bowandspear 17-Nov-17
WhitetailStalker 17-Nov-17
mrw 17-Nov-17
bowandspear 17-Nov-17
WhitetailStalker 17-Nov-17
17-Nov-17

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
So our buddy BowandSpear's in-laws live around the corner from me. Great patch of woods behind their house, but he's not allowed to hunt there. Another buddy of mine hunts a couple houses over and whacks this guy. I don't know who's worse; the in-laws for nor letting him hunt it, my other buddy who shot the buck, or me for pointing it out!

17-Nov-17
In-laws won’t let him hunt!!! That’s cause for divorce papers right there, lol.

17-Nov-17
Phhhhhhhh I love it! I am stoked for him!!!!

17-Nov-17
I'd sign the papers right then and there.. no need for the inlaws to be like that..! Great buck!

17-Nov-17
Great buck wow

17-Nov-17
Right?!? Anti-hunting libs. But they have no problem asking for some venison when a guest at the house that likes it. Right?!? My life ain't easy... Yes their daughter was so hot and a sweetheart I had to marry her :) THE STRUGGLE IS REAL !

Someday when they pass and I inherit it I am building a deer hang and replacing the rainbow buddist monk prayer flags with a Don't Tread On ME flag before ever moving in!

17-Nov-17
Next time they ask for venison give them a freezer burned piece. Lol

17-Nov-17
That sucks , buddy, but good for you being so progressive! Lol. I'm in the same boat, in-laws have 2 big bears that are frequent visitors to the backyard. Me " May be I should hang a stand back there? " in-laws " Your not killing our bears! " Me" These things aren't Yoogie and his buddy! " We have the same conversation every year. My son plays in a sandbox 10 yards from the edge of the woods! I will never understand them.

17-Nov-17
What's almost as bad is that another guy on here (I won't mention who unless he wants to) was after that same deer about 1.5 miles away. That's tough!

17-Nov-17
Totally the in-laws!! Nope.

Then again, my wife is way against hunting...but she loves venison. But doesn't want me killing deer, but, then my father in-law comes around and he loves deer. "Get any yet this season? When we having steaks?! The Venison in the blueberry wine you made was amazing! Next time I come I hope there's some bambi on the table."

Suddenly, my wife, although still not a hunting fan, has no problem with me hunting. Whatever woman.

I totally blame the in-laws. I would cook them a nice piece of venison. Then see how they like it, they may change their minds.

Unrelated, a blueberry wine reduction is perfect for venison. Nashoba Winery has the wine and it goes together perfect. There's a doe out there with my name on it, and she will be bathed in that stuff.

Boo on the in-laws. Freaking hippies.

17-Nov-17
You just had to let the world know didn't you mrw?!? just kidding. Day late and a dollar short on that guy. Had I chose the right stand on Halloween, I would have had a ship shot but thats how it goes. Don't tell your buddy, but a nice 8 and a big 9 showed up over the past two days, so i think ill be ok for a little while.

17-Nov-17
As a card carrying earthy crunchy hippie (remember my birkenstocks) who's kids Buddhist prayer flags adorn our entry way's flower pots (next to US flags), I feel for you B&S. My "people" can be odd at times... Then again, many love the idea of eating free range organic food, which is lucky for me, because I sustain awesome land access in a few spots that way :)

Inlaws are brutal. Many of us will be them some day... I'm going to hope I can trust in my kids that they pick good people for spouses :) ha ha ha!

Congrats to your buddies buck MRW and B&S. He's a heck of a stud! Congrats for sure!

Sosso, we dont drink, so I dont have wine around... but that sounds awesome. Nashoba winery is close by, Ill have to shoot over and get some to try that!

17-Nov-17
So the in laws aren't complaining about the deer eating their plants? If they are so liberal, wait unail they start growing their own weed and the deer eat it on them. Then they might change their minds about hunting. Keep at it and best of luck.

17-Nov-17
OMG I forgot about weed growing. Next year could be good!

...I meant good in terms of people giving hunters access who usually wouldn't do it. I didn't mean for smoking weed.

17-Nov-17
Well , If I had in-laws like that they wouldn't find out and if they did ... well , someone has to be on the sh*t end of the deal and it may as well be them now and again. Cause, you know eventually it will be my turn ... Their in-laws . What are they really going to do ?

This puts a new spin on wife shopping . " looking for any woman with good land access " When the deer are gone ... so am I.

Wow , I went about it all wrong.

17-Nov-17
WhitetailStalker, I've seen the 8 & 9 cruising through my place too! Not during daylight though. Have you got that weird spike on your cam's?

17-Nov-17
Ha ha Whitestalker that's exactly what I'm thinking lol im thinking the hero pic I got texted to me this morning was an.... "i know you're only here to drag but can you just step in and hold his head up while a get a pic,, ahhh, perfect" lmao

Will I love ya man, (tropic thunder) "what do you mean, you people" is first thing that came to mind after reading that. I'm crying here... Trust me we are on the same path if you saw my lifestyle, I just don't bite on subscribing to any political party.

Sosso x2! I make a mean backstrap with port and wild blackberry reduction. The Best! Now back to trying to get some backstraps....

Don't show my in laws this thread, they just bought a place in Canada in fear Trump may declare himself emperor.... But it's going to backfire because I'm going to shoot a moose from there lol .

Oh.... "My people" you made my day !

17-Nov-17
MRW, I bet some poor dude trued to walk into his honey hole yesterday and said "where did all my fn night eyes go?"

17-Nov-17
Mrw, did you get a picture of a tall 8 this morning? I wouldn't be surprised because he went by my stand that I had set up on the south end (for the buck your buddy shot) at 415. He came from your direction.

17-Nov-17
I'll check tomorrow right before the rain, unless I see him in person! He didn't show on the wireless camera. When I get home I'll look, I thought that real tall one was the 9, but that camera is real fuzzy - POS.

BTW, I'm having a sale on slightly used night eyes. PM me if you need some!

17-Nov-17
Phhhhhhhh

17-Nov-17
I have pics of a symmetric 8 out to his ears with decent G2 and G3, nothing crazy, and a tall 9 with 5 on right side. The 9 doesn't have long tones, but his mains go upward instead of outward making it look tall.

No need for night eyes when you have night vision...

• Sitka Gear