HolePuncher 22-Nov-17
jax2009r 22-Nov-17
notme 22-Nov-17
steve 22-Nov-17
notme 22-Nov-17
jax2009r 22-Nov-17
air leak 22-Nov-17
22-Nov-17
So I've been waiting all week to get out today and of course it's pouring. How does this affect the deer in the rut. I once was told it doesn't matter what the weather is during the rut because once it's breeding time there going to breed regardless. Has anyone here hunted in the rain during the rut or is it a bad idea. I would like to head out this morning but I'm contemplating.. any thoughts??

22-Nov-17
They get wet!

22-Nov-17
I would take to boom stick not a bow

22-Nov-17
The problem for me is after the shot. If the deer don't crash in sight, the blood trail won't last too long.

22-Nov-17
Head out this afternoon. The rain is stopping soon. The only thing that stinks is that you constantly swivel your head because you can't hear them coming. And when you hit them right, they fall in sight. That's what we all should strive for. Archery is awesome when it all comes together.

22-Nov-17
I was out this am in zone 2. Had a doe cruise by out of range early. Hunted until it started to dump. Agree, rain makes a tough track that’s why I got out. I’ve gotten deer in a monsoon during the rut with a gun. You can’t kill a deer from the couch. Go get’em,

22-Nov-17
GOING TONIGHT WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET BACK .LOL

22-Nov-17
I always liked hunting them in the rain. Heavy rain, not so much but drizzle to light rain was always good.

22-Nov-17
rain slowed feeding movement this morning, deer may be coming out earlier this evening as the rain moves out and a cold front rolls in. get out there!

22-Nov-17
bb...I agree,,,,drizzle overcast always feels like a good day,,,,

22-Nov-17

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
The deer are gonna do what deer do..like everyone else said,make sure youve got a clean shot for a good hit..the doe i shot 15mins in a light drizzle i could barely find blood..

22-Nov-17

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Rain stopped now but it's windy hope they didn't move this morning first time ever in this dtand

22-Nov-17
GL Bud!!!..winds are picking up good

22-Nov-17
Had a doe go running by nothing in toe

22-Nov-17
Good luck guys.

• Sitka Gear