squid 14-Nov-17
spike78 14-Nov-17
squid 14-Nov-17
Squash 16-Nov-17
archer756 16-Nov-17
squid 16-Nov-17
archer756 16-Nov-17
12-Nov-17
I've been trying to sell a parcel of land that I own in Delaware County. Its an 8 acre parcel, good road frontage and great hunting on it and just down the road on state land.

We moved out of the North East and just won't get back to use it. I've been through two+ realtors, that have been very little help. I have the property priced below market value and the timber value on it is more than I am asking for it.

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

13-Nov-17
I’m in Ulster county. What town is it in. Sales around here are hit and miss.

13-Nov-17
Post the particulars right here and you might get a good hit from a bowsiter. I myself am looking for some more land. Rick

13-Nov-17
yeah post it up here

13-Nov-17
How much you asking?

14-Nov-17

squid's Link
I bought this property over 10 years ago and hunted it and the surrounding area every year for deer and turkeys. We cleared a small area and had a culvert put in to be able to park our RV on the place. There is a small live stream at the back of the property and always had hunting access to the land behind our place.

I paid 23K for it and we are asking 17K

14-Nov-17
Can you also say what you pay in taxes on this property for school and county please. Thanks,

14-Nov-17
Taxes combined for School and Property were $640 last year.

14-Nov-17
Just curious...if the timber value is worth more than $17K, why don't get that money before selling it?

14-Nov-17
Its not all about the money for me. It is a great piece of land that I'd rather see it go to someone that can use it versus clear cutting a property that will be barren of trees. Plus once cleared, I'd still have to pay taxes and try to sell a naked property.

If I go another year without selling it, I may timber it and sell the property.

14-Nov-17
What is the land you hunt behind it? Public or know the landowner? Enough deer on 8 acres to hunt just that?

14-Nov-17
We consistently killed at least one deer on our 8 acres every year. The land behind the owner lets anyone hunt. The back of the property is the border for Delaware / Schoharie county line.

Over the years we got permission by knocking on doors, leasing some nearby property and also hunting Clapper Hollow State land. We never had any problems finding or obtaining places to hunt. I have been hunting this area since 1998 and was always hunting different areas every year just for something new.

16-Nov-17
I’m curious as to why you state that the only timber management prescription is a clear cut ? Why not manage the timber resource by doing a sustainable selective harvest , so the property would be able to provide timber revenue every 15 - 20 years ?

16-Nov-17
Squash, what you said about clear cut is NOT TRUE. I owned some large amount of forest in NY and did not do ANY CLEAR CUT I was able to manage my land for logging every 5 yrs Where ever you got your information is where it should stay

16-Nov-17
I'm not getting into a timber argument here. I live 2000 miles away from this property and haven't been back to visit in 2 years. I have no interest in dealing with or managing timber on 8 acres.

We had a timber cruise done by a forester, there is a lot of hardwood including some prime cherry that is 30+ years old that would bring more than the asking price if the land was cleared. Take it for what it is worth.

16-Nov-17
Would like to find more info on land please e mail me [email protected] THanks

• Sitka Gear