Cheesehead Mike 17-Nov-17
Trapper 17-Nov-17
smokey 17-Nov-17
Badger_16 17-Nov-17
Oleduckhunter 17-Nov-17
ground hunter 17-Nov-17
blackwolf 18-Nov-17
12-Nov-17
Just wondering where everyone will be gun hunting. Me and my 2 boys will be in Oconto County, just outside of Gillett. Didn't see a deer last year due to 35mph winds. If you have a gun photo from 2016 please post it so we can all remember last year in honor.

12-Nov-17

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Lincoln County with my son and grandson. They're taking on the northwoods challenge. Picture was opening morning in the wind.

12-Nov-17
Hunting with my wife in pierce. Very excited she won the coin toss for first shot / choice.

12-Nov-17
Town of Delta. Bayfield Co. National Forest style.

12-Nov-17
I will be hunting with my son and my buddy in Pierce county. I live for bow season, but I still really like the excitement and camaraderie of gun season. Good luck to all, have fun and above all BE SAFE.

12-Nov-17
The wife & I will be at our property in Sauk County. Looking forward to the weekend, usually see a ton of deer. Last year I passed on four antlered bucks on opening morning and bunch of does & fawns,...I just felt more content to watch 'em & let 'em go than to pull the trigger. Still felt as if I had had a successful hunt.

12-Nov-17
Much like many I don't care much about gun. It will be nice to share camp with 20+ guys and gals. We'll be in Jackson co. Looking like 30+ mph winds right now. Not to excited about that but that was last years opener and I was lucky to take a buck. Good luck everyone and be safe out there!

12-Nov-17
I will be in Waupaca County with relatives. More of a family get together and time to catch up than a hunt. We do shoot a few deer in the 2 1/2 days that we hunt together. Then I will spend the duration in Marathon county if I get a crack at a few does, I will take them.

12-Nov-17
I will be hunting our farm in lacrosse county. Since I got a nice one with a bow, I'm hoping I don't have to pull the trigger at all. More about family and tradition.

12-Nov-17
I will be with everyone in spirit,,,,, I have a lot of local hunters around my house, so I will have chili and soda, and coffee etc, for the guys, who plan on stopping by,,,, anxious to see and hear how everyone does.....

Good Luck and Be Safe,,,,,, I am sure most of the kids are excited also

12-Nov-17
Winter for me. Deer camp since the late 40s. Black lake area, national forest.

12-Nov-17
marinette county,mentoring my grandaughter, One gun. Celebrating thankgiving on Sat evening with wife, daughter.two sons and five grandkids. life is good.

13-Nov-17
I will be working for johnny law doing woods patrol. Hopefully everyone stays safe and I have a boring week. Also hope to find a few good guys in orange to bs with.

13-Nov-17
North of the Dells. Use to see 15+ deer a day up to 10 years ago. Now we see maybe 2 or 3 a day. No hunting pressure any more. It's still exciting sometimes.

13-Nov-17
I still can't get away so I'll be bowhunting down here and hitting refresh on Bowsite to see how you guys are doing.

13-Nov-17
S.W. Shawano Co. my son and I. My dad passed just over a year ago, so one less to carry on a fifty year tradition. Be safe, and luck to all.

13-Nov-17
Clark and Wood County. I would very much like to be successful early Saturday so I can catch the Badger game. If not I guess I'll follow them on my phone. Will hunt for a decent buck during the weekend, and if not successful will shoot a doe during the week.

13-Nov-17
Hunting on our property in Polk County. Will be 18 hunters opening weekend, shrinking down to 5 on Tuesday, and back up to 15 hunters for second weekend.

Looking at the weather forecast, glad that my main gun stand is a enclosed one. Our group is basically the men/boys from the 4 families that own the land. We stay in a basic cabin, with two bunkrooms, a kitchen/living room, and another room. Propane heat & lights, (plus wood fireplace), no running water, and an outhouse.

We've been hunting here since 1971.

13-Nov-17
I checked the weather for northern WI and it doesn't have the wind like Southern. I hope that holds true.

13-Nov-17
Lincoln cty . Big timber. Won't see many but its a quality hunt .

13-Nov-17
Skipping gun season for the 4th time in the last 6 years. Hunting 320 deerless posted acres in Ruck Co. alone is a waste of time, money, & effort. If something positive happens with the over population of wolves up there, I may just get the Remington out of mothballs again.

13-Nov-17
I Would love to have 320 acres to wonder and hunt on. Go hunting!

13-Nov-17
For the first time ever (since 1966) I will probably not gun hunt in Wisconsin. I plan to bow hunt in MN the next 4 days. Then gun season in MN thanksgiving week using either the bow or TC encore with a scoped slug barrel on it. I suppose there is a chance I could tag out this week and still end up in Hayward but I doubt it. If I still have a tag after thanksgiving week it will be a cold December with either the bow or a muzzleloader in my hands.

13-Nov-17
Richland County, just north of RIchland Cntr on 40 acres. One of my favorite places to hunt and spend time with my stepdad!

14-Nov-17
Price County. Town of Ogema on roughly 80 acres. Same area I do the majority of my bow hunting.

14-Nov-17
I'll be up solo this weekend in Waupaca and Portage Counties. Back home after the weekend, and back up Thanksgiving with the family. I'll be out with my 7 and 5 year old boys the second half of the week. If anybody is getting together or going out in the area, give a shout!

14-Nov-17
I will be hunting with my son in Waushara County near Wild Rose again this season overlooking a 5 acre bowl. I’m hoping that the wind is diminished down in that area so the deer will be more apt to move in the winds. It worked last year!!

14-Nov-17
SW WI family farms close to 8,000 acres total. I'll hunt with the kids lots more fun. Bringing lots of snacks. Probably only hunt Sat and maybe Thanksgiving morning. I've got the whole place to myself for Muzzleloader season.

14-Nov-17
Last time hunting a 76 acre private parcel in Marquette county due to sale of the land. Good times with the family regardless whether we see anything.

14-Nov-17
I will be out all nine days on our family farm in Monroe County. My two college bound sons will be there for the opening weekend, then the last 4 days. My brother on and off all nine days and his daughter will be joining us for the first time. She is twelve. My mom, who is 84, gets up early opening weekend and makes us a hunters breakfast. A tradition she keeps on with that she, and we, love. We stay out all day for day one and two. My sons and I meet under a tree stand for lunch both days.

Great times and great memories! BC

14-Nov-17
Bow Crazy .... sounds like a great time!

You mentioned the meals traditions. For the last 16 years, my brother comes over both days of opening weekend for lunch in my stand. I hunt on the north edge of a 10 acre field, and he hunts the woods to the south of it. So it is a short walk over for lunch. In 2010 my stand was destroyed by tornado like high winds, so in 2011 I built an enclosed stand. It is 6x6, and I even installed a tiny camping stove/oven. So my brother and I enjoy warmed up chili, and biscuits. We sit in my stand talk and laugh, and have great fun. He is usually in the stand with me from 10:30 - 1:30. It is the only time of the year I get to spend quality time with my baby brother, as he is married with 2 young kids. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

And back in 2015, he actually shot a buck during lunch, from my stand, using my gun, with me sitting right next to him. Probably my greatest hunting memory. Our father passed unexpectedly when my brother was just 14, and whenever we are at "the shack" we both feel closer to him.

The gun season means a lot more to me that just using a rifle to kill deer. The valuable time I get to spend with loved ones, and dear friends cannot be replaced. As I get older, and more members of our group pass on to their tree stand in the sky, I value it even more. But if a nice buck crosses my path, I will certainly try to put him down too.

14-Nov-17
Lincoln county on 40 acres that we bought back in 1996. It's going to be the 3rd year where it'll be three generations hunting together. I'm assuming I won't see many deer if any at all but it doesn't matter as long as my son gets to see something. He sits in the enclosed stand with my dad looking over the food plot. The last 2 years he's been able to get a deer from that stand. Seeing how excited my dad is each time my son gets a deer is what keeps me coming back. We'd have much better hunting at home in Pierce county but the memories are what the gun season is all about for me.

14-Nov-17
Douglas Co - public land - been hunting the same area(s) for the past 10 yrs with fairly good success - only have Sat & Sun to hunt this yr due to work schedule

14-Nov-17
Out the back door ! I have to turn the knob first to get out :D

14-Nov-17
Lincoln County, really hoping my boys come for a couple days. We've got 10 acres adjacent to county forest. I look forward to food, games, and movies in the camper at night at least as much as the hunting.

14-Nov-17
Portage Co. here on our 220 acres. It will be myself and 2 brothers plus a buddy from Minnesota. All good times as we we do a fish fry on Friday and pizza on Saturday. This year is a different year as we are rebuilding our hunting shack so all will be bunking at my house about 15 miles from the land. My son for the first year cannot make it as he has work and lives in Minnesota so my heart is a bit sad he is not in the group. In all it is about the camp and memories then the actual deer harvest.

14-Nov-17
Bayfield, land of Deer!

14-Nov-17
Richland county with my brothers, daughters and my partner in the property. Brothers and I head up Wednesday so we can get the drinking and card playing out of our system, then get serious about hunting come Saturday.

15-Nov-17
Work or play I hope to win $5-8 and a few sodas playing cribbage, smear, and put/take! Good luck hunters!!!

15-Nov-17
Public land in southern FDL county with my brother and sons. "Deer Camp" is at our new house so it needs some final touches yet. Doing something different and using a small boat to get to my stand way back in the swamp. Should be great as long as ice doesn't form like last weekend.

16-Nov-17
Any kid that can lose 28 straight games of cribbage and come back for more is definitely tough enough to hunt the elusive, and often frustrating, whitetail! You trained 'em up right Camp 2 dukes, well done!

16-Nov-17
1st couple days at the cabin in Dunbar area with my 4 brothers and my son and daughter .Then may be a day or 2 in Kewaunee or eastern Brown Co. Then jump on a plane Thanksgiving morning to fly to JAPAN for 2 weeks to visit my daughter ,son in law (Air Force pilot) and my 2 precious granddaughters ( age 3 & 1 ) Most excited to see the little girls.

16-Nov-17
I'll be hunting in the Flambeau River State Forest opening day. Then closer to Park Falls for rest of the season.

17-Nov-17
Ill be hunting in the nicolet national forest around where my family has hunted since 1923 keeping the tradition going. forest county wi. then on private land in northern marathon county during the week.

17-Nov-17
Bayfield cnty for me and our group, county and paper company land

17-Nov-17
Out my back door opening weekend, possible Bayfield after Thanksgiving...

17-Nov-17
Northern Waupaca and Southern Shawano county for the 9 days..

17-Nov-17
Nice try guys. Trying to find my hot spot :-) Seriously though, the gun season has long since lost appeal to me. Still, I will likely go out a bit in the A.M. near my home. A nice spot that I see some really fine bucks but have never bowhunted (I need to start bowhunting there). Sawyer County.

I don't like to go where I bowhunt since I prefer to shoot the bucks with a bow or at least muzzleloader so I go to other areas for the gun opener. I don't really care if I shoot anything but it beats sitting in the house staring at the TV. Later in the season, I will go for walks in my bow areas with the rusty pile of iron more for scouting than anything else.

17-Nov-17
Burnett County, will be bouncing around pearly swamp and some other areas of interest.

17-Nov-17
I will be part of the orange army in st Croix county.

17-Nov-17
Smokey I am with you,,,, I love the ML season, no one is out, usually have snow,,, I love to track deer,,,, I found some great grouse spots, and bow spots, just tracking deer, during ML season.....

If I have another guy, tracking is easier, since we can put a truck up head several miles if needed...... its a challenge to do it this way, but it is fun,,,,,

2013 I got a buck I saw that crossed the road,,,,, 45 min later I shot him in his bed,,,, than I could only take him out, by cutting him half,,,, had to cache him off the ground, while the front half came out, going back for the other.....

Was checked that day by the warden, I was the first guy he ever saw do that,,,,,, less work, he was coming down the road, as I came out,,,, he offered to help me get the other half, but I thanked him, but said I got nothing else to do,,,, ha ha

18-Nov-17
Bowhunted Bayfield County, Delta area for 2 weeks but staying home until next spring scouting. Hoping the one big boy makes it thru the next 9 days and the winter. It was a great season to not cross one wolf track in the snow.

• Sitka Gear