huntskifishcook 14-Nov-17
Moons22 14-Nov-17
spike78 14-Nov-17
Pi 14-Nov-17
fisherick 14-Nov-17
bowandspear 14-Nov-17
Will 14-Nov-17
14-Nov-17
In the stand since 5:30, lots of action on my cams and a fresh scrape close to my stand. Praying for a productive day in z11.

14-Nov-17
Im out, trying out a new spot. Only 2 days left of my week vacation, haven’t seen a deer since October. Sign has dried out around all mu spots. Checked out this new area in the rain yesterday afternoon, tons of fresk tracks in the sand around power lines and nice fresh scrape. Fear they are heavily nockturnal in this area though, we’ll see.

14-Nov-17
at work waiting to clock in. there was some snow mix on my way to work in westfield! good luck out there

14-Nov-17
Kowabunga I saw a deer! Moving purposefully at about 60 yards. I think he was on to me, maybe I went a little heavy on the aftershave this morning. It would be an understatement to say it's been a tough year in Jebediahland, and the bar is pretty low. But I'm optimistic. This deer is going to reconsider, I predict, and decide that the Aqua Velva scent is worth checking out. Good luck today!

14-Nov-17
Addicted, your new spot sounds promising. It’s been in the last few days that the activity on my cams has shifted from night to day. Most activity being between 7-11a.m. And 3-7pm.

14-Nov-17
I am in z11. Two doe just passed. No sign of a buck following. Scrapes and rubs around. I haven’t seen any chasing yet in z11 this year.

14-Nov-17
Salvo, same here, I think it’s just begging to heat up here. Where are you roughly in z11?

14-Nov-17
Just missed a big 8pt. Broke my rule of not looking twice at the antlers. I pulled the shot. No blood, no hair, and no arrow. About to circle just in case, but looks like I hit grass.

14-Nov-17
Northern zn 8 Fresh snow cold and overcast. Might be a good day. In a fresh stand yet to be used this year. Nice little pinch point funnel with a cross wind. Had my 3 rd buck sighting in a week just wouldn’t close in more than 60 yards yesterday morning. They R definitely active

14-Nov-17
Good luck out there today all!!! Work for me today back out tomorrow morning

14-Nov-17
Wow...Big buck stormed by no shot, 5 minutes later smaller buck followed. Took him at 20 yds. Ran 30 and dropped. First sit in this spot. Going to wait to see if the bigger buck comed back.

14-Nov-17
Nice Addicted. Double it up

14-Nov-17
Add. That move sure paid off. Well done . Hold tight you may see more , its early. Congrats.

14-Nov-17
Nice job!!! Can’t wait to get out at 230. Hope they are moving tonight

14-Nov-17
Nice

14-Nov-17
been hanging w/ the orange army past few weeks in NH. but after seeing a half dozen vehicles parked in my usual spots I'm scouting new territory today.

14-Nov-17
Just passed on a spike. Hope his dad walks by

14-Nov-17
Had a big 10 by my stand as I walked in. After a standoff and blowing departure, got in the stand. 10 min later a 6 came by at 10 yards. He hung around for about 20 min before getting spooked. 2 min after he left a fork and another deer approached. Fork came to 15 other deer stayed farther off. Unsure what it was. Nothing else since 7

14-Nov-17
Just had a big 8 and a spike come by... No shot.

14-Nov-17
Just had a big 8 and a spike come by... No shot.

14-Nov-17
Confirmed. 100yrds later I see him chasing some does. Clean miss. But at least I know where he is now.

14-Nov-17
Sounds like lots of action today. I hope to get out this afternoon. My buddy shot a buck this AM... haven't heard what it is yet...

14-Nov-17
Wow a lot of sightings. I hope I see something tonight

14-Nov-17

14-Nov-17
I'm stuck waiting for a delivery ... One of those 4-6 hour windows ... Grrrr.

14-Nov-17
sat on a shallow river crossing this AM, I say three white flags move a cross a ledge 80 yards or so in front of me, away from me, not sure at the time if its just does or if their is a buck. All the while the birds coming off the powerline behind me are telling a different story. I give one grunt to try and turn the deer out in front of me. When I do a big doe, follower by another big doe jump off the power line behind me maybe 10 yards to my right. followed by a high and wide buck, big body lots of points. as usauall he doesn't stop until he is behind some evergreens he stares back at me at full draw for a few seconds then walks off. At this point why not grunt again. the three deer I saw earlier start back my way. they get about 50 yards and start blowing, I blow right back, they seem bothered by it and trot off. one again I hear noise behind me and watch the does and buck cross the poweline once again. I shot quick fletch fletching's which have a 5 inch wrap. that measure even with that bucks tracks I saw on the way out, which frankly makes me a little sick to my stomach. I also saw three sets of small yearling tracks crossing my own boot tracks which explains the other deer. now I have to go to work which also makes me a little sick to my stomach.

14-Nov-17
Addicted, any word???

14-Nov-17
Wow - I knew it felt good getting the kids to school... but after reading this I may not be able to focus until I hit the woods later today! Exciting morning! Congrats to all for seeing deer, having cool encounters and just enjoying the heck out of it!

14-Nov-17

Addicted's embedded Photo

14-Nov-17
I am stuck flying a desk today,.. dreaming of being back in the stand,..

14-Nov-17

Ended up being a 7, feel blessed. Only my 2nd with a bow.

14-Nov-17
Congrats looks like older buck

14-Nov-17
Way to go, Addicted! That's a nice buck. Congratulations!

14-Nov-17
I'll be taking an afternoon stand overlooking a small field where I've had a lot of luck in recent years (including this year). Fran and I set up a new stand over the weekend that will work perfectly with a north wind. I only have one Z11 surplus tag left... hoping to fill it today!

14-Nov-17
Fantastic, Addicted!! Congrats. Wow what I great morning to be out... congrats to all that saw deer.... I am stuck in Zone0.

14-Nov-17
Congrats addicted!! Nice deer.

Jimbo, I've got a funny feeling you're going to fill it!! Quite the killer you are. Good luck.

14-Nov-17
The large 8 and small fork were just meandering around. No aggression toward each other and didn’t care about my grunting. Definitely weren’t on the trail of a Doe.

14-Nov-17
Congrats addicted beautiful buck

14-Nov-17
Strong work Addicted! Great buck man! So stoked you all are having great action!!!!! I'm in the stand at 2:30 I can't wait!!!! Good job all stay vigilant and shoot straight! Good day

14-Nov-17
Awesome! WTG, addicted!

14-Nov-17
Congratulations addict. I called the same or another 8 within 60yrd, but disappeared. A 4pt meandered by just out of range. Ignored my bleat. I'm going in to warm up, calm down, and refocus for the afternoon.

14-Nov-17
You all are killing me! Hopefully I can get out this afternoon, congrats Addicted!

14-Nov-17
Well done Addicted! Nice buck man! I'm bailing in an hour... should be in the tree by 2:30, 2:45 latest unless the mass pike (going to a favorite CT spot) gets me...

14-Nov-17
Nice buck! Although to me they are all nice.

14-Nov-17
Nice Addicted! Thats a great buck!

14-Nov-17
Just got settled in. Hope they are moving here.

14-Nov-17
Wound up seeing 4 today. The only reason that's interesting is the comparison with days leading up to today. In 3 + 1/2 weeks prior, in my area I had seen zero. So...something's up.

14-Nov-17
Made it back out. Posted in a bush near where I saw the buck chasing does. Hope it works out. It's my last day off for a while

14-Nov-17
Good Luck PublicLand - .

14-Nov-17
I snuck out to move a stand and sit for an hour. Sent drag the place and set camera. Freeeeeeeesshhh turds. Big rubs . Tomorow's hope.

14-Nov-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
I'm out sitting over the "L" field with the rifle. I took a walk here this am and saw 15-20 sets of tracks in the snow. Tried following a buck track but the snow was sparse in the woods. Maybe he comes out to play tonight??

14-Nov-17
Traffic on 190 and 90 had me later than hoped... feels awesome, damp, upper 30s... only glitch is a sort of swirly air current... it wants to be ene but its all over... good luck folks!

14-Nov-17
Finally out in a stand. Had to grab a quick hunt near some homes. Anticipating the whirl of leaf blowers any moment.

14-Nov-17
Been quiet after the two bucks passed this morning,,. Did see s mouse.... let him walk.., needs to grow a bit

14-Nov-17
Been quiet after the two bucks passed this morning,,. Did see s mouse.... let him walk.., needs to grow a bit

14-Nov-17
My buddy just shot one on his walk in to his stand lol. Was able to sneak up on the doe because of how quiet the leaves are. Z10

14-Nov-17
In stand nothing yet

14-Nov-17
Moons even though I don’t know you I consider you my buddy. Their maybe now I will have good juju lol.

14-Nov-17
Ungie is my buddy too ha more juju.

14-Nov-17
Saw a yearling and small 6pt. Too early in the season for me to shoot him since I already have meat. First time having deer 15yrds away from the ground though, which was cool. Didn't spook them either. Did kick something up on the way out, of course. Snorted at him so he wouldn't be too scared. He snorted back. Hope he is still there in a few days. Two shooter bucks, three little ones, I can't complain besides the miss in the morning.

14-Nov-17
nice job addicted good looking deer

14-Nov-17
Great job all. I got halted on my entrance in at 2:30 from power line when I heard a couple walking around. Smelled like the rut. So took up sit along the edge and bleated , nothing. So after 20 arrived at tree late and saw zero until dark.

14-Nov-17
Well I had a pretty cool afternoon, and learned some things too. First off I sprayed some estrous on my boots and walked to my blind on the edge of this field. About 330 I hear something coming down the trail. Get ready, see movement entering the field. Yellow lab. Nose down on a B-line right for me. I scared the shit out of him at 5 yards ha ha. 415 I catch movement on the far side of the field. Grab the binos. 1, 2, 3 does walk out and start feeding. Had live decoys for 35 mins. No buck. What I learned is I need a bipod of some sorts to rest the gun on. I had the scope on them for practice, and man am I shaky!! I feel like I'm rock solid with the bow, but all over the place with the gun. Any suggestions for a stabilizer of some sorts?

14-Nov-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Also here is my buddies doe. Spike, the good juju is with you now!

14-Nov-17
Nice shot on your buddy's doe, Moons. Congrats to him.

I had 5 come into my field with about 15 minutes of legal light left... 2 does and 3 little ones. One of the does was pretty big. They were slowly feeding my way, and when they were about 50 yards from me, a van came down the lane on the edge of the field... they all ran back into the woods. I had been sitting there since 2:00 pm freezing my behind off... waited all that time... probably within a couple of minutes of shooting the big doe... and she lives to see another day courtesy of a blue minivan.

14-Nov-17
Moons that is a good sit. I carry a home made mono-pod shooting stick. It adjusts to sit or stand height . Put the base on toe and elbow on knee when sitting. They can be had for about 20 dollars . Nice to strap the barrel to it with something that has some give like a bungee cord material . fold flat and tie off at butt end for traveling. Carry with gun .

14-Nov-17
dog has been giving me dirty looks, so took him bird hunting after work. one nice cock pheasant. and saw three more does on my way home.

14-Nov-17
Sat a swamp transition I had multiple encounters with a good buck last season, but always before shooting light. The place is tore up with rubs, but no deer today. I'm planning to just keep working my way down this transition over the next couple days in the direction they always head last year before shooting light.

14-Nov-17
Thanks for the suggestion pi I appreciate it. I definitely need something!

14-Nov-17
Moons in a pinch you could always pick up a forked stick like the kind you find when fishing with live bait. I have the collapsible monopod like pi mentioned. It’s ok but only long enough if your sitting on the ground so if you get one buy a long one.

14-Nov-17
Your welcome Moons , I almost always need something to rest against. To feel stable and sure. Tree, shooting stick or such . On Anything outside of " I could stab that thing " range .

14-Nov-17
After having a slow start to the season, today was a great day. I had set up in a natural ground blind this morning when a large spike came by and I shot at and missed ($#!& ducked) followed by a 2nd spike 10 minutes later, and 5 does after that. ( o/o range of the recurve). An hour later 6 turkeys hung around awhile. On the way back to the truck a red fox crossed my path. Great day to be in the woods.

14-Nov-17
Fisherick that's awesome, good on ya!

14-Nov-17
Some awesome hunts today - well done all. I saw nothing from the stand, bumped one about 100yds from the truck on the way out - HA!

Moons, I wobble like a drunk with a gun... You may do this, but the trick for me was to wrap the sling around my elbow. Sort of like a spiral wrap from elbow to forearm. Then when I hold up the gun, it's creating tension that causes a bit of a bracing effect. It's not the same as a stick or what not... but it helps.

• Sitka Gear