GAFFER1 24-Nov-17
Shawn 24-Nov-17
LIBuck 24-Nov-17
Mint 25-Nov-17
XbowfromNY 27-Nov-17
Bayhawks24 02-Dec-17
hammer 02-Dec-17
24-Nov-17
hey all - what are your thoughts on the best days to be out there for the "2nd rut?" i have to choose between the 28th and the 29th of november, or the 5th and the 6th of december. i saw the most movement on November 7th. 4 weeks after that would be the 5th. Do some of you experts think that the 5th would be my best bet? i'm in 1c.

all thoughts appreciated.

24-Nov-17
Hey LIBuck.I also hunt in 1C and from past reports I'm thinkin somewhere around the 5th thru 7th is about right. Best of luck and hope your season has been good so far.Mike

24-Nov-17
based on past years I'd go with the December dates.

24-Nov-17
Not much of a second rut but this year I would say around December 11th give or take. Lock down here where I hunt was around the 14th again give or take so some of those doe fawns may come in around mid-december. Shawn

24-Nov-17
great feedback. thanks all

25-Nov-17
I believe the second rut is 27 days after peak rut so I think around December 11th to 15th like Shaun stated.

27-Nov-17
3S (Westchester) I got plenty of buck pics in the last week coming to scrapes, but just before first light or just after dark. 3N (Putnam) - my best bucks are on the move during daylight hours, just haven't been lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time. Hopefully they still moving Saturday when I can get back out there.

02-Dec-17
Anyone hunting Suffolk ? What’s the deer forecast looking like?

02-Dec-17
Hunted Suffolk on Monday afternoon and was able to call in 2 decent bucks. The one was a big 8 that never gave me a shot and hunted yesterday afternoon and it was slow. One small buck, that was it.Havent seen a doe in almost 2 weeks. See what Monday morning shall bring .With this big moon and some cooler temps, maybe something will get started . Good luck .Mike

• Sitka Gear