LTL JimBow 21-Nov-17
Franklin 21-Nov-17
Novice 21-Nov-17
Crusader dad 21-Nov-17
Swampy 21-Nov-17
Pete-pec 21-Nov-17
LTL JimBow 21-Nov-17
21-Nov-17
There are more big bucks than ever . There are more types of weapons than ever There are more seasons than ever There are less age restrictions for hunters than ever

If hunter participation is in fact going down , WHAT DO I DO ?

21-Nov-17
About what?

21-Nov-17
where can i get some of what your on?

21-Nov-17
If you are selling or promoting the hunt you need high participation to validate your efforts . If the changes made are not working , or increasing participation What is next ?

21-Nov-17
If your a outfitter....DROP YOUR PRICES....QUALITY is the answer. Not just the animals...but everything. Stand by every word you say and deliver. I have been on many shitty hunts and EVERY ONE was a outfitted hunt.

21-Nov-17
Seriously, do you ever post anything positive?

21-Nov-17
LTL, take a newbie hunting. Get them hooked and they will pass it on. That is the #1 thing we can do to grow our sport.

21-Nov-17
JimBow do what I do . When things get hard just quit .

21-Nov-17
The answer to recruitment is the need for food. We had far more hunters, when deer had a value for their flesh, that outweighed their bone. We also had more small game hunters as well. There was a tipping of the scales, when it costs more to hunt, than the return on investment. There is less opportunity for people to hunt, as landowners are unwilling to share without a cost of a lease, there is less land to hunt because land is far more privatized, and trespass has a far greater penalty than it did in the past. Kids are becoming "civilized", and can rely on mom and dad for that sustainable resource of food, without killing it themselves. Needs have been replaced with wants, and the thrill of the hunt has been replaced by popularity in the social world. It won't get better. In the future, hunting will be unpopular, recruitment schemes will not work, and eventually our country will lose their gun rights. So there is nothing you can do, except share your hobby with people who share your desire, and then die like the rest of us.

21-Nov-17
Bingo,,, and I will add / reinforce that the current path is not sustainable. The changes made don't address why people don't hunt . This wasn't meant to be negative . It's complex what makes a hunter . The people making rules are just not good . It's that simple .

• Sitka Gear