SixLomaz 13-Nov-17
SILVERADO 13-Nov-17
shawnm 13-Nov-17
bigbuckbob 13-Nov-17
shawnm 13-Nov-17
SixLomaz 13-Nov-17
shawnm 13-Nov-17
11-Nov-17
THIS EVENT IS CANCELED. WE ARE GOING WITH SHAWNM. PLEASE SEE THE OTHER THREAD --> "Official dinner post"

Are we going to follow Shawn's initiative from 2016? I missed last year's reunion. Let's see how many are willing to participate. We find a venue and agree on a menu, drinks, music, etc.

11-Nov-17
I'm in and agree on everything.

12-Nov-17
Especially the drink part!!

12-Nov-17
2 in ... keep checking in ... in a week the party is closed to participation ... this is your chance to meet your hunting neighbors ...

12-Nov-17
Beer and food..errrrrrrrrrrrrr, oooo k

12-Nov-17
? When where?

12-Nov-17

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/SPlcU0khL6Q

12-Nov-17
Im new to the site but thats all the more reason to meet you all. Id go.

12-Nov-17
notme is the media audio and video master of ceremony which comes with beer as a perk

12-Nov-17
I believe I can secure a nice hall in Bridgeport. If this is too far then we can look elsewhere. As far as when concerns I would say sometimes between Thanksgiving and Christmas on a Saturday or Sunday. The location and date are open for discussion.

12-Nov-17
Scruples? Tuesdays?.lol. youre gaurrented to walk out with a fist full of singles..if that....lol

12-Nov-17
Bridgeport is far but I'm in just so other people will go too.

12-Nov-17
Far from where? If anyone has any other venues we can go there. It has to be a place where we can bring a grill and drinks. I am cooking good stuff.

12-Nov-17
Crow is pulling your leg it's not far for him not to far for me

12-Nov-17
I would say Hartford or Middle town area, that's I'm in the VFW and they have cheap booze and cheap halls. But I'm in and willing to go anywhere

12-Nov-17
Six, very nice to put this together again. I would suggest Jan or Feb since most people have family or work gatherings in December. I think last year they did it at a restaurant so nodody has to cook or provide hydration. Looking forward to coming this time around.

12-Nov-17
Im in, but I won't go to another one for 16 yes, just saying. I agree, January or February is better

12-Nov-17
After hunting season would be good

12-Nov-17
Six, Just make sure not me can get a pass from the aslyum that weekend

12-Nov-17
Notme has a key for the back door he got from the chubby nurse. He mentioned something about back door access.

Bridgeport is great but will go anywhere.

12-Nov-17
In another posts he mentioned fistful of something...all these posts, I must be confusing them

12-Nov-17
I was going to do the same thing as last year. Same space, time etc.. just maybe a little less food!!! At the end of the dinner last year I reserved for the following.

12-Nov-17
Im gonna have to agree with the after holiday stuff....

Last one was good time..we were being shy, more food is good....

Aint no straight jacket held me yet..lol

12-Nov-17
Bridgeport sounds good. I would say February and not Super Bowl weekend would get the best turnout.

13-Nov-17
Then let us agree on a day in January or/and February. The reason I would like to do it in a venue where we can bring our own food and drinks is because I am going to offer a full menu of home cooked food including aperitif, soup, entrée, desert, drinks. All you have to do is enjoy good company and food. So far I am counting 14 people.

Shawn I am not trying to push you aside, just lessen the burden on you. It was really nice you started it but I think we can take turns in carrying the torch in keeping the Orion brotherhood spirit alive. Can we bring our own food and drinks at your location? We can move this every year to a different location in CT.

13-Nov-17
Six - I agree, we should take turns with the event, and I would like to donate my home made lasagna, it's the world's best, says so right on the recipe!! Seriously, everyone who's had it loves it. And I like the BYOB as well.

13-Nov-17
Bridgeport sounds god too me. Only a 25 min ride.

13-Nov-17
I thought the place we went last year was a good call.

13-Nov-17
I would love to attend this to put some faces to these names. 1hr 10min drive. It would have to be after the holidays.

13-Nov-17
Home made lasagna sounds good. BBB, how old exactly is the lasagna? As long as the venue allows for bringing food and drinks I am OK. Where exactly was last year's venue? Does anyone know the name and maybe a telephone number? I will make a call. I am going to engage notme in finding last year's location. If he does not remember then his search dog will.

Let's concentrate on a date first. How about January 20, 2018? It is on a Saturday.

13-Nov-17
Six, Shawn did the arranging last year..but i think he's pissed at us...lol..it was in middletown on a side street across from the court house..italian place jaming good food..bbb i think recomended it..

13-Nov-17
It was at the Cantina Restaurant in Middletown, it's below the Italian club. My wife and I went there and the food is good and they give too much!! It's right off Rt 9, parking is in the back. Here's some info from the internet, they don't have a website.

Cantina Cafe Ristorante 4.5 Stars 55 Google reviews Italian Restaurant Cozy, old-school restaurant offering a menu of Sicilian-Italian comfort fare, from veal to pasta. Address: 74 Court St, Middletown, CT 06457 Hours: Open today · 11AM–2:30PM, 4:30–9PM Phone: (860) 704-0000

13-Nov-17
Sunday, November 19, 2017, is the last day for anyone to confirm their participation in 2017 CT Bowsite party. I will do the count and then call Cantina Restaurant to see if they accommodate bringing food and drinks. I will post the result.

As of this post I count 16 people.

13-Nov-17
I think it's way to early to start this. If it's not broke don't fix it. Everyone had a great time last year and at the end I told everybody I would make it a yearly thing. The reservations are already made so I'm not sure why everything is getting changed. If no one wants to keep the reservations I made then let me know because I'll have to cancel them.

13-Nov-17
Shawn, what date did you make it for?

13-Nov-17
I don't think they will allow you to bring your own food and drinks.

13-Nov-17
Let me check BBB. Six you should of contacted me first. Everyone who was at the dinner last year knew it was rescheduled for the following year and I was going to make it a yearly event. Bbb it was the second Saturday in feb

13-Nov-17
Most VFW halls have a kitchen and you can bring your own drinks and they are cheap. I can help with the meber discount. Elks club and American legion also half halls. That's kind of the route I would go. But I'm down for what ever.

13-Nov-17
OK shawnm. I did not know you did schedule for next year. Take it from here and give us details. How many people can your venue accommodate? Second Saturday in February 2018 is the 10th.

13-Nov-17
Seems like Middletown is far for a lot of guys. Myself personally over an hour. I wouldn’t make it.

13-Nov-17
I figured the same restaurant because it was in the middle for most of us, we had our own bar and amazing food. Dave you know I would absolutely love for you and your father to come. I have the upmost respect for both of you. It's an HR drive for me to bud. Last year we had the s same problem. Dates didn't work out for some and others it did. Sane thing with the location. I tried to pick a spot that suited most but like I said I even had a long drive. Its only once a year and I know its a drive but you get to see me..lol... I would like to keep the reservations but if it doesn't work for most I can figure something else out.. it's a great spot as we even had our own bar..

13-Nov-17
Here's a suggestion guys: Six - how about you get a location, hall, etc and let us know the details, cost, date, etc and let's create a separate thread for "HALL DINNER". Shawnm - you can provide the details for the Cantina and let's create a separate thread for "CANTINA DINNER". You can provide those details.

Rest of us - sign up for the dinner you'd rather go to, if both, sign up for both. If one is too far, then just sign up for the other. The location with the highest attendance wins.

What do you think?

13-Nov-17
Bbb I'm not trying to see this dinner event a competition. I had the dinner last year and we all had a blast. At the end I told everyone I would do the same for the following year and everybody agreed. I reserved the spot and already started on my raffle. Six if you want to do your own thing that's up to you but either way I'm going through with my event. I put time and effort into it and we all had a blast last year. I'm not going to call the restaurant and say I'm cancelling because more people wanted to go to a hall. Very unprofessional and that's not my style. Cantina had been awesome for us and I don't want to switch. The details I'll post in late December but this is the official date. Saturday February 10th at 4..

13-Nov-17
Going to play your hand this year shawnm. When you need a break just let me know. Thank you.

13-Nov-17
I sure will six.. pmd you

• Sitka Gear