Moons22 14-Nov-17
Will 14-Nov-17
UrbanHunter 14-Nov-17
Moons22 14-Nov-17
MA_Bowhunter 14-Nov-17
Proline 14-Nov-17
13-Nov-17

Will's Link
https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Wounded-Deer-Comprehensive-Tracking/dp/1616088362/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510624376&sr=8-1&keywords=blood+trailing+deer+by+trout+books

Seeing some of the discussion about uncertain hits this year, makes me think of a good book: Finding Wounded Deer by John Trout. Like most hunters, whatever knowledge I have on this subject is from hard lessons in the woods that the hunt handed me, or friends... Trout's book took it up a solid notch.

Well worth purchasing for your hunting library, OR trying interlibrary loan at your local library.

13-Nov-17
Thanks Will !

13-Nov-17
Definitely going to get this book!

13-Nov-17
Better investment then my Barry Wensel book.

13-Nov-17
Spike I'll buy your Wensel book off you if you want. Pm me if so

13-Nov-17
Good job Will. Seems to be needed by a lot of us this year (myself included ). :(

13-Nov-17
Bowandspear, It is just like every other deer hunting book you ever read. He does make a good statement. I’d rather bet my money on the mediocre hunter with a lot of time to hunt then an expert with few days to hunt. Meaning their is no sure fire tactics but mostly the right timing.

14-Nov-17
Kind of like me :)

14-Nov-17
Nah, Moons, your a good hunter... With lots of time... and the best ingredient to couple that with: good spots.

Put a bad hunter in a good spot and not much happens. But put a good hunter in a good spot and you become the LEGEND of Bowsite MA :)

14-Nov-17
That is a great book, Will. Great suggestion. I used to carry around hair samples for the longest time to identify what part of the body shots came from....

14-Nov-17
Haha, thanks Will. I am definitely going to buy that book.

14-Nov-17
Another endorsement for the John Trout book. Really helpful, especially the deer reaction to each shot location in the back of the book.

14-Nov-17
Im up for a read. I have read so many books. I figure if I get one tidbit out of a book its worth it. This one should give alot of info. I personally hate blood trailing. I like them to drop on spot!

• Sitka Gear