Fran 23-Nov-17
Pi 23-Nov-17
stillhunter 23-Nov-17
Sosso 23-Nov-17
stillhunter 23-Nov-17
mrw 23-Nov-17
1SG Ret 23-Nov-17
23-Nov-17
Happy Thanksgiving all! Grabbing a couple of hours in a tree this morning before festivities begin! Good luck!

23-Nov-17
Ya good luck all. Spending most of the day in tree :)

23-Nov-17
I am so excited, I got up 45 minutes earlier than planned and wide awake. Feeling good about today. I got 3 weeks of vacation I started yesterday and plan to hunt as much as possible. Going out for a long morning sit. Just got to be home by 10am. I say long because I'm already out of the house. Left at 4:40am. My spot is pretty close, so plenty of time. Pretty brisk morning. Should see some movement. Good hunting and happy thanksgiving.

23-Nov-17
I am also up getting ready to head out tree stand is a 5 min walk from the front door love living in the big woods saw the deer were moving last night hope they are moving this nice cold calm morning

23-Nov-17
Each year as the season rolls on, my guideline about when to be in the tree gets rolled back. First part of season, I'm in there like clockwork 30 minutes before legal. Right about now, midway through, I'm at about 15 minutes. Late December, I'll be climbing the tree just about exactly when the shooting bell rings. Happy Thanksgiving all, good luck to those who are out. Much to be thankful for.

23-Nov-17
Getting ready going to sit until 12:00. Trying out a new spot so waiting for a little sunlight to come up.

23-Nov-17
Happy thanksgiving to all

Got settled a bit later then I wanted- don't think bumped any on way in. Good luck everyone

23-Nov-17
Happy turkey day everyone. I am out in the same area I have been since nov1 but over 80 yds closer to my buddies house. Been seeing deer use this trail all season and decided to put a climber in here yesterday in the pouring rain. Hopefully a deer follows the script. Good luck to all who are out

23-Nov-17
20' ft up. Good luck everyone.

23-Nov-17
Walking in deer runs away. Ughhhh

23-Nov-17
Well just had 3 doe come the way I wanted them to, so I thought . Took a trail away from me and not the one to me. It's early..

23-Nov-17
Dead here

23-Nov-17
Happy thanksgiving everyone! Seen 5 does so far

23-Nov-17
I just had 3 more go behind me. Lots of action no shots presented-

23-Nov-17
Jesus zone 8 no does. All year

23-Nov-17
I get to my spot and sit down but the ice coffee is kicking in. Go to take a quick pee and spooked a deer behind me. I’m effing cursed!

23-Nov-17
Yeah well where are the bucks

23-Nov-17
Monster 8 20 feet from my tree, and he wouldn't come around to where he was supposed to be. Nobody gave him the script. I think by the time he wandered off he knew something was up.

23-Nov-17
Dam my feet are cold!!!!

23-Nov-17
Dam my feet are cold!!!!

23-Nov-17
Jeb get down and circle down wind of him . or call and try to bring him back in. Get that deer.

23-Nov-17
Vash1 They are afraid of you now . That's the down side of posting this site ... Troll-Deer are lurking and learning. Hang in , there is either Venison or Turkey for dinner.

23-Nov-17
After he was out of sight I made various noises with my little toys, but he more-or-less busted me so I suspect he and I aren't going to have more together time today. Maybe tomorrow if he's in a better mood.

23-Nov-17
Pi- I think you may ba right

23-Nov-17
Yep pencil it into the date book .

This new generation , sheesh, cant teach em nothin' They are so savvy with all the gadgets and here we are clunking around with toys from the past. They must think we are idiots.

We try to reach them anyway but it seems that they speak a different language now , BBBBBaaaaaaa blllaaaaaa BUUUUURRRp BUUp BUUp BUUp , I cant understand a frigin' thing they say.

I need closed caption and an interpreter. Punks I tell yu Punks!

23-Nov-17
Well That's all the time I have for this morning Good luck to the rest of you still out.

23-Nov-17
Home having coffee in zone 3. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

23-Nov-17

Rooster's embedded Photo
Rooster's embedded Photo
Well... I have a couple of stands about 75 yards apart and I have been hunting stand 1 for a while. Well this morning I only had a couple of hours and I decided to hunt stand 2. I didn’t see anything and checked my trail cams on my way out. Wouldn’t you know it... guess who shows up at stand 1... frustrating...

23-Nov-17
Wow!!!

23-Nov-17
Went to check a couple cameras in my spot on my way out, well someone cut all the straps off of them left the cameras lying on the ground with the straps all cut up. People suck

23-Nov-17
Vash1 I almost always make an effort to brush in my cameras. Lay a big stick or two , slide in some trimmings behind , on the straps etc. anything to break up the profile. Rock walls are good too.

At least the putz didn't take the camera. Some suck donkey dick.

23-Nov-17
second time in two weeks I have had a big buck at twenty yards full draw not step into an opening. This guy came in to my own voice grunt. now I have to go play family.

23-Nov-17
Stillhunter . I would love to be in a tree about 50 yards from you . What are you saying to him ? buck or doe or what ?

23-Nov-17
Deer even out today?

23-Nov-17
Pi,I saw a buck tending a doe in this spot first week of shotgun last year. I hade seen fresh tracks of a buck trailing a doe the other afternoon so I wanted to sneak in their if the wind changed. I sat a run leading into a bedding area this morning with no action. so I figured with the wind right I would still hunt out threw this piece, not to mention I was freezing and just wanted to move. one I got to where I wanted to be, I gave one load grunt with my voice, moments later their is a tall rack heading threw the brush right at me. I knew he couldn't see me or not well, so I drew my bow, he never broke stride till he was standing on the same trail I was standing on. he slowed and tried to look around the corner toward me but the wind was totally on my favor, and you could tell he wasn't crazy about rounding the bend into the open. he slipped right back into the thick stuff next to the trail, thou still coming my way. He ended up giving me a full broadside, but taking a shot threw brush like that just isn't worth it to me. I would rather make no shot then a bad one. He got a little spooky and trotted off.

23-Nov-17
sat 6-930 froze my butt off. had a coyote come by at about 30 yards but too thick to send an arrow. tried giving him the mouth squeak but he wasn't interested after already catching my wind. checked a camera which has been seeing some daytime buck action...

23-Nov-17
I was tempted, but I like being married more than hunting. Maybe a few hours tomorrow morning. Taking my daughter to the Trans Siberian Orchestra in the afternoon, so Saturday might be in the woods instead of the wife's to do list. Marriage is a give and take.

23-Nov-17
spelling, not so much.

23-Nov-17
Where is trans siberian playing? I’m taking the princess sun night at Mohegan sun

23-Nov-17
Stillhunter , great encounter. A loud buck grunt from yourself ! awesome. I love it when they get all bothered this time of year.

A big one came out for me a few years ago and I had the same issue with a bush . Best shot I never took. But if I was holding a boom stick it would have been a different ending. Good job being restrained and having that ethical mindset. That's a victory either way.

23-Nov-17
They are playing in Worcester

23-Nov-17
Lots of little doe. Had to get out at 11. So I get down, gather my pee wicks and head out. At some point I drop some wicks, kneel to pick them up, as soon as I stand, I see. 6pt about 30 yds away. He didn’t see me and I didn’t have a clear shot, but he crossed my fresh pee drag line and drop path from when I was coming in. I also had my wicks, he was not interested in the smell remotely.

So, I’ll b back to give it another go tomorrow. How do you call in the bucks post rut?

Anyhow, Happy Thanksgiving all!

23-Nov-17
Wow everyone seeing deer but me hmmm

23-Nov-17
Good hunts all and good call stillhunter! Great job

23-Nov-17
My buddy shot a nice 8-pt this morning at 7am.He grunted him in and there were other bucks chasing.

23-Nov-17
It ain't over .

23-Nov-17
So we never are able to bow hunt the saterday after thanksgiving. State web site says til 25th?

23-Nov-17
Archery closes 30 minutes after sundown on the 25th.

45 minutes after if you have light and it’s a good shot...and your trapped in your stand by a 8 pointer...best judgment of course.

23-Nov-17
I was convinced Friday was the last day with the bow, so I guess I get an extra day.

23-Nov-17
I thought it's always been up to the last Saturday before gun season. Same for shotgun to ML. /And you can hunt bow in any of those, just have to play by the gun rules; aka, orange.

23-Nov-17
MRW gun rules apply (must wear orange) and I believe you must have archery stamp if that is what you're hunting with. and you must but primitive arms stamp even if you are hunting with archery during that season.

I took 3 deer in Texas ( 2 and 3 year old spikes and a awesome 6 point Axis so freezer is full) and wife says NO MORE DEER... BUT.....

• Sitka Gear