Contributors to this thread:
tommyyboyy05 15-Nov-17
Aushegun 15-Nov-17
Franklin 15-Nov-17
skookumjt 15-Nov-17
15-Nov-17

tommyyboyy05's embedded Photo
tommyyboyy05's embedded Photo
This has been bugging me most of the season and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. I hunt Adams county forest zone (private). I bought my archery tag and just like last year I couldn't get a free antlerless tag for that county/zone, which I'm fine with because I know the deer pop wasn't the greatest. So I just buy a bonus antlerless tag which the DNR limits and sets a number to be bought by the public. Now my only issue is that this year, the number of BONUS tags that you can buy has skyrocketed to 8550 tags (for private) and is the MOST out of any county available. Why would the DNR not just give out a free antlerless tag with your license instead of making you buy a bonus tag? Or is it solely based on the fact they will get more money...

15-Nov-17
You answered you own question with your final sentence.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

15-Nov-17
Dang it....someone noticed...lol

15-Nov-17
Possibly they are trying to limit the antlerless harvest to private land. Several counties are facing low deer numbers on public land due to heavy hunting pressure but have much higher deer numbers in areas that are primarily private.

The meetings to set harvest goals are public. If you yad attended you would know what their thought process was. You may also be able to find out by reading the minutes.

• Sitka Gear