Pi 22-Nov-17
Fatkid1979 22-Nov-17
Belchertown Bowman 22-Nov-17
BruceP 22-Nov-17
Belchertown Bowman 22-Nov-17
bowandspear 22-Nov-17
21-Nov-17

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Data on deer movement when it rains for both sexes backed up by loads of GPS data sets,..

They have both opinion of there readers 1700 and then what the data shows,.. pretty cool stuff.

21-Nov-17
I'm diggin these studies BB. Keep em coming!

21-Nov-17
Hey don't listen to me man,.. I haven't gotten a deer after my coming outta retirement,.. yet!

I am just trying to combine what I find really great first hand experience from awesome folks on this site, like my "arch solar rival Pi LOL.. Muzzy,.. Will,. Moons,. etc and many others I fail to mention,.. the plan is to combine that with science,.. hard facts,.. data!

I figure if I can suck off their brains and then filter it all through hard data,. maybe I can be a better hunter,.. Note that is all theory though,.. Clearly the deer got me outsmarted! Thanks Hunts,..

LMAO

21-Nov-17
Dude, don't worry, the deer have outsmarted me thus far also. I've been in positon and blew it. I just love this stuff about deer biology, because we can at least attempt to use it to our advantage. And they are just incredible animals, it's so cool to learn about how and why they behave certain ways on a daily basis.

21-Nov-17
You people and your fancy data. I prefer folklore and wives tales.

21-Nov-17
Also outsmarted me!!! 2 deer 2 big bucks. Missed one at 15. Ughh but still having fun!!!!

21-Nov-17
I like my wifes tail too Jeb,..

I assume that is pretty normal? No ?

21-Nov-17
To quote the TV show Sienfeld to you BB, "This is Gold Jerry, Gold!"

Keep it coming!

22-Nov-17
my arch " Solar rival " ! gotta love it !

Good find now to filter and tell my local deer to read ,read, read. Reading ," It's fundamental " Remember that one ?

22-Nov-17
Ok, moral of the story, rain or shine, go hunting. Got it. What about us wimps that hate the rain? I definitely travel alot less in the rain. Lol. Nice article.

22-Nov-17

Belchertown Bowman's Link
After having used the Hawk umbrella in the rain twice I can say one thing FKid,.. it makes hunting in the rain fun,.. I actually never would have done in before cause who the fuck wants to hunt in the rain,.. I do now.

With the umbrella it makes it fun,.. it is so odd to be out there in the rain,.. things change it is different,.. even the tree rats go away. It is a different forest in the rain and fun to see that change,..

Again I would not hunt a day that is all rain but I would use the umbrella to get out before the rain ends or ride out a 2 hour shower,.. It is a nice way to cover scent on the way in or out too,..

22-Nov-17
Just remember that blood washes away real quick in the rain. Shot choices with the bow should probably be limited to only the sure things. Just saying.

22-Nov-17
Agreed shot pre or post rain,..

22-Nov-17
Watched 6 deer 3 doe 3 younguns feeding calmly in open field in pouring rain in Z11 at 2:00 in afternoon today.

• Sitka Gear