archery12 17-Nov-17
bowandspear 17-Nov-17
bigcountry 17-Nov-17
Pi 17-Nov-17
Proline 17-Nov-17
Pi 17-Nov-17
Proline 19-Nov-17
17-Nov-17
As im walking to my stand at three o'clock yesterday afternoon (late i know) I turn the corner where I can see my stand what else but 6 white tails running away from me..... I quietly get into my stand thanks to the wet leaves and they are all only 60 yards out! They started to work their way back in and were feeding at 45-55 yards for the last two hours of daylight! unfortunately not one came in close enough for a shot but man was it cool watching them interact with eachother for 2 hours. My question is do you guys think that stand may be compromised now? they 100% knew i was there and blew at me a couple times but never ran off until they worked they way through the food on the ground. Thanks for any input guys!

17-Nov-17
I would be where the does are

17-Nov-17
stick it out...they knew something was there but they obviously didn't wind you and nail you completely....It they are hanging for 2 hrs, your good. And yes....this time of year....a buck or two would be close and on the downwind side most likely....

17-Nov-17
Get in there early and find out . Walk as if your hunting. Stop and look . If you slip in without getting busted your probably good to go . If they stay off at that distance then you may want to consider getting in early the next time also and take cover on the ground or in a climber down wind by another 30 yards from their feeding spot.

17-Nov-17
I be had watch me walk in in the morning climb my tree set up and sit down and they come right to my tree, mill around, smell my treesteps. They know I won't shoot them I guess. As a general rule I don't like them to see me but.....there are other deer in the woods that didn't see you.

17-Nov-17
Proline , you are a deer charmer. I wish they trusted me like that. Hard to shoot the ones that cozy up to us . Best to stay strangers or pick the grumpy ones.

I had a doe that I educated early in her life. She always looked up and found me in that area ,while none others did. She knew I wasn't after her I think and would just lower her head and move past.

19-Nov-17
Dam, I gotta stop posting with my phone my darn eyes are so bad I can't see what I'm typing. Pretty embarrassing to reread my posts!

• Sitka Gear