PublicLandHunter 17-Nov-17
PublicLandHunter 17-Nov-17
Moons22 17-Nov-17
17-Nov-17
Isn't anyone else out?

17-Nov-17
Yep out in z10 all is quiet so far

17-Nov-17
Anyhow, nice morning here in SW Z11. Enough breeze to let you get away with some movement. I have until 8, then relocate to Z0. Good luck tree surfers.!

17-Nov-17
I will be out sometime after lunch

17-Nov-17
I'm out as well. Nothing so far. Nice one on cam hitting a scrape 45 min before I got here.

17-Nov-17
Too windy no way I'm climbing a tree today. So, on the ground, nothing to report.

17-Nov-17
the wind is terrible in the Berkshires today. I plan on getting out tomorrow am.

17-Nov-17
Heading out later 2:30 , good luck

17-Nov-17
Zone 0. Good luck everyone. Back at it tomorrow.

17-Nov-17
reading this from the comfort of my kitchen. no way I'm heading into a tree today. I will be moving my climber later this afternoon and setting it up for tomorrow though. be safe out there!

17-Nov-17

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
Back out, up 30' in Zone 0 . . . Not so windy here. Good luck boys and girls!

It looks windy out there!

17-Nov-17
Zone 0. I'm plotting an escape.

GL out there.

17-Nov-17
Went out for 2 hours this morning and got motion sick from the swaying tree. Did not see any deer, either.

17-Nov-17
Out all morning , nice breeze . Jumped a few on the way out . Little one hooted like a crow at me while Stomping away. I was walking a different path out and staying down wind. All good , found some new trees to move to. New paths through the thick of it too. Learning the woods.

17-Nov-17
Good luck everyone. I'll be out tomorrow. Work got me today.

17-Nov-17
Taking the pup out for birds soon then deer in the morning.

17-Nov-17
Going to try at 230. But wind seems bad

17-Nov-17
Wow I love deer hunting. My buddies dad shot a real nice buck last night. Went over to help them track. Shoulder shot so we weren't quite sure what we were going to find for blood and stuff. Plus a heavy downpour came through 45 mins after he shot it. We were able to find very small specs of blood and could see where he ran through the woods. We saw the lumenok glowing through the woods, and found the buck!!

I went out this am to a farm I got permission on in z9. First ever sit over there. Scouted it yesterday and brought the climber in and set that up in the rain. Nice spot, lots of sign. 4 deer standing in the corn when I pulled in. Bumped at least 2 more walking in. At first light I heard something behind me (straight down wind, please don't come in that way!!!). It's a deer. He's getting closer... He's limping... He's a giant!!! Now he's standing at 40 yards with no shot. He stood there for a LONG 15 mins. Sniffing. Sniffing. And more sniffing. He bangs a 180 and trots off the same way he came in. Shit!! Grunt at him he turns and stops. Then turns and limps off...

Now I sit back down. 10 mins later I look up and there's a deer. 40 yards and closing. I told myself I wasn't shooting anymore small bucks, but as he stood there broadside, my mind changed. Drew back and shot him. He is now hanging in my buddies garage with 2 other deer. I'm happy as a pig in shit. God I love this sport. Good luck to all u guys!!

17-Nov-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Buddies dads deer

17-Nov-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
My deer

17-Nov-17
Nice job moons

17-Nov-17
Nice job. Wish I could at least see a gd deer trying again in z8 tonight. Wish it was gun season. Better odds for me

17-Nov-17
Bh7,I’m in zone eight also I feel your pain however I have seen four deer this year in the woods and was able to take a shot at one of them . this part of Massachusetts you really need to be able to sit Multiple times on active sites Also I believe the deer population is smaller in this part of the state I’m in northern zone 8 and I also realize that there are a lot more predators it seems like around here I think the deer are a lot more wary

17-Nov-17
Bh7,I’m in zone eight also I feel your pain however I have seen four deer this year in the woods and was able to take a shot at one of them . this part of Massachusetts you really need to be able to sit Multiple times on active sites Also I believe the deer population is smaller in this part of the state I’m in northern zone 8 and I also realize that there are a lot more predators it seems like around here I think the deer are a lot more wary

17-Nov-17
Tons of coyote in z8 north and the deer seem very scattered, there are two seperate packs of 4-5 +in the area I’m in and I think they constantly stalk the deer .........so they are not in the same spot very long

17-Nov-17
Saw three doe 80yrds away this morning. About to head out now. It's great seeing deer, but I can't eat a sighting. It's time to end the season with full tags.

17-Nov-17
I’m in oxford pretty dead

17-Nov-17
Awesome moons. With the wind im on a ground hu t in Sterling... ok sign... but swirly wind. Scoutlook you lie!!! :)

17-Nov-17
Nice job moons! Congrats to you both!

17-Nov-17
Burrr it’s cold

17-Nov-17
moooooooonnnnnnsssssss!! Congrats. those first sit hunts can be the best.

17-Nov-17
Way to get 'er done Moons.

17-Nov-17
I have hunted 22 times and have seen only 6 deer. Scent free as I can be. Warm weather has bumped rut back. Moving early and late. Shot a nice doe and an 8pt basket rackI Zone 11 . Years past scent worked well on opening day! Not this year. Congrats to all that have been successful ! For those who have yet to connect, relax and enjoy your time hunting. The brown ghost will appear . Take a kill shot or pass. Every year is different, hunt the fresh sign and you will connect!

17-Nov-17
I have hunted 22 times and have seen only 6 deer. Scent free as I can be. Warm weather has bumped rut back. Moving early and late. Shot a nice doe and an 8pt basket rackI Zone 11 . Years past scent worked well on opening day! Not this year. Congrats to all that have been successful ! For those who have yet to connect, relax and enjoy your time hunting. The brown ghost will appear . Take a kill shot or pass. Every year is different, hunt the fresh sign and you will connect!

17-Nov-17
Sign??? That’s obsolete

17-Nov-17
Good lord Moons you must go to church ALOT lol. Congrats

17-Nov-17
PublicLandHunter about "can't eat sightings"--years ago I heard a story about an older brother who always said "you can't eat sign" to his younger brother. So the younger brother one day gets himself some raisins or some black jelly beans and puts them in a pile in the woods. Then he points it out to older brother who says "you can't eat sign." So the kid picks up the pile and eats it.

17-Nov-17
Lol

17-Nov-17
Lol

17-Nov-17
Went to an old spot i used hunt years ago and did a hang and hunt. Bumped 3 does walking in and had 2 basket racks go by at 15 yards. One was an 8 and one a six. When i was packing up it sounded like they might have been pushing a doe around not a bad night for a random no scout hang and hunt

17-Nov-17
Congratulations moons!!

17-Nov-17

Auggie 's embedded Photo
Auggie 's embedded Photo
Auggie 's embedded Photo
Auggie 's embedded Photo
Heck of a job Moons! Pi often talks about the quirkiness of the south eastern part of Z11..seems like most of you saw a lot of movement last week. Well this is our week apparently. I had the pleasure of working all week, so we put my Uncle in my stand. Saw a mature buck cruising at 11am Wednesday and then another good buck run across the corn field right at sunset. Today my dad hunted the afternoon in a ground blind in a small grass field. 5 minutes after sunset he had the biggest buck on the property come out chasing a huge doe and running a smaller buck out of the field. This is a deer we never thought we would ever see. We are thinking he is 7.5-8.5 years old. Nice to see they are still out and running around in day light!

17-Nov-17
Great job Moons. Auggie, that's a nice deer! Let's see you or your dad pose in a picture with him!

17-Nov-17
Great job Moons! Thanks Auggie for the inspiration! I saw Zippo tonight sitting outside bedding.

17-Nov-17
Jeb, that's funny. I've seen about 10 deer since getting my buck with no luck. If this keeps up, I might give their sign a taste.

17-Nov-17
If work would stop interfering with my morning hunts, I might tag out.

17-Nov-17
Thank you!! Go get em fellas.

• Sitka Gear