Oneday121o 16-Nov-17
Ungie01201 16-Nov-17
Bowhunter7 16-Nov-17
15-Nov-17
Zone 0 for me today...

15-Nov-17
Zone 0 for me today...

15-Nov-17
Out in Z10, all quite here. Sitting on a peninsula with a nice sunny southern slope. Tons of scrapes along the swamp edges. Believe there is a big boy living close bye. Not many does though, not sure what the deal is there.

15-Nov-17
Is am out. Hunted this spot yesterday am. For 3 hrs saw a spike and two doe together. Nothing so far today

15-Nov-17
Out in zone 11. Same spot where I saw four bucks yesterday. Nothing yet

15-Nov-17
Blank fore me too.

15-Nov-17

15-Nov-17
Work today depressing as it is always perfect out. This Thursday rain and Friday windy so their goes that idea.

15-Nov-17
Yup only one lone doe t mornin for me in zone 10. Real quiet

15-Nov-17
Z11... nothing yet. Saw 3 does from this spot last week. Lots of scrapes in this area

15-Nov-17
sat this Am saw nothing, big change from yesterday, thou im sure that's from me being their yesterday.

15-Nov-17
Hunting zone 9. Nothing as of now

15-Nov-17
Out since 0445 in blue hills haven't seen anything today. Not even a squirrel debating moving locations

15-Nov-17
Nothing for me in z10

15-Nov-17
My spot in zone 5 might be cooked. 1 big bodied deer early 80 yds out and since then have had a flock of about 15 turkeys circling my stand

15-Nov-17
Junkdog why is ur spot cooked? Seeing a deer and a bunch of turkeys, sounds like u have a good spot!

15-Nov-17
It is a great spot. The turkeys have been circling the stand for 2 hours and I can’t imagine a deer venturing by with all this racket

15-Nov-17
It is a great spot. The turkeys have been circling the stand for 2 hours and I can’t imagine a deer venturing by with all this racket

15-Nov-17
In office this AM... heading out for an afternoon sit.

15-Nov-17
Reclines desk chair,.. grabs desk throttle,.. pushes it forward,.. The desk starts moving down the runway, accerating,.. the desk lifts off,.. up in the air!,.. banks to the right,.. headed to the woods,..

Ring,.. Ring,.. oh shit the phone,.. back to reality,.. "I.T. Dept this is Scott,.. how may I help you?"

LMAO

15-Nov-17
Watched the 4 for 20/mins before a nice broadside pose....... whiffed and shot under his belly at 31/yds...... coffee break to let the spot settle and right back in at 11. As Bow&Spear said " it happens".

15-Nov-17
5:30-10:30. nothing seen or heard. very quiet morning, should have been able to hear them moving from far away. had high hopes after all the good reports yesterday. i'll be back out after lunch likely somewhere new with the climber this time.

15-Nov-17
Nothing for me and my buddy in Zone 10. Days like this I miss not sitting in my climber. Coulda used a nap...............

15-Nov-17
Afternoon hunt for me here in Z-7......Hope they will be moving as well as last week.....

15-Nov-17
Pro, at least it sounds like you're in the woods. How's the ankle coming along, you actually get up into a tree or you on the ground?

15-Nov-17
Junkdog,the Turks will not push the deer away. Moose on the other hand will spook the deer. I've had deer and turkeys more than once together feeding in the same area. Your spot is not junk.

15-Nov-17
Back in a stand. Last night had a nice 8 hang back leaving no shot. He was definitely cruising in the funnel looking for a doe. Try again this afternoon. GL everyone.

15-Nov-17
Alright DeanMan, thanks. I stuck it out. Been debating an all day sit the last 2 hours. I mean, I’m almost there right. I have seen a deer every time I have sat this stand this year. Missed my only shot from this stand so I guess a few turkeys shouldn’t bugger it up.

15-Nov-17
Always in a tree Bruce. I go nuts on the ground! The ankle is a bummer. Walking uneven ground is tough and slow but better than sitting on the couch. The challenge has been getting my boot off. Swells up good. Had to buy boots that lace up.

15-Nov-17
Z 0 for me today. Interesting that yesterday it seemed a lot of action was had, today, some, but no place near as much... I would have guessed it would be a great day with the weather change. Shows what I know :)!

15-Nov-17
Tonight it's going to pick up boys and girls. Just a hunch.

Bluehills anyone out here?

15-Nov-17
In the tree now. Hopefully I? can have some redemption for Saturday’s lost buck

15-Nov-17
Micro hunt this morning, couple big scrapes opened up in my back 40. My buddy whacked a big 9 point, I harvested a doe. Great day, make it happen boys and girls!

15-Nov-17
Sitting in the berry bog stand that I got one of the trail cams stolen from. Haven't been here since the end of Oct. lots of rubs and scrapes all over the woods here now since I was last here. Gonna do some hunts here for a while since I pretty much burnt my rut spot out. I have other places to hunt but am getting lazy now. Hahaha

15-Nov-17
Just settled into my tree fresh rub. On my trail wasn’t there last nite

15-Nov-17
Was able to sneak out awhile tonight, nothing. Saw some yesterday, and not today. So I hearby proclaim that the rut did happen, and it was yesterday.

15-Nov-17
Ya nothing again. Getting disappointed. Seen 1 deer all year.

15-Nov-17
Nothing for me either. No acorns and not much for sign or on cam. Not sure what the hell they are eating?

15-Nov-17
Turkeys are lookouts for deer they often hang together. I would ride dirtbikes as a kid and would see them together all the time on the railroad tracks. I started to hunt those same sections and would scout the roosting turkeys and set up climber in the a.m. close by. No worries.

15-Nov-17
stay positive, this is far from over.

15-Nov-17
Right at sundown a doe comes running towards me and stops under my stand. Was hoping for a nice buck to come right behind but no such luck. Let her pass.

15-Nov-17
I had 6 does come out to a field today. 5 min later a small buck ran and split up the group and chased one around. Then a much larger deer came out and took charge with chasing. I snort wheezed and got his attention and he came wandering down slowly, but by then it was dark I couldnt get him to come down the field fast enough. Maybe next time.

15-Nov-17
Well per usual while sitting in my stand saw nothing on the way out out of nowhere pops out a doe scared the living **it out of me and just runs off. I guess she just wanted to let me know she is still around. Back out for an all day wet rainy sit tomorrow

15-Nov-17
Had a decent bear come in half hour before dark. Right at dark I heard a crash and had a buck grunting up the ridge from me. Made his way down and then I never heard Him again

15-Nov-17
set up the climber this afternoon next to a dry wetlands. thought wind was going to be coming out of it but the opposite happened after I got set up. about 4:00 caught a glimpse of what looked like a doe and yearling get up from the middle of the thicket. they must have caught my wind because they stopped and I think decided to lay back down. was hard to see. nothing was buggering them except me tonight...

15-Nov-17
Wow what a night. I shot home after my last class because my thursday class is cancelled and i never have class on friday. Tough life, I know. Anyways I hopped in the stand for the last 2 hrs. At 440 I have a lone doe come in perfect. 15 yards broadside. I missed. Don't know how, but a clean miss. Shake it off, and get one in the am!

I got a text from one of my buddies at 4 o'clock. He just shot his first ever deer, and made a terrible shot. Almost right in the things ass. We got a crew together and headed over to his spot. Great blood at first so I was thinking perfect, he got the femoral. Well, about 200 yards in the blood started getting sparse. Walk another 50 yards and hear something. Shine the light and there he is. Bedded down, still alive. We were ten yards from it. We backed out and gave him another couple hrs. He was laying right where we saw him last when we got back in there. Very happy for him. First deer ever. He learned a lot and was very grateful.

15-Nov-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

16-Nov-17
Glad you guys found him. You should talk him into an ass mount, just as a reminder to shoot better! My buddy has a bottle opener in doe's butt mounted on the wall.

16-Nov-17
Had two shooters checking scrapes, first one close but no shot. Second one I ending up getting a decent shot off on, will post later once I get it weighed.

16-Nov-17
congrats to you buddy Moons! Glad you guys recovered him. Congrats Oneday! Can't wait to see him!

16-Nov-17
Nice job

• Sitka Gear