WhitetailStalker 15-Nov-17
Jimbo 16-Nov-17
scout 16-Nov-17
GED 16-Nov-17
Belchertown Bowman 16-Nov-17
Catch22 16-Nov-17
Belchertown Bowman 16-Nov-17
15-Nov-17
anyone have these on their climbers? simple webbing straps connect to bottom on your last rung or there about,then to the top out front so they are like a forward slash or diagonal.made a pair myself out of 1" webbing, with sewn loop,pull it through on bottom section,then attach with plastic adjustable buckle for top section. they work great!!! holds your seat down,no movement when standing. saw it on youtube.

15-Nov-17
Is this for a summit viper? End result I assume is what third hand archery sells? Do you feel this mod is essential? Reason I ask is I'm buying a viper sd soon so should I just plan on this? I've never used or owned a climber before. Thanks.

15-Nov-17
I have them all my climbers after I discovered them. Yes they work well on the viper and are a must IMO.

15-Nov-17
they make your stand solid. the top slips sometimes,(when standing) which is pretty unnerving!!! these eliminate that. only been using a climber for 2nd season,as proline said, they are a must.safety&piece of mind!

15-Nov-17
Just looked it up. Pretty neat idea. I just wrap a bungee cord around the tree and attach it to the top part of the stand. Never had it fail, also doubles as a way to keep the seat out of the way while climbing. I just fold the seat up and wrap it the width of the top part of the stand right in between my self and the seat. Then when at height I inwrap it from the top and attach the stand to the tree. Hard to explain but I will post pics tomorrow.

15-Nov-17
I've heard of these, but I'm not entirely sure how the physics work. I get how downward pressure on the seat portion of the stand will keep it stabilized, but how can upward pressure on the platform keep it stable?

15-Nov-17
your weight is always on bottom,so upward pressure is nullified i believe.

15-Nov-17
Isn't this the same thing lone wolf uses on their climbers? If so, it definitely works. My climber is as solid as a hang on as long as you are in a good tree

16-Nov-17
Yep... stavilizer straps will make your stand rock solid. They also tether the two sections together while climbing up or down the tree, so if the bottom section were to slip, it won't go far... allowing you to recover it and continue climbing. Of course, you have to have the strap length adjusted properly for climbing. If you make it too loose and the bottom section slips, it could fall too far, making it harder to recover.

16-Nov-17
I use these on my Summit OpenShot... Definitely add stability and confidence compared to my API Grand Slam which does not have them.... I am thinking of asking for a second pair for Xmas... They also can be used to help attach the top to the bottom of the stand when hiking in... although I still use bungees for that too

16-Nov-17
Lone wolf has us d thto we for years. They sell direct and they work for any stand.

16-Nov-17
So here is what these are for I think?,.. my buddy was standing in his climber and he leaned against his top rail seat section. Because there was no downward weight on the top section (securing it to the tree) it just moved and he nearly shit his pants as he almost took a header off the stand. When you use these straps to tighten the top section to the bottom it makes them both bit into the tree.

I suspect you could make one quite easily? Take a tie down and test in your yard?

16-Nov-17
I am definitely adding these to my climber. Last weekend the bottom section of my climber slipped off the tree. While I did have the safety connecting strap attached, there was no way I was going to pull up the bottom section. Luckily my son who was already on the ground cam running over and put the base back up to where I could stand on it. I was going to attach two more straps , but after looking at videos after reading this post confirmed how I will do it. Just have to buy some straps. Going to add them to both our climbers for sure

16-Nov-17

Belchertown Bowman's Link
I noticed the new lone wolf stands come with these when you buy the stand. Scroll down and hover over the stabilizer straps part for a description.

http://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/shop/Products/Wide-Sit-and-Climb-Combo-II__WSCC-spc-II.aspx

• Sitka Gear