jdrdeerslayer 13-Nov-17
Come november 13-Nov-17
EBow10 13-Nov-17
Will 13-Nov-17
huntskifishcook 13-Nov-17
Will 14-Nov-17
huntskifishcook 14-Nov-17
13-Nov-17
I was buying some buck bomb at dicks sporting goods the other night, and saw this nose jammer spray. Anybody use it before??? Does it work???

13-Nov-17
It's vanilla scented overload. A little vanilla here or there can do the job if not too strong, Nose Jammer is strong. Actually it smells like a combination of old soda and vanilla. Way too strong for my taste. Never had anything come in while using it.

13-Nov-17
I thought it was bunk... But noticed a bunch of guys on the main forum here a couple years ago (I think) basically loving it... So I figured "what the heck". I didnt notice a big difference one way or the other that first year (or since really)... But, then a good friend brought a bottle as a gift when he came to our "super bowl Thanksgiving" party last February. Now, if this was "just another hunter" friend, I'd be happy and probably try it. But this guy has made his living for 30+ years as a wildlife photographer. I'd never spoken to him about it... And he brought it on his own. He said he and his hunting buddy also have been using it, and that he's used it for work for a couple years.

That sold me, and I've used it every hunt since.

Now, I dont use it exactly how the company says. I basically get set up and then spray solidly the tree over/behind my head and any branches or near by trees.

Does it work? I dont know. I've shot some deer since starting with it, but I always try to set up down wind of the deer and that's how things have worked out... So thus far, I cant be sure but it's not hurt.

Last year I had 4 does around for a while, and one really was down wind, she got nervous, but never freaked. Was it jammer or that I was up in the tree and the wind was mostly over her? Dont know. But, I've been parting with money for it for a couple years despite that.

I will say this, after getting doe in heat pee on my hand last weekend... Scent block spray didnt help... but spraying my hand with nose jammer created a pleasant vanilla scent with a lingering after scent of deer pee :)

13-Nov-17
"But spraying my hand with nose jammer created a pleasant vanilla scent with a lingering after scent of deer pee :)"

You're sicker than I thought lol. J/k that's funny

13-Nov-17
Practically finger licking good I assume !?!?

13-Nov-17
well take a whiff of it then try to smell somethi g else , if you ca smell that something else it doesnt work. and a deer is gonna smell 100x better than us

13-Nov-17
You ever cut a fart in your scentblockers.? You can still smell it.

13-Nov-17
Lol

13-Nov-17
B and S: The scent of my fingers... It was a delicate bouquet. Smokey, a hint of vanilla... and that strong ammonia finish capped it. Finger licking... Bah ha ha!

Come November - sooo true. And, well, um... A friend, yeah... a friend... tells me that if you pass flatulence, NoseJammer does not fully cover that, well, thick air...

13-Nov-17
I'm always a skeptic when it comes to any of these products. I just find it really hard to believe that a spray can of some vanilla stuff can fool an animal that has about 270,000,000 million more scent receptors than we do.

14-Nov-17
HSFC - You are absolutely correct. That said, placebo or not, the little boost in confidence it gives me is worth the investment :)

The brain is a fickle thing... Ha!

14-Nov-17
I totally agree Will, there is a lot to be said for the placebo effect. Anything that keeps our asses in the stand, sitting still for longer is a good thing in my book.

• Sitka Gear