bowandspear 20-Nov-17
WhitetailStalker 20-Nov-17
Pi 20-Nov-17
WhitetailStalker 20-Nov-17
Will 20-Nov-17
mrw 20-Nov-17
WhitetailStalker 21-Nov-17
19-Nov-17
Over the last three nights, I have had three different bucks come throughout camera at a scrape, two 8's and a 10. Another camera caught a small buck chasing does. As I left the woods tonight here was a small 8 with 5 does in the field. Driving home there was a buck that chased a doe almost into my driver side door. Rut may be weird this year but right now has some action. I'm hunting in zone 11

19-Nov-17
At the request of one of the most knowledgable contributors to this site, i am going to add some more detail. My location in zone 11 is in the southwest area. Since mid October I started to see scrapes pop up all over the property. I've had a steady increase of scrapes over the past two weeks that have continued to be hit on a regular basis. As far as on stand activity, I have seen almost exclusively bucks, only saw does one sit even though over the summer I was getting pictures of the same groups of does almost daily. Since late October I have had a total of 6 different large bucks hit the scrapes on my property with 3 of them coming in the last 4 days. The most recent bucks have all come at night/early morning. Yesterday was the first time i saw/caught chasing activity on my camera including seeing another buck with does in the field. Every picture I have of a big deer has been alone and no does went by before or after the bucks.

20-Nov-17
I think I am in your general area too (sent you a PM) , weird season. Last Sat was the first chasing I have seen visually in stand in afternoon, and trail cam pulled sat has some chasing on it finally from frid and sat morning. All cam activity was during daylight, but no sign of the big guys I was getting earlier. I just have to put my butt in the right spot at the right time. Thanks for the update

20-Nov-17
I’m in z-11 and have a few buck around and saw two newer scrapes (within a week old) but other than that not much rut activity that I can see. Bucks were still hanging together and didn’t seem to be on any mission anywhere.

20-Nov-17
I saw a fork horn cruising Saturday morning then a doe come by half and hour later with nothing in tow. Sat afternoon I had a doe come in with no bick behind her either. Same rut stand I have been hunting since nov 1. Went to a couple of my other stands during the rain on Sunday and one of them was torn up. Must have been 30 scrapes within a 100 yd area. No trail camera there but I know the scrapes were recent as there were no leaves in any of them. It is still going on I just think you have to be in the right place at the right time. Find that hot doe and all hell os going to break loose

20-Nov-17
I will ad I have zero new scrapes or rubs noticed since Oct. But deer

20-Nov-17
Ran out for a quick field edge micro hunt tonight. Saw one day and heard another in the woods line a couple min after legal shooting time ended. Checked the camera where I had the bucks last week and the scrape hasn't been hit since friday. Going to be sitting all day tomorrow so we will see.

20-Nov-17
DFA agreed. It moves around. You have to look for new sign and get up a tree. Tonight I just knew I would see the three deer that have been dropping turds close to my climber, relocation. There is a scrape but it is not being touched.

Sure as the sh*t they chased under me at 15 yards but through thick cover and fast. The third deer , a doe was on the other side and walking without a follower. The big girl is ready and has been hanging out waiting for about a week or so. I saw them a few days ago but have been seeing the turd markers for a week at least. The buck is the same one I walked up on across the field/ marsh , earlier in the season. He has changed his staging spot from northwest to southeast but overlooks the same open area.

Find the doe that is getting hot and be there when he moves on her. Agreed.

20-Nov-17
I agree as well. My plan tomorrow is to sit a new tree until around 1 then get down and move to a different stand for the afternoon. The morning sit will be where the does were using last week and is only 100 yards or so north of where I was sitting last week. The afternoon sit will be the second sit in a stand I threw up a couple weeks ago. First time i sat it had a buck that I had previously passed on come grunting through. The trick will be getting to the stand without bumping the doe that frequently beds in the area. I have now sat 7 different spots on this piece so far this year. Trying to stay mobile and not get sucked into buck sign or stands that stopped producing.

20-Nov-17
Very cool to have all that action OP! Nice!

20-Nov-17
Get one of those swamp monsters. I'll help you drag him out. Or use a cart...

21-Nov-17
I don't know what it was about the 18th but I checked the camera by my west stand on my way in today and there was a big 9 with an hour and a half left of shooting time walking through. I was in my east stand...again....

• Sitka Gear