mrw 21-Nov-17
Qdiver911 21-Nov-17
Pi 21-Nov-17
Pi 21-Nov-17
mrw 22-Nov-17
Qdiver911 22-Nov-17
Bowhunter7 22-Nov-17
21-Nov-17
Who's out? I'm about to unload my $15K side-by-side from my $80K pickup and drive it across 1100 leased acres of cut corn to the spot that my scouting crew picked out for me. Or more accurately I'm about to get in my banged-up Toyota Tacoma that is sounding a little funny lately and drive to my Dicks Sporting Goods clearance-sale treestand 501 feet from six different houses so I can watch the birds. But today's the day--I can feel it!

21-Nov-17
Good luck. I might go out at 3 or sight in my smoke pole

21-Nov-17
Hahaha good luck jeb!

21-Nov-17
Got up far to early to watch birds... back in a stand that I haven’t sat in for a couple of weeks. Deer dropping’s everywhere, hoping for some action. ... if my camera crew didn’t scare them off

21-Nov-17
Yes, busy day. I have to meet Tiffany lakosky at noon for make up and go over the script for today’s episode we’re filming called “ zone 11-70 inch, scrub oak monsters”. I can’t wait to show her my area. So far this year I found someone’s marijuana operation, a couch with a tv, and a pile of roofing shingles. My area looks real pretty since the town went to pay to dump

21-Nov-17
I am out yet again. Getting hard to justify waking up early when I got a crap ton of work I have ignored for the past month. But I have 2 doe tags and a buck tag left. Have let a lot of deer pass this year. Maybe today I get the chance at a big one. Running out of days before shotgun starts !!!

21-Nov-17
Out in zone 5 at a spot where I missed a 8 point two weeks ago. Hope his memory is shorter than mine. Death I too am finding it hard to justify how early I’m getting up to watch squirrels be ornery with seemingly nothing. But hey it’s a new day and Thanksgiving is coming up and my kids really want a dead deer. ( seriously it’s all they talk about ). It is awfully quiet in here .....

21-Nov-17
Haha come November. That made me laugh. I’m out in zone 3. Just had one out of range and too dark. No idea what it was. If it was buck on cam earlier he was decent. Only can sit till 8ish

21-Nov-17
The funny thing is Ungie, the couch is nicer than mine at home? But I think I’m gonna make a ground blind out of it. Hunt in comfort. Good luck brother, get a big one! Persistence WILL pay off!!!

21-Nov-17
November...that was good... I can hear you big buck story already! “ he came in through the marijuana field, thought I was going to get a shot but as he stepped between the tv and the couch he heard me step on the shingles...” urban hunting stories

21-Nov-17
Does the tv work?

21-Nov-17
Saw a fisher, thought for a minute we might have a disagreement about whose tree I'm in. Thankfully he took a different route. Pretty neat, haven't seen one in several years.

21-Nov-17
November. All you need is someone to dump a window and 2x4's and you can build a hunting cabin !!!

21-Nov-17

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
Nice morning so far. Bait is out!

21-Nov-17
Good luck all. Finishing floors this AM in time for the holiday

21-Nov-17
Wow mrw in my world that would be wildly exciting. Just tried out my new rattle bag, which I suspect had the effect of pushing every last deer out of Zone 10. Sorry. And to all of you in surrounding zones, you're welcome.

21-Nov-17
There's 2 or 3 more working their way in now too. Would like to see some antlers... When I'm done ill send them up to you Jeb!

21-Nov-17
Thanks just tell them to head for the guy making awful noises with plastic sticks.

21-Nov-17
Almost time to get the "Can Call" out of the Bag of Desperation. Sounds like a toy my children had years ago.

21-Nov-17
Glad you guys are cracking me up at work today. Perfect no wind morning and my dumb ass did not take a V day today ugh.

21-Nov-17

Rooster's embedded Photo
Rooster's embedded Photo
I knew I found a good field... just a little closer

21-Nov-17
Jeb... I just broke out the can and bag of desperation!!! Hahahaha. Too funny. Glad you feel the same way as me.

21-Nov-17
I guess when the five-year-old market dried up, they re-packaged it, tripled the price, and started selling it to fifty-year-olds.

21-Nov-17
People are freaking me out and messing up my hunting... stop looking and move along

21-Nov-17
Every time I take out the rattle bag I say here goes nothing. Literally

21-Nov-17
Ha! Rooster at the risk of being insensitive, I wonder if those deer are walking amongst some closely-spaced "dwellings in use"...

21-Nov-17
Jeb, you're not kidding about a rattlebag scaring them off. The only time i ever used one was when i had a large 8 point about 50 yards away. I hit the rattle bag, and he bolted to the next county. It looked like i had set him on fire. I threw it away after that.

21-Nov-17
That could present a small issue Jeb... but your hunting trench would be perfect here!!!!

21-Nov-17
I'm enjoying this comedy of hunting thread , Very much. Thank you for the morning laughs . Ill get my home-work done and hit the woods at 2:00 . Deer are moving in my area ( Z11 south/east coast ) at 3:45 like a bell went off. Yesterday I had a great chase under me at 15 yards. No shot , no trail , too fast. Then another doe (the little side kick) walks past .

I'm Also sick of dead mornings .

21-Nov-17
Maybe not the best place for digging...

21-Nov-17
Alright, enough. I have to go to work, Jeb sending them to your way.

21-Nov-17
Lol jeb. You seeing anything?

21-Nov-17
No, because they're not walking across my phone screen. Also it will take them awhile to make it up here from mrw. I'll have to be patient.

21-Nov-17
You know, Rooster, if you walk round there, you actually might get lucky and find a pre-dug trench. Just skeedaddle if a line of cars pulls up full of nicely-dressed people.

21-Nov-17
I could throw them in the truck and drop them off on my way to work. One's a little bitchy, be careful of her.

What I want to know is where's the buck that supposed to be chasing these things?

21-Nov-17
Yeah, Jeb, I think that would draw less attention than my climber... they even have those cool pop up canopies for rainy days... haven’t seen any posted signs either... just might want to gut the deer somewhere else... pile of guts in a graveyard might bring unwanted attention

21-Nov-17
Yeah, Jeb, I think that would draw less attention than my climber... they even have those cool pop up canopies for rainy days... haven’t seen any posted signs either... just might want to gut the deer somewhere else... pile of guts in a graveyard might bring unwanted attention

21-Nov-17

21-Nov-17
Weirdest thing just happened. lol over Timmy left and I see a very large spike horn ( def a buck ) walking in the thick stuff. But in to is a yearling deer prancing around following him. Now the only yearlings in this area were a pair whose mother decided to get her groove on. She had Ickes them to the curb a few weeks back, but they still were in the area. Now I am wondering if the mother was shot or maybe the yearlong is a little baby buck following big cousins instinct

21-Nov-17

Murphy31's embedded Photo
Murphy31's embedded Photo
Had a 6 point and three does go by. Then at about 8 I had a massive blonde phase yote at 20. Try to stop him and he bolts off. Bastard. He was so big I honestly couldn't tell if it was a dog or coyote at first.

21-Nov-17
You guys are hysterical, funny stuff. I didn't think I would have time to get in until Friday but looks like I'm in this afternoon. Can't make up my mind to sit swamp where I don't see them during light but know sooner or later it should pay off or go sit on the ground in the thick stuff for a change where I can set my watch by them in afternoon but can't use a climber or get a shooting lane more than 6" wide lol . Wind is good for both. I'll roll the dice later.

21-Nov-17
So my questions is to you guys ,.. what did hunters do to pass the sit/time before there was this here "Internets" :)

Wish I was out there with ya,.. still stuck flying my desk and day dreaming of strafing the woods with some pairs of .50 caliber machine guns,..

Not where you guys are! LOL

21-Nov-17
Belcher, they probably actually shot deer because they were’nt distracted by their phones

21-Nov-17
Belcher, they probably actually shot deer because they were’nt distracted by their phones

21-Nov-17
Well when I was in my early teens. I would just sit there bored ass he'll. Get down at like 830-9. Get yelled at by dad because I wasn't in my stand lol. I'm in the weird age class where cell phones didn't really become a thing you could readily have till I was like 16, but there was no internet on them.

21-Nov-17
We didn't know that we were bored and needed the constant plug in to stay balanced and brain active . The internet told us that and now we know.

50 thousand years of doing it the other way ... wiped out in a decade ... interesting experiment .

21-Nov-17
What a beautiful day to be on stand. This work shit sucks!!!

21-Nov-17

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
The phone does pass the time, but nothing is better than a good nap 30' up! Once I woke up, had a 7 pointer in front of me, shot him before I was awake enough to get the shakes!

I'm back in Z0, had to have my youngest run out to scare the does off enough for me to get out of the tree. Here's another picture for you poor, office-bound souls. 3 does at 12 yards.

21-Nov-17
Nice. Talk about rubbing it in lol. Let’s see the buck

21-Nov-17
Wholly smokes - you all are killing me! Bag of desperation. Priceless!

I was bummed not to be out this AM. Kids had their little "Turkey Trot" at school to go watch. Fun. Hope to get out this afternoon... What's with the dang tornado like SW wind that's kicked up after a deadcalm AM though!?

21-Nov-17
Seems like wind picks up daily lately

21-Nov-17
WTG MRW! Yes you are killing us office bound would too lol Stoked for you! I'm available to drag later rather than go sit if you need hands

21-Nov-17
Nice mrw!

21-Nov-17
Going to sneak back out (crash my way through the woods) this afternoon. Probably on the ground. Hate this wind.

21-Nov-17
nice work mrw... hope to be out of the office by 2 and in a stand by 3. Not sure which stand yet.

21-Nov-17

mrw's embedded Photo
mrw's embedded Photo
Jeb, they didn't like how I was going to load them into the truck (with a hole in their side), so they decided to walk. Should be there this afternoon. Good news is, by the time they get there you should have a caravan of bucks following them! Go get 'em buddy!

Send them back when you're done.

21-Nov-17
WOW ,.. MRW those are nice photos,.. from today?

21-Nov-17
Well, thank you mrw, they did arrive but I'm sorry to say I scared the bejesus out of them crashing back into the woods this afternoon. They seemed to be scrambling frantically back toward you.

21-Nov-17
Rooster I will send you flowers for ground cover whats the plot #

21-Nov-17
Yeah BB. When we were house hunting I didn't demand a man cave, a garage or a barn. I said it has to be hunt-able - period. Every realtor we dealt with was annoyed when I told them for every house visit they better bring boots because we're going in the woods! We only have a little over 5 acres, but it's a major travel corridor - for does. The bucks are close, just not here unfortunately. But this will do!

21-Nov-17
I'm a dope. No pants ,no harness but a good gusty wind to keep me awake. No pants.

21-Nov-17
Thanks Captain... I’m thinking an edible arrangement might work even better ! Not technically baiting...

21-Nov-17
Thanks Captain... I’m thinking an edible arrangement might work even better ! Not technically baiting...

21-Nov-17

21-Nov-17
Geez Pi, I hope there are no trail camera's where you're hunting!

Guys it is blowing, too busy holding on to tell us what you're seeing?

21-Nov-17
Sitting a brand new site in a 3 yr old semi clear cut ridge overlooking a swamp. Took 30 minutes to decide on a tree for the climber on account of the wind. Sturdy oak check. No dead limbs check. Background cover from a young pine check. Now just waiting for the deer. Have a feeling it might take all of this remaining hunting year to learn this section. It’s gotta be a 25 acre cut with patches of growth they left alone. I’m not even sure where or if the deer enter and exit.

21-Nov-17
Back at it zone 3. Same spot as this am. Other camera I checked had no activity

21-Nov-17
Coming in at 2:15 have a freshened scrape that stinks to high heaven. And more mangled cattails 10 ft beyond it on run. Setup downwind of it and the whole show, swamp to my back. Got a six following a doe on camera here the other day. Hopefully the smell is her.

21-Nov-17
Z11. Edge of a field. Nice flock of turkeys feeding. Where are the deer?

21-Nov-17
Mrw, when my neighbor kicks the bucket one day I may be able to hunt on my 5 acres.

21-Nov-17
Nice house location MRW,.. been thinking about moving and am wondering where and how much is hunting come into that,..

My location is too crowded for me,.. was good 17 years ago,..

21-Nov-17
i think i can get one made up with sugar beets will that do

21-Nov-17
Nothing sighted, heard some movement up hill and in behind me in cattails. This may warrant another sit :) from 25 ft up on edge I can see the run in cattails and a possible bedding spot in center near some trees deep. The big hope is he doing this in daylight ?!?

21-Nov-17
You might have to go in after him...

21-Nov-17
So, after 148/hrs in the woods, seen many deer ( scar face 10/pointer too ??) I found the main trail from the swamp that had no idea existed until 4 days ago. That being said, I'm setting up on the ridge in the rain in the AM Too much acreage to hunt need 2 more BOW ONLY hunters for next week MRW? Bow& Spear?

21-Nov-17
mrw I pulled the cameras. Twas sick of laughing deer. Found my pants at home . Tough day at deer camp. This one time...

21-Nov-17
Look at that turkey ! gobble at it !

22-Nov-17
Well Q, if we have to . . . I'm game, we 3 should talk. It'll be like one of our lobstah trips, tailgate overflowing with delicious dead (and soon to be dead) things!

22-Nov-17
Touch base w you later today

22-Nov-17
I’m free from 12 today till Tuesday :)

• Sitka Gear