Trapper 22-Nov-17
Live2hunt 22-Nov-17
Drop Tine 22-Nov-17
Razwick 22-Nov-17
ground hunter 22-Nov-17
deerslayer 22-Nov-17
Per48R 22-Nov-17
19-Nov-17
How does one go about getting into their groundblind's without letting every critter in the woods know , I'm here by unzipping and zipping it back up . Any suggestions are welcome . I do have great success out of a blind but I know some deer have to hear it .

19-Nov-17
Great question.

19-Nov-17
When I was younger and more flexible, I'd leave a window open and go in out that way. Now I just zip/unzip real slow.

19-Nov-17
I have prayed vegetable oil on the zipper...it dampens the noise some and opens & closes easily.

19-Nov-17
Get a bar of unscented soap and work over the entire zipper. It won't be silent, but it will quiet it down. Now, velcro is another story.

19-Nov-17
Dry triflow with the blue label.

19-Nov-17
Double Bull blinds, no zippers!

19-Nov-17
DT, you must not be talking about the original Double Bulls. The T2 and T5 both have zippers. T2 zipper was in the middle of one wall and T5 in the corner. If you're talking about the other/newer ones, some you may be able to climb in a window since it runs the entire width of a side. These can't hold a candle to the originals, however, for all around quality.

19-Nov-17
At night don`t zip it up....leave it open...crawl in and zip close. Only unzip enough to get in and out.

19-Nov-17
My Double Bill deluxe models do not have zippers in the doors and are built very sturdy. By far they have the thickest rods and heavy duty hubs compared to other brands that I have.

19-Nov-17
My DB Matrix has an entry zipper. But, c'mon, if deer are that close they can hear you slowly open a lubricated zipper...you must walk in "really, really" quiet.

19-Nov-17
As quiet as a mouse fart .

20-Nov-17
When I zip to door I grab the zipper with my thumb and index finger and pull down with a slow steady pull. If you wear a glove it will muffle the sound. If the door is stretched tight use the other hand to pull the door flap together for easier zipping. Using lubes on the zipper will only attract dirt and create problems later. When you purchase a ground blind look for one that has the large zipper teeth, these are generally quieter.

20-Nov-17
Beeswax on the zipper. Hold the body not the tab. Go slow.

20-Nov-17
I usually take the tension off of the zipper by pushing in on a hub a little. This helps keep the zipper noise to a minimum.

20-Nov-17
Saturday morning I walked in and poured doe urine on mine, deadly silent, not really I walked in and tripped on a guy line I forgot I tied to a downed limb

20-Nov-17
silicone string wax and what SK said

20-Nov-17
I don't stake mine down, just tip it over and then upright

20-Nov-17
"not really I walked in and tripped on a guy line I forgot I tied to a downed limb" Wow we are have a similar season. I did the same thing yesterday morning. You'd think we would deserve a deer or two;)

22-Nov-17
I have trouble with deer staring at my blind before I am ready to shoot, with lots of missed opportunities, even when I cover them with pine boughs and place them under dead falls. Is there a way to make them more invisible, and have others had the same problem? I still prefer hunting from trees, but am getting old and don't like climbing with the heavy clothes that you need later in the season. Advice?

22-Nov-17
They need to make a blind out of that mirror material. Hey, I could make millions!!!

22-Nov-17
L2H, ghost binds already beat you to it.

Sheldon, sit back in the blind and wear dark/black clothing. During the pre rut and rut a decoy is a great distraction from the blind and when not hunting. Just place the decoy in the blind and you don’t have to carry it back and forth.

22-Nov-17
Drop Tine, Wouldn't the buck have to stick his head in the window to see the decoy then? LOL

22-Nov-17
No DT, I'm talking a pop-up type dome blind like a tent, not one that just stands around you or in front of you.

22-Nov-17
You figure it out and I’ll be a tester for you. I have hunted exclusively from from ground blinds this fall.

22-Nov-17
With all things zipper and Velcro I tend to modify them to have a magnet latch if possible... Just need to hold it closed... I also have added little mirrors to see out the back side from time to time...

22-Nov-17
Here is an idea,,,,, you can buy, at the local drapery store, round curtain magnets, they are for using to keep your curtains open,,,, they will easily keep your blind door closed, and you can simply and quietly, open and close your door

22-Nov-17
The doe that I shot this bow season, that was part of a group of 4 does and 2 fawns, came in 5 mins after I had zipped by Barronett blind and settled in. I didn't brush it in at all and they didn't seem nervous until the doe ran off and tipped over. First deer out of a blind for me. Next day I sat and had 4 or 5 does within a few yards and one stuck her nose in the window and didn't spook at all. Maybe the deer by me are stupid?

22-Nov-17
you could attach some of that bungee and ball stuff they use for binding up items. That would be quiet. Not sure how many of those you would need to make a good seal on the doorway.....

• Sitka Gear