-em 12-Nov-17
PatientWolf 12-Nov-17
11-Nov-17
There is standing corn and milo everywhere. I’m assuming this is why I’m not seeing deer. What are your thoughts? Is there any different way you all hunt when it’s like this?

11-Nov-17
Look for rubs and scrapes along the field edges. Bucks will stay in standing corn yes, but they will still work the field edges this time of year

11-Nov-17
Standing corn is a challenge, but the reason you're not seeing deer probably has more to do with just a few does being in right now. All the bucks are where those few does are. Any time in the next 3-5 days the majority of the does will come in and a flurry of activity will accompany. In my experience, most of my rut deer sightings- especially mature bucks- happens between the 10th and the 20th. Should get good soon.

12-Nov-17
I've seen 1 deer in 3 full days of hunting and my son has seen 4 in 4 days of hunting. All of the mature deer have disappeared from our cameras. I sat in a blind yesterday that is on the edge of a doe bedding area and didn't see a deer. I think they are locked down in our area.

12-Nov-17
I went out this morning and discovered there waterfowl Hunters on an adjacent property about a quarter mile away and I did see a thing either. I'm not sure if it's because of lockdown or if the firearms from the waterfowl Hunters scared them away

12-Nov-17
More human activity in and around the woods. I heard chainsaws, gun shots from quail and goose hunters and target shooters , more road traffic from Looky Lous scouting deer on other people's property, deer didn't even come out of bedding area until right at dark last night.

12-Nov-17
Thanks everyone for the response. More of the same this morning although I did see a mature buck. All broke up. But at least a mature buck. Kickerpoint I sure hope you’re right.

12-Nov-17
Ive been on public land every day the past week. Havent seen any chasing but mature bucks every day I've been out. Dont be afraid to move around guys, one of my spots has does still in groups and the shooters i know are around havent been seen and my other spot has been the opposite. Find the does!!

• Sitka Gear