Public Land County Advice Archery
Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Prime32 15-Nov-17
Drop Tine 15-Nov-17
RutnStrut 15-Nov-17
Jeff in MN 16-Nov-17
15-Nov-17
I am from Michigan and looking to plan an out of state whitetail archery hunt for next year (2018). Wisconsin seems like a great state to put in the work to have success. I follow QDM and am wondering if there are public land opportunities to encounter a mature whitetail. I am looking to do early season scouting, turkey hunting and trail caming an area and was hoping to get some advice on which counties to consider. Any advice on public hunting pressure in the Kickapoo Valley Reserve? Should I focus more on the public land in northern Wisconsin? I am willing to potentially lease property as well, but I love the ability to explore public land. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

15-Nov-17
North of Hwy. 64 there is tons of public land. More than you can explore in a lifetime. It can be even overwhelming as far as where to start. The southern 1/2 of the state will be hard to get away from pressure on public land but it is possible. It used to be easier but with the internet and several apps all the public land is at your finger tips. I say throw a dart and where it hits is where you start.

Have fun.

15-Nov-17
There is no public land managed for quality. For that matter there is no public land managed for anything in this state. There is great public land all over the state with great bucks. You just have to be willing to put in the work that others aren't.

16-Nov-17
Prime32, I sent you a private message. Look for a little indicator under where it says 'Bowsite' at the top of this screen.

• Sitka Gear