Sgt. York 16-Nov-17
NickDlow 16-Nov-17
spike78 16-Nov-17
Ace 17-Nov-17
Paul 17-Nov-17
NickDlow 10-Dec-17
>>---CTCrow---> 11-Dec-17
15-Nov-17
I wish I could bring my bow with me to work. I just had a big body 8pt run about 10 yards in front of me. Couple weekends ago working at night must’ve seen about 6 good size bucks within 10-30 yards. I work for a railroad company and we go through some nice wooded areas. Btw all these sightings are in Windsor. So if your hunting this area you have some nice bucks around. I’ll be out this Friday and Sunday. This past Sunday I decided to not go in the woods. I took my dog out at 7am and of course there were two deer in the tall grass just at the edge of my lawn. Couldn’t see if either was a buck but at this point I just need some meat in the freezer. I hope this is my weekend coming up.

15-Nov-17
Saturday is supposed to be raining hard and I'm not sure I can dodge work during the week, going to try my best though. I used to see deer when bird hunting and birds when deer hunting. Go figure!!

15-Nov-17
Always seems that way. There have been multiple time I go quick to my cameras to check my films . Figuring to just pull cards. And of course there are deer right by cameras. With no bow in hand.

15-Nov-17
Yup seems to be the way it goes. My girl breaks my balls and tells me the deer have cams watching me haha. I’m working Saturday and Friday is my anniversary so only getting a morning hunt in. Sunday is all day for me. Also everyday heading home from Meriden there’s a field that’s isolated between 691 and 91 that has deer almost every day. I gotta find out who owns that but I think it’s actually for sale.

15-Nov-17
A lot of thickets along the tracks in Windsor.

15-Nov-17

>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo
I wish I could've hunted at work. Had this dude 2 feet from my window.

15-Nov-17

15-Nov-17
All of my coworkers were laughing at me. They said he was sticking his tongue out at me.

15-Nov-17
Nick, they won't let you hunt there. I asked a long time ago and they would not entertain the thought. It's all landlocked anyway with roads and highways all the way around. There's state land on the other side of the road and up a bit that you can access from 691 and it's bow only.

15-Nov-17
some state land around Black Pond as well in the same general area. My wife used to work right next to that field, saw deer all the time.

15-Nov-17
Yea they don’t take kindly to trespassing on the RR. I don’t blame them, I’ve been to fatality scenes and they’re no fun. That and with the terrorist shit going on there’s no chance of legit access. On the way home again in the same field in Meriden I saw a buck chasing a doe. Man I want to hunt that field bad. Those deer probably have never been bothered by hunters.

15-Nov-17
Nick, what RR? I’ve probably been there

15-Nov-17
Amtrak. I’ve been around Windsor lately. Earlier today I was by Loomis Chaffee when I saw the buck in front of me.

16-Nov-17
I worked at Amtrak in Hamden a few times working on some flat cars.

16-Nov-17
The only thing I ever hunted at work was this tall brunette with legs that went right to her a _ _. Ahhhh, those were the days. And NO!! I didn't bag one every 16 years. :)

16-Nov-17
Had a 6 pointer hot on two does come through work at lunch. My boss said go get em. Found em got em heading in right direction. Ran to get the xbow. And they were gone.

16-Nov-17
Yea spike that’s one of our larger bases. Across the water in the back of there is LOADED with deer and turkey. But it’s really close to the dump so I’m skeptical about those deer.

16-Nov-17
Nick I did see a deer there and only been there twice.

17-Nov-17

17-Nov-17
Ace that’s a great video

10-Dec-17
Was working Thursday night in Windsor and saw what once was a 9 maybe 10pt depending on what you count, struck and killed in the tracks. He was a big boy! Grabbed his rack. Would’ve got the meat but one I’m not familiar yet with dressing or harvesting my meat plus no where to store it. Not to mention I was working lol. The train knocked off a couple points and looks like he had an older break from a fight. No pics because I’m not allowed to have my phone while working on the tracks sorry. Windsor has some nice freakin deer.

11-Dec-17
Hey Chas.... There was a VP in my old company that had his office full of mounts. His office looked like that guy's cube.

• Sitka Gear