VtTransplant 13-Nov-17
bjstcrusn 14-Nov-17
H20huntr 14-Nov-17
13-Nov-17

bjstcrusn's embedded Photo
Blood trail And the deer after it's shot
Blood trail And the deer after it's shot
Had a 20 yard shot on a big body buck Saturday. I thought it was a perfect shot with a clean pass through. I was wrong got about 8 inch penetration and tons of blood with bubbles. I waited about 1 1/2 hours before i got out of the stand and what i thought was a slam dunk turned into a 2 day search. Had great blood fot 80 yards then 4 drops to nothing. I'm hoping it pulled through and not dead somewhere. Worst part was I managed to get the deer to stop after I shot him and instead of putting another arrow in him I started to take pictures and text my buddies about the buck I just shot. I felt great about the shot so putting another arrow in him never crossed my mind. Lesson learned when giving the opportunity to fling another arrow do It! Anyone think he is dead or alive?

13-Nov-17

13-Nov-17

Don't know why my pictures are sideways

13-Nov-17
:(

13-Nov-17
if you look at the picture of the deer you can see what i believe is blood dripping off or starting to coagulate

13-Nov-17
Sounds like a 1 lung shot. They can live a long time on 1 lung but will die. I think that deer is dead. time to get some friends and start searching that whole area for him.

13-Nov-17
If you have "tons of blood with bubbles" that deer is dead somewhere.

13-Nov-17
shot it at 630 am sat got out of the tree at 8 looked but realized blood stopped went back after breakfast with a buddy. stopped for lunch went back in with 3 of us looked till dark. grabbed 2 more fresh bodies an looked for 3 hours yesterday.Nothing!!! sucks.

13-Nov-17
Tough one... I cant see the pic well enough to have a sense of the shot. Bigwoods points sound good... But it's a tough one.

13-Nov-17
I agree probably top of one lung. Gotta grid search

13-Nov-17
Thickets, tall grass, swampy wet lands. Keep us posted and good lucj

13-Nov-17
Yep, That's a one lung shot. He will most likely die but not until he walks a mile. If you know his path or bedding area then keep looking . As usual , if all else fails , head to water .

13-Nov-17
Deer can go a long ways on 1 lung especially a big deer. I agree with the one lung being the case here. That deer is dead in my opinion. Keep searching.

13-Nov-17
Not to pour salt but another mechanical with poor penetration?

13-Nov-17
It’s been over 48 hours so if it is dead the birds would have found it by now. Follow the sounds from crows and I’m willing to bet you will find the body or what is left of it. I had a similar thing happen about 10 years ago and I found the head about a mile away from my last blood. A murder of crows led me right to it.

14-Nov-17
Thanks for the input guys. Gonna go back up and listen for crows while I'm walking around.

14-Nov-17
Same exact thing happened to me 6 years ago. My Palmer buck of a lifetime crossed the street after the shot. I spent 2 days looking and had to quit because my eyes were hazy and starting to see things. My thoughts were that a scumbag saw it bleeding crossing the road and nabbed it. Good luck to you, some great advice already given from others!

• Sitka Gear