Belchertown Bowman 20-Nov-17
Ungie01201 20-Nov-17
bowandspear 20-Nov-17
Will 20-Nov-17
Belchertown Bowman 20-Nov-17
Pi 20-Nov-17
20-Nov-17

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Some of these findings were interesting,..

20-Nov-17
Interesting...

20-Nov-17
Yes interesting stuff thanks BB. Right off the back, 55 yds away from stand the average distance buck travels after start of hunting season. Smart buggers

20-Nov-17
Cool stuff. I read a review of the 55yds study in a Deer and Deer Hunting earlier this year... Sure explains why, the first hunt or two in a set are often best, and why the guys that move often (thus create a new "first set") may be so successful:

"55 Yards – Increase in the average distance adult bucks traveled away from hunting stand sites from the beginning of hunting season until the end. Auburn University researcher Clint McCoy (shown with one of his captured research bucks) based this finding on GPS location data from 37 bucks across three hunting seasons in South Carolina."

20-Nov-17
yes that 55 yards thing caught my eye also in relation to some of the convos I have seen here,..

20-Nov-17
Were the stands used and how often ? Is it surprising that an animal smells us too often and moves further away ? Do the leaves drop over the season and expose the hunter ? I'm not sure what to conclude , if anything new.

• Sitka Gear