BmurphyJr 20-Nov-17
Will 20-Nov-17
brw0525 20-Nov-17
spike78 20-Nov-17
huntskifishcook 20-Nov-17
brw0525 20-Nov-17
mrw 21-Nov-17
20-Nov-17
All you guys that are seeing deer. Do you have any acorns on the ground or are you seeing them in the fields?

20-Nov-17
Mostly fields and small oak flats that have dropped acorns (Z10)

20-Nov-17
Bmurph- As the waiter asks , Red or white ? I presume it is red this time of year .

20-Nov-17
Yeah, red oaks up here.

20-Nov-17
The spots I'm into deer have had solid to strong mast crops. A few spots had solid white's early... But since early/mid october have been all Black oak and Red oak...

I only have one spot that has fields that I'm hunting this year. Saw a deer snaking between a ledge and the field the other day, but I've literally never seen a deer in the field there. Weird.

20-Nov-17
All of my deer sightings have been in a draw which is mixed with red oak and maples. They use this funnel instead of climbing the steep hills on either side, kinda of a choke point.

20-Nov-17
Brw funny you say that as my next spot has that same type of draw and it has crossed my mind for the rest of bow season. It’s always a struggle for me whether to set up on a ridge or a flat like your talking about.

20-Nov-17
Any sort of mast seems to have been gobbled up in my area of zone 10. I've jumped deer out of this same mucky culvert morning after morning while parking at one spot. Couldn't figure out why they were there at first. Checked it out after hunting one day and it's loaded with lush greens. Also, went to check a cam deep in a swamp during the rain last week and winter berry bushes that were along deer trails in the swamp were almost picked clean.

20-Nov-17
Spike, yes it is weird, my gut said hunt the ridge, but man the last 2 weeks, the bucks have been up and down this draw like a highway crusing for does. I actually started up on the ridge, but worked my way down into the draw after watching them pass out at 50 yrds.

21-Nov-17
Red and black acorns, and browse. They walk through my food plot (brassica's) but don't really eat much.

• Sitka Gear