Waterfowl Hunters
Kansas
Contributors to this thread:
JBS620 12-Nov-17
BuckStalker 12-Nov-17
JBS620 12-Nov-17
Ksgobbler 14-Nov-17
12-Nov-17
I climbed in my stand this morning only to discover waterfowl hunters on a pond adjacent to the property I hunt. They're about a quarter mile away. Should I stay in the stand or is it pointless?

12-Nov-17
I had the same issue yesterday. Depends if it's just the shots or like mine are laughing and shouting too. Not sure if it's them not moving for other reasons but I bet part of my lack of sightings yesterday wasn't helped by them

12-Nov-17
I didnt hear any yelling from them but it didn't sound like it would take them long to limit out. They were shooting quite a bit.

14-Nov-17
Fwiw, a few years ago I was duck hunting a public marsh in the eastern part of the state. It had been slow and I had a couple mallards and a pintail. As the evening ended I was getting ready to pick up decoys and letting my lab splash around in the water since it was fairly warm that day. Suddenly I hear more splashing as a rut crazed 170" deer charges out into the water. A stare down between it and the dog, and me and the dog ensued. I chambered a round in case it attacked my dog, and then it ran off. I didn't want to have to try to explain to the warden why I killed a deer with a shotgun, but I wouldn't have let it kill my dog.

• Sitka Gear