Jebediah 17-Nov-17
Jebediah 17-Nov-17
Addicted 17-Nov-17
badjuju 17-Nov-17
mrw 17-Nov-17
Jebediah 17-Nov-17
Fran 17-Nov-17
16-Nov-17
I was sitting in the tree swaying back and forth pretty hard a couple weeks ago, and it got me wondering if anyone has actually had their tree blow down while they are in it? Or had a nearby tree fall against their tree? A couple of years ago I had a huge tree fall over not 20 yards away and I can still feel the vibrations created when it crashed to the ground. I try to climb only healthy sturdy trees but it's always in the back of my mind. What say you?

16-Nov-17
Will tell you tomorrow. Thinking of an afternoon hunt and it is gonna blow pretty good :)

17-Nov-17
I just don't have much of a taste for adventure these days. Windy? I'm on the ground.

17-Nov-17
Bunker. Everybody goes upwards for concealment--why not downwards? I guess scent mitigation is a factor--up in a tree may control scent better than down in a hole. Regardless, it's interesting to think about. I may dig myself a hunting trench.

17-Nov-17
Last Friday was windy as heck and had a branch from above fall down directly in front of my face while sitting in the stand. A few inches and its on my head. Instantly pcked my stuff up and climbed down, lol.

17-Nov-17
I always look up into the tree before I climb it. check for branches and critters. but no, I have never had a tree fall while in the woods. heard / seen big branches fall though. that's scary enough.

17-Nov-17
Not while I was hunting it, but 4 feet from a red oak I have a stand in another big red oak went down. Ripped off a few screw in steps. I'm sure it would have scraped me off the tree if I was in it!

Jeb, I like the hole idea. Let us know how that works out. I suspect it makes it harder to see very far . . .

17-Nov-17
We'll see, I guess. Still digging. These tree roots are killing me.

17-Nov-17
Windy days do make you think about it. I worry about the surrounding trees more than the one I am in. Would suck to have a big one drop on you while your tethered 25' up a tree and they both came crashing down! Kinda poetic justice to get taken out that way. (LOL)

• Sitka Gear