Jeff in MN 21-Nov-17
ground hunter 21-Nov-17
19-Nov-17

19-Nov-17

19-Nov-17
Go to Mondovi Conservation club on FB

19-Nov-17

19-Nov-17
My email and password keep showing up when I try to give you hunters a post of this, so I delete it. An albino was shot. The only brown was on the head. There is nothing from the hunter, but the deer was confiscated. I would not have shot it.

19-Nov-17
question,,,, if there was brown on it, is that not legal?

20-Nov-17

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo

20-Nov-17
Cool buck. I actually feel bad for the hunter. I thought any brown aside from the tarsal glands made it a legal buck. I would have shot it myself thinking it was a legal piebald.

20-Nov-17
Crusader, I agree,,,,, and its another stupid law,,,,,, what is the big deal of a white deer....

actually do you want those genetics out there, I say shoot em

20-Nov-17
This is a law that should have been changed long ago. There is no biological basis for protection of an animal with albinism or any other phenotype. It's silly for people to want to because they are "cute".

Once again, the Legislature refuses to make decisions based on science and bows to social whims.

20-Nov-17
I would have bought that hunter a can of Brown hair dye for a few spots. I too would have assumed legally piebald having Brown on its head. Last year I took a antlerless buck 1.5 yr old that had white hooves. Like ivory white. Was real easy to see him waking in the cedars. Just mention as that post is saying albino wound have brown when white is possible

20-Nov-17
Albino is defined by as a genetic disorder...the eyes and skin coloration NOT HAIR is what defines a Albino. Is this a dumb law...yes. Not sure what the DNR is aiming for...MORE Albinos in a herd??? They are at a disadvantage in green/brown cover but at a advantage in snow cover. Never really understood this "Albino law".

20-Nov-17
I hear all this crap about the white deer, years and years ago. Mostly enacted as a PR move, not biological,,,,,, My friends and I many years ago, went to a WCC meeting and brought forth a proposal, to be able to shoot white deer.........

You would have thought, they were "gut shot",,,,,, did not go anywhere

21-Nov-17
I see no problem with them being protected even if it is just a 'feel good' law for a significant number of (non hunting) people.

21-Nov-17
I can also see your point Jeff, and that is the reason why,,,, I am sure,,,,, however there was an article, I think it was Lakeland Times, but I may be wrong,,,, there the biologist, did not like the genetics of the albino, in a herd that was growing in Vilas County, and pointed that out,,,,,,,,,

I would go with wildlife science over political science any day, its reality

• Sitka Gear