Pi 23-Nov-17
spike78 23-Nov-17
Pi 23-Nov-17
Bowhunt3138 23-Nov-17
Belchertown Bowman 23-Nov-17
spike78 23-Nov-17
Pi 23-Nov-17
22-Nov-17
I decided to scout the spot where I shot my last deer three seasons ago. I haven’t been there since due to hearing a slaughter on opening day of shotgun and not seeing too many tracks in the snow after the season ended. I go there today as my spots just plain suck for me and I know the patterns in this place. I walk up the path and jump a doe at 3:00. I start scouting all the usual travel areas and man fresh crap everywhere I mean everywhere all shapes and sizes along with tracks everywhere in the leaves. I found some rubs here and there but just an odd year for buck sign everywhere I’ve been. I also found a shed that was in mint condition from last year. Man am I kicking myself as I can only imagine how much better off I would have been hunting there from the start! We shall see how it goes.

22-Nov-17
Nope , forget about what could have been , you hit the spot and they are there . Just get on it.

22-Nov-17
Can't change the past. Get after em spike! Good luck!!

22-Nov-17

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Here is the shed in mint condition.

22-Nov-17
He is even better this year. Get in there .

22-Nov-17
Get after it Spike - no time like the present!

22-Nov-17
So you were part of a slaughter 3 yrs ago and never went back, grasshopper slow down and be part of the slaughter once again ! Goodluck Spike78!

22-Nov-17
Xi, I got mine with the bow. I went opening morning of shotgun and their were shots in all directions at least 15. I thought well damn their goes all the deer in here after I was excited that I had a good spot for once. I’m not sure the snow tells the whole story though if wander elsewhere.

22-Nov-17
So you were saving it for these next couple of days, great plan!

22-Nov-17
Unrelated, but Xi, it's good to see you back on here man. I hope things are good!

22-Nov-17
Get in there dude! and good luck!

23-Nov-17
Wow. I'm jealous. I have definitely going to step it up next year on the scouting front! Go get em.

23-Nov-17
Spike, are you huuting it this morning?

23-Nov-17
Peterk, keep taking notes this year where you see sign and when. All the way through the season. Get that into a folder for next year and maybe you will see what they do , when and why. At the least you can get out in front of the next hot spot as it is developing next year.

I learned a lot in my new woods . Landed a new spot yesterday but will they pass through ? Taking notes , taking notes...

23-Nov-17
my notes from last year just put me in range of a grate buck this morning. learn from your mistakes don't worry about what you cant change. come to think of it my notes put me in range of two grate bucks this year. but being in range is only half the battle, believe me.

23-Nov-17
Fully believe , but a very important first half of the battle for sure.

23-Nov-17
Spike, there's a lot of knuckle heads in the woods opening morning of shotgun, most of those 15 shots were probably misses...

23-Nov-17
Yes I hunted it this morning and I did see a deer however it was when I stood up to pee. I can sit in the woods ten hours straight and the two minutes I whip it out that’s when a deer comes by without fail. I have the best luck.

23-Nov-17
Keep it out. Dicks has camo.

23-Nov-17
Bruce, you are probably correct. Pi, I would have but it would have been more pathetic then it already is. It was damn cold out!

23-Nov-17
Shrinkage . if you don't pee on yourself its good enough..

23-Nov-17
LMAO !! I hear that , when I need to pee in the stand on cold mornings I realize that I need to wear less clothes or a longer dick ! Unfortunately one of those isn't an option. ??

23-Nov-17
:),..

23-Nov-17
It would have been quicker but I was dealing with three holes. The boxers, Long Johns, and camo pants. What a pain in the ass.

23-Nov-17
Its a game of accuracy not speed. 3 holes to navigate seems about right. Keep at it . Lean forward if you must.

I'm LMAO, That was funny stuff.

• Sitka Gear