dbl lung 15-Nov-17
skookumjt 15-Nov-17
RutnStrut 16-Nov-17
dbl lung 16-Nov-17
Mike F 16-Nov-17
South Farm 16-Nov-17
SteveD 16-Nov-17
15-Nov-17
I see that effective 12-1-17 Monroe county has been added to the two year baiting ban. Result of Vernon County deer harvest testing positive for CWD

15-Nov-17
Another stupid law. Anyone can kill a deer and have it tested. Then say the deer was killed in any county. Ban will be everywhere very soon.

15-Nov-17
We can only hope.

16-Nov-17
"Anyone can kill a deer and have it tested. Then say the deer was killed in any county. Ban will be everywhere very soon."

I agree. They should just stop delaying the inevitable and ban it statewide now.

16-Nov-17
Or stop testing for CWD as it really is doing nothing for the state of deer hunting. Which means spending the money on the tests is a waste.

CWD has chased more hunters away from the sport then any other (real) problem could. In a time when there is a lack of younger people coming into the sport I would think the state would want to bring some positive thinking to it. CWD has never been positive.

16-Nov-17
I got a call last night form a friend who was wondering if his 2 brothers would be able to get refunds because of the positive tests found in pen raised deer in Waupaca county.

Common sense would tell us that deer from positive farms should not be transported to any other farm and that farm should be depopulated and shut down. Someone with deep pockets must be filling the pockets in Madison.

I never thought there would come a day when the mighty whitetail deer would be brought down to the level that it has been because of some money hungry people......

16-Nov-17
Why not, instead of wasting money testing deer, take that money and test the affects of eating a deer that has CWD on humans. We already know deer get the damn disease, so why not focus on whether or not it will hurt the hunter that eats it?? (My own opinion is it doesn't, otherwise we'd already probably be dropping like flies).

16-Nov-17
End all the baiting/ feeding statewide period!

• Sitka Gear