Wachusett 15-Nov-17
bowandspear 15-Nov-17
Addicted 15-Nov-17
mrw 15-Nov-17
huntskifishcook 15-Nov-17
Will 15-Nov-17
Ungie01201 16-Nov-17
15-Nov-17
He’s on the ground!!! He went 25 yds after the shot and couldn’t get even stay on all fours. I’m in still in the tree giving him his peace. I’ll go and get him in about 20. He’s a four pointer. Decent size, but to me he may as well be an elk.

I’m so psyched it’s crazy!! Thank all of you for the positive feedback, the pointers, the flat out help (especially after I lost that doe on day two).

Thank you! Pics to come.

15-Nov-17
Congrats!!!! Happy for you.

15-Nov-17
Congrats nothing like a first buck :)

15-Nov-17
Great job. You popped your cherry. Pics please

15-Nov-17
SWEEEETTT !!!

15-Nov-17
Got it done. Congrats!!

15-Nov-17
Pics, and a long winded story. This is beer camp, I mean, deer camp after all!

Nice getting it done!~

15-Nov-17
Good for you Sosso ! Take a big bite out of the liver ! Or it doesn't count.

15-Nov-17
Congrats!

15-Nov-17
Nice!!!

15-Nov-17
Pics!!!

Congrats!

15-Nov-17
Awesome!

15-Nov-17
nice job

15-Nov-17
Nothing better than when they drop in sight especially with darkness coming. Congrats!

15-Nov-17
Love it! Congrats!!

15-Nov-17
Congrats!!! Way to get it done

15-Nov-17
Congrats way to go !!!

15-Nov-17
Congratulations man great job !!

15-Nov-17
congrats man.

15-Nov-17
Congratulations! That adrenaline rush you have is one reason I love bowhunting!

15-Nov-17
Congratulations!! cant wait to see some pics

15-Nov-17

Sosso's embedded Photo
Sosso's embedded Photo
Sosso's embedded Photo
Sosso's embedded Photo

15-Nov-17
Sosso, awesome. With that moment comes the illness called buck fever. It last a lifetime warn your employer and loved ones. Enjoy this moment. It's a respect thing from all of us who throw arrows for the challenge of it. Congrats...

15-Nov-17
Great job! Congrats.

15-Nov-17
congrats way to go !

15-Nov-17
What is better than your first buck with a bow, nuttin ! Well done Sosso !

15-Nov-17
Way to go Sosso!

15-Nov-17
It was about 3PM and based on the chasing I had seen on Friday and Saturday I knew to be on the lookout. I just happened to see this dude from about 60 yds or so in this small clearing between the trees. It looked like he was crossing the hallway.

I immediately went to bleat for him as I had hung up some drip pads around my stand with fresh doe pee (got the refrigerated stuff from Jerry’s).

Usually deer are slow to come in but this dude took about 10 minutes to close the distance. He was making a B line for that scent.

As he passed behind a tree about 30 yds our I pulled back. 10 more yds and unnoticed that my peep sight was twisted. I tried correcting it with my mouth but then I lost tension and abruptly relaxed the bow (I thought I was busted but he never noticed - I’m 22’ up as I am 6’2” 290 and do not blend in well. I have a leafy suit....I just end up looking ridiculous).

Anyhow, I pulled again, this time he was at 10-12 yds. I Made damn sure to bend at the waist, checked my level, and aimed low -per some VERY MUCH APPRECIATED advice from this community. All of the while I was screaming in my own head “Don’t peek!! Whatch the arrow all the way!! Hold your form!!!”

Then I pulled the trigger. The arrow hit ~3” higher than where I was aiming which put it directly above the right armpit too high for the heart but a double lung for sure!

He dropped and spun. I did some kind of nerve damatb cause his front legs were not working. He twisted and slammed into a log, spun around again and slid across the forest floor directly for my stand, hind legs driving. As he passed my stand his left leg (opposite the shot) started working and he starts this hobble and hen slams into the ground again. And disappear behind some pine saplings but never goes beyond them. All in all he covered maybe 25/35 yds.

I gave him some space for about 40 min before I attempted to recover him. I said a little prayer of thanks and again then got to business.

He is now comfortably laying in an ice sled in my garage (ice under, inside, and above). The guy I’m using to butcher asked me to bring him over tomorrow afternoon. So, deliciousness is on the way.

Thank you again so much, everyone. Hunting is certainly unforgiving trial and error, but the contributions and encouragement has made the difference. Thank you!

Happy hunting!!

15-Nov-17
that's grate stuff. never loose that excitement.

15-Nov-17
Awesome job first one with the bow is special.... actually all of them with the bow will be too... congratulations

15-Nov-17
Congrats man! You'll relive that day a million times, that's part of the fun.

15-Nov-17
Thanks for sharing the hunt story. Congrats.goid stuff

15-Nov-17
Awesome, congrats!

15-Nov-17
Thanks for taking us along, what a great day! Congrats, let's see what you do with your second buck tag!

15-Nov-17
Congrats!

15-Nov-17
Sosso!

AWESOME man! That's so freaking cool! Reading your posts were so great - I could feel the absolute raw excitement you experienced. Amazing to go through that with hunting. It's a lot of magnitude taking a deer's life, and the emotions are big.

Thanks for bringing us with you so to speak. Very much appreciate hearing the story! Congratulations!!! Will

16-Nov-17
fantastic! Congrats!

• Sitka Gear