MichaelArnette 29-Nov-17
Bow hunter 02-Dec-17
Skippy 05-Dec-17
Bow hunter 10-Dec-17
MichaelArnette 10-Dec-17
Quailhunter 10-Dec-17
Bow hunter 11-Dec-17
16-Nov-17
Hey guys im tagged out in kansas and was wanting to do some hog hunting. Where's a good place to find hogs on public land in oklahoma?

16-Nov-17
Almost all the PL's are over ran with hogs. How far you want to travel?jeff

16-Nov-17
Right on the Arkansas river just over the state line. It’s full of them

17-Nov-17
tough during the day. Most are really nocturnal. one of the guys that works for me just shot two during the day, and has never seen them before. Another guy I work with is a hog fiend. 95% of them that he has shot(over 60 this year) have been at night. Rifle kills, but has night vision as well. I have never seen one in daylight hours on OK public land. Don't want to keep you from doing it, based on what I have seen, the odds are pretty low.

19-Nov-17
Well it gives me somewhere to start. Baiting is illegal on public land but what about lights at night or night vision? Not opposed to driving further for better hunting

19-Nov-17
Ok well i read up and can't hunt at night without private land and a permit. Without baiting or being able to hunt at night would spot and stalk be my best bet?

21-Nov-17
Spot and stalk is your best bet in daylight hours. Put the wind in your face and look in the heavy brush, go slow they blend in well. It's a blast to get close and arrow them. I have killed many on my place like that

21-Nov-17
I have seen quite a few hogs at Canton Lake WMA during daylight hours (mornings and evenings mostly) while I was out deer hunting there a couple years ago.

26-Nov-17
Several years ago there were a lot of hogs in Camp Gruber along Hill Top road.

27-Nov-17
Anything that is bow only is going to be overrun...problem is most activity is at night

28-Nov-17
Is it legal to take them at night with a bow?

29-Nov-17
Nope not on public

29-Nov-17
...also public land requires to follow same regulations as deer hunting and seasons open in the area

02-Dec-17
Any of you guys familiar with the Oologah lake area in NE OKLAHOMA? Was curious if there were still some hogs running around there.

05-Dec-17
Don'y know for sure about Oologah but if they had hogs they will still be around.

10-Dec-17
I believe you're right Skippy, only took me about 30 minutes to find hog sign. Lol

10-Dec-17
Yes oolagah has quite a few hogs especially on the north side

10-Dec-17
I talked to a guy that saw a bunch up on the north side near Big Creek. I hunted up there by boat 12 years ago. Never saw them but saw sign. Along the river... They’re everywhere now and a nightmare.

11-Dec-17
Yea I'm finding sign all over the place on the North and East sides of the lake they're going to be problem before too long.

• Sitka Gear