Will tell 13-Nov-17
horsethief51 13-Nov-17
horsethief51 13-Nov-17
horsethief51 13-Nov-17
Rut Nut 13-Nov-17
ago0784 13-Nov-17
horsethief51 14-Nov-17
13-Nov-17
Does anyone have any tips on a good place to bear hunt in the Western part of the state my wife just had our second child and I had open heart surgery in the spring haven't had the time to scout myself any info would be really appreciated

13-Nov-17
If your looking for a nice place Game land 39 in Venago county has some really big Bear. There is also Game land 130 in Mercer county that has Bear, both game lands have Bear killed every year.

13-Nov-17
Having harvested 2 bears and haing has health issues recently, I am curious how you are going to get a dead bear out of the woods and what you are going to do with it after you get it checked. Reason being they are impossible to move by yourself, many butchers will not touch them and some taxidermists do not want them either. My guy wants it completely caped out (ever try get the feet and paws done?) Plus scraped just to get the hide tanned. Tough work! All I am saying is do your homework so you can enjoy the process and not be stuck with surprises. Helps if you have family and friends to go with you. Taking a bear by any means is truly one of the greatest experiences I have ever had but I do not think I want to do it again. Clarion County has a ton of bears by the way. Good luck if you go.

13-Nov-17
I actually am convinced that the meat from both my bears tasted better that deer meat.

13-Nov-17

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
This cost $200 to $300 to get tanned.

13-Nov-17

Rut Nut's Link
Saw this article today:

13-Nov-17
Horse I will hopefully be hunting with my dad and uncle but if not i skinned for a local deer processor for almost twenty years I will carry it out a few pounds at a time if necessary lol I just don't want to spend a day sitting in woods that are devoid of bears and waste a day of hunting I work 12 hour days and turns also so I have limited time thanks for all help guys

14-Nov-17
Have fun. A bad day of hunting is better than a good day at work I always say.

• Sitka Gear