Tall 1 01-Dec-17
notme 01-Dec-17
rut 03-Dec-17
DeerDan 03-Dec-17
Tall 1 03-Dec-17
>>---CTCrow---> 06-Dec-17
>>---CTCrow---> 06-Dec-17
24-Nov-17
I've seen quite a few topics being about food and recipes. I gotta be honest with you guys I don't eat much meat and not from the taste but because I don't know how to cook it. My family would rather go to the garden and eat lettuce all day but I need some meat.. makes my body feel much more energized when I eat it. What are some good ways to cook some backstrap and tenderloin.. I need some good ways to cook it and I'm not asking for your family recipe, actually yes I am..lol... thanks guys

24-Nov-17
WTF is wrong with you?...lol. i do it a bunch of different ways but most times simple is best!!.. backstrap i cut into 2"pieces, butterfly, throw it in a zip lock, a few glugs of soy sauce and wortcechire, and a crap load of black pepper..maybe a couple garlic clove..thyme,marjorum,parsley..hot sauce sometimes...i throw everything in while its defrosting shaking it up every now and then...grill on high heat 2mins a side..done rare..

Leave it whole but remember to tuck in the tail for even cooking...use above stuff..spike with garlic..wrap in bacon..oven 350* 15mins(depends) grill crank one side low other..put on low side ..15 mins..or until you finish 1beer and 2smokes...lol

24-Nov-17
I love to cube up deer meat. Put it on a crock pot with veggies and eat it like stew. Fall apart goodness.

The other good way is to make chili with all the burger. Slow cook on stove top with your favorite chili recipe.

Lastly, cut your back straps into 10-12" pieces (you'll get 6 per deer). Use notme's marinade and grill the whole piece until rare/medium rare. Slice thin and enjoy.

You won't even know your eating deer the first two ways.

24-Nov-17
Most steaks I use a teriyaki glaze and marinade. Sometimes I will slice em up and put em on skewers, fun to eat. Ground meat I'll make Bambi burgers, meatloaf and tacos. Sheppard pie would work. Some we make into jerky, some salami. I have two guys that know how to make it better than oberto or pepperidge farms themselves.

24-Nov-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Seasoned heart and tenderlions
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Seasoned heart and tenderlions
I just cooked the inner tenderloins and heart from the buck I got yesterday morning. I did what I always do: Onion powder, Garlic powder and McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning. Super hot grill and 3-4 minutes per side. Pull off and cover with foil and let the meat rest for 10 minutes if you have the patience. You want medium rare, no more or it starts getting dry.

24-Nov-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Ready to devour

24-Nov-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Perfect

24-Nov-17
Tall 1 is 120 percent correct. Medium rare. Last pic is picture perfect.

24-Nov-17
Problem is not needing recipes. Need a new wife. Ha. Seriously my wife cooks all our family meals and my favorites are her venison stew, instapot roast and back strap cooked of the grill. Of course you can never go wrong with jerky. We eat venision as our source of red meat for the family.

24-Nov-17
Butter onions garlic in a cast iron pan.....medium rare

25-Nov-17
My favorite is chops seasoned with lawyers salt and garlic, seared on a cast iron pan, rare in the middle.

I also love to make meatloaf. Take about 3 lbs of ground venison, 2 eggs, planko crumbs, season salt, garlic itialian seasoning, diced onions. Turn that into a log 12-14 I’m he’s long. Then take I package of raw bacon, cut strips in half. Layer on top of the meatloaf log. Cock on 350 for 35 min or create a tinfoil tray and cook on grill. Low direct heat high indirect. Cut into 2” slices and enjoy. Also great the next day for sandwiches. Yum.

Think I’m gonna go home and make some meatloaf today. Haha

01-Dec-17

Ryan707's embedded Photo
Ryan707's embedded Photo
Step 1 - form your meatloaf log

01-Dec-17

Ryan707's embedded Photo
Ryan707's embedded Photo
Step 2 - add bacon, cook at 350 for 35-40 minuets, broil for 1-2 minuets for crispy bacon

01-Dec-17

Ryan707's embedded Photo
Ryan707's embedded Photo
Step 3 - let it sit for 10 minutes

01-Dec-17

Ryan707's embedded Photo
Ryan707's embedded Photo
Step 4 - enjoy

01-Dec-17
I wrap the back strap with bacon season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thow on the grill at really hi heat for 2 minutes. You want it red in the middle.

01-Dec-17
Easy easy easy Season tenderloins with salt pepper garlic powder or anything you want. Saute with butter in cast iron pan 2- 21/2 minutes per side. Let rest a few minutes then enjoy.

01-Dec-17
I honestly don't like the bacon on my venison. .. venison Salisbury steak simmered in gravy. .. or country fried cube steaks in mushroom gravy. . Best ever .

01-Dec-17
You MUST start with good bottle of red wine, either a nice California Cabernet Sauvignon or Brunello di Montalcino. Open the bottle about 2 hours before you start cooking to let it breath, and then light the grill and pour a big glass of wine at the start of hour 3. Drink the first glass and then put the steaks on the grill, no seasoning other than salt and pepper and pour a 2nd glass of wine and drink. Cook on high heat until med rare (picture above is perfection), and pour your 3rd glass of wine and drink with the steak. DONE!! The balance of the wine should be drunk with some nice dark chocolate while sitting in the hot tub (bathing suit not required unless those damn neighborhood kids are out). Making your own bubbles is optional. Enjoy!

01-Dec-17
It takes you 4hrs to drink a bottle of wine???

01-Dec-17
For your next deer take it adolfes and have kielbasa and sausage made....then all you really have to do is throw it on the grill and it is great .....keep it simple if cooking isn't your thing

Venison stew in the crock pot is simple as well

01-Dec-17

SixLomaz's embedded Photo
SixLomaz's embedded Photo
Yummy tenderloin a la bacon grilled 3-5 minutes on each side, then covered for 10-20 minutes.

01-Dec-17
My buddy gets kielbasa made at Adolf's. It is awesome. No afterbite

01-Dec-17
One of my favorites is venison marsala with cube steak.

01-Dec-17
A great wild game cookbook is called Buck Buck Moose by Hank Shaw. It is available on Amazon and well worth owning.

01-Dec-17
I also like "Ring around the moosey" cook book and " Hickory dickory buck, this recipe really doesn't suck".

01-Dec-17
BBB your favorite venison meals take 16 years to prepare.

01-Dec-17
Venison stroganoff is great on a winter night

03-Dec-17

rut's embedded Photo
rut's embedded Photo
Grilled venison loin. Medium rare. Seasoned with olive oil, garlic ,butter, salt, pepper. Yellow squash. Fresh mushrooms.

03-Dec-17

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Venison Marsala

03-Dec-17
Looks great!

06-Dec-17
I forgot... deer heart stir fry.

06-Dec-17
I forgot... deer heart stir fry.

• Sitka Gear