onX Maps
The rut is on
Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
Buckshot89 15-Nov-17
bigwoodsbucks22 15-Nov-17
15-Nov-17
Guys, my father just sent me a video from his iPhone while hunting on our property in VT. At 7:00AM this morning he had 6 bucks chasing the same single doe all around him. They were all grunting, blowing, growling and out of breath. They would not stop for him at all and they were ramming each other and chasing each other away and just full on pre-occupied to even notice my father clearly yelling at them. It was pretty cool to wake up to. I'm pissed I have to sit my office today. He's having the time of his life in the deer woods this morning. The rut is officially on in full force fellas. Get in the woods!!!

15-Nov-17
VT is a lot different than down here though. Even different zones in MA have different peak ruts, let alone two different states. Rut was peak in central Maine last week. 4 different guys in camp saw bucks chasing does last week. 2 weeks ago (very beginning of November there were a ton of mature bucks killed all over Mass but a lot fewer last week. That being said, the entire month of November is the best time of year to be in the woods. Good luck.

• Sitka Gear