Bowhunting 5C 01-Dec-17
Rut Nut 01-Dec-17
horsethief51 01-Dec-17
Red Beastmaster 01-Dec-17
horsethief51 01-Dec-17
Bowhunting 5C 04-Dec-17
HARRY CARRY 04-Dec-17
28-Nov-17
I achieved a dubious personal best on Monday. It took till 6:41 to throw off my first trespasser of the 2017 gun season. While bow hunting a golf course that has over 200 signs on it and the surrounding area, I had a guy in full camo carrying a shotgun walk in at 6:41am looking to shoot up a golf course. Imagine that... Shooting guns near a golf course... Amazing. Total stand time and a new personal best on opening day of gun season was 41 minutes ladies and gentleman... 41 minutes for my day to be ruined by yet again another trespassing dill weed from PA.... Awesome experience and further cements my moto: "Trespassing, PA's most handed down traditions"....

28-Nov-17
NO HUNTING means Good Hunting!

28-Nov-17
David, not funny. Although that is what they think. However that does not mean they can shoot up a golf course or the homes on it either. He won the "Helen Keller" award for missing all those signs too.

28-Nov-17
So you were bowhunting the golf course, I assume? Did you contact local law enforcement or a game warden, and notify them about the trespasser? Not wearing blaze orange during firearms season is not only very risky, but also carries a pretty hefty fine.

28-Nov-17
By the time I could get anybody out to even file the report, the clown was a ghost. Yes, it is a golf course with woods attache to it with homes as well. We can only bow hunt it for obvious reasons. For 5 years since we have had permission for this piece we struggled with it. It has gotten better but they still try. I wish we could get it to stop and have done everything we can think of to stop it but it seems we spend more time with trespassers than we do actually hunting.

28-Nov-17
Just imagine the "damage" he could have done with an AR-15!!!!! ;-)

28-Nov-17
Nope...

29-Nov-17
RC.. Quit it. It was a shotgun, Remington slug gun with a sling. I agree with your hatred but the battle for Pa was fought, the archers lost, remember.?

29-Nov-17
John, I snuck in behind you last night and got a nice 10 point. Thanks..

29-Nov-17
I took dah sling off Stickerboy:)

29-Nov-17
Rc, that's funny... Do not remember you being there except for the smell of old gym socks.. Maybe that was you then.

29-Nov-17
That smell was the buck farten when I shot him.. :)

29-Nov-17
The guys are right.... You are one bored dude.

29-Nov-17
That was RC with a shotgun on the golf course, he was trying for a birdie :)

Sucks about the trespasser.

29-Nov-17
Couldn't have been Roy.............................................I heard he doesn't even hunt anymore! ;-)

29-Nov-17
Rut butt, I was in Warren county for bear and Elk county for deer.. So stick it boy:)

29-Nov-17
Did you say deer.......................................or BEER???!!! ;-)

29-Nov-17
You need a security professional there Junior.

29-Nov-17
You need a security professional there Junior.

29-Nov-17
I hear you Bowhunting 5C, I have a local honey hole that is private land owned by a petroleum company and have gone through all of the proper steps to secure permission to hunt this property and for the past ten years have been dealing with numerous trespasser issues. Signs do not deter serial trespassers or poachers. My suggestion is to get friendly with local law enforcement and let both police and WCO's know of your issue and what you are dealing with. Do some proactive steps, visits before the season, give gifts and jerky after the season with local PD and WCO. Give back in someway such as becoming a Hunter Trapper Instructor or volunteer in some other way that helps you build friendships with Law Enforcement. It is rewarding for many reason in addition to having them help you with your trespassing issue. I have been able to get most of the serial trespassers "dealt" with by some sort of law enforcement. Good luck on your trespassing issue. Don't let the turkeys bring you down. It is a NEVER ending battle.

30-Nov-17
You guys seem pretty laid back & funny. Great, because I don't like arrogant keyboard warrior know it alls. I kind of put up w/ that for 8 years on an Air Gun forum. Lots of GREAT guys were there also, don't get me wrong. In fact, some of them may also be here, so if that's the case, I'd like to thank the Man that sent me 18 brand new 400 spine Hexx arrows in a case for free. You ignited my passion for Archery again.

On trespassing. I rarely hunt anymore, although I may take a Doe & Turkey next year with bows. I live in Saylorsburg ,and my property is infested with Deer. There's hundreds of acres surrounding me. There's my Brother's 9 acres, which The Aquashicola Creek runs right through. A Friend who owns 100 himself, 57 acres directly behind me of swamp land, and guess what. 3 Deer trails run right through my 2 acres that lead to the corn & soy fields, so I think every Deer in Ross Township comes through my yard to get to them. I've never seen any trespassers around this area. There's State Game lands to the South of me in The Appalachian Mountain chain. A Hunting Club to my West, and more State Game Lands between me and Kunkletown.

If I get to know any of you local PA boys like I did some other good guys from a past forum, you'd be welcome to hunt my property with a bow. I especially have a soft spot for hunters who need the meat for their Family. Having a nearby trustworthy Friend would also allow me to learn more Traditional facts, tips, maybe try some different arrows. I'm left eye dominant though so my bows are also.

30-Nov-17
I hate having to deal wi H trespassers, doesn't nothing but ruin your hunt and spooks the deer, it's ashamed that people have to do that stuff. I been dealing with it ever since I started hunting this one property in 1999. A lot of the time it's the same people too every year. Last few years it has seemed better but I still see signs of other Pepe being there from time to time and I have had 9 gam cams a feeder and a ground blind stollen in a 2 year stretch.

D.U.O.F. Happy to see you got into archery and hopefully you keep with it and get to take a doe and turkey with the bow. Very nice of you to present that offer also,Menotti see many people offering up hunting spots anymore

30-Nov-17
Jim- glad to hear your fire for archery has been renewed! I'm up in Pike Co, so I don't live near you, but I do get down your way quite often since my in-laws are in the Lehigh Valley and my wife's cousin lives outside of Kunkletown.

That is a very generous offer! I would be interested in meeting you and possibly hunting with you. I'll send you a PM and we can discuss it.

If you are interested in meeting a bunch of like-minded "archery nuts", having some fun and killing deer for a worthy cause(HSH), you should check into our UBP 5C hunt. It's in the early season down near Kutztown, before the statewide archery season opens and last year we were fortunate to donate 6 deer that will feed struggling families in the area.

And welcome to the Bowsite..........................................from one "lefty" to another! ;-)

30-Nov-17
Lefties rule!

30-Nov-17
I found an empty McDonald's, etc. bag today along a field about a half mile from any road. Nice huh? That person never asked for permission.

01-Dec-17
Art, it is amazing... I have lost faith in what we call "hunting brethren"...

Wish the rules in Pa matched some of those out west...

01-Dec-17
That stinks Art! We used to have all kinds of problems when my Father-in-law still had his property in Monroe Co. Had people come up the "driveway" all the time just to see what was back there, even though there were posters saying private property. Got so bad I started parking my truck out near the road to block access when I was hunting there. Can you believe somebody had the nerve to ride their ATV right around my truck and continue up the driveway????!!!! I watched them from my treestand! I got down as quick as I could and caught up to them. The guy claimed he was riding the powerline access (that crosses the driveway) and got "lost". When I said I was sitting in my treestand and watched him drive up the driveway and around my truck, he didn't know what to say................................. Also confronted many people over the years we caught walking thru the property that claimed they were hiking the adjacent SGL and got "LOST"! So we would tell them to follow the driveway out to the main road and then go around to get back to the SGL. That would add a couple miles to their "hike"! Unfortunately, that was about all we could do.

Then one Sunday we caught somebody dumping contractor bags full of leaves on the property. The idiots drove in and started unloading the bags. I was going out the driveway and blocked them in with my truck and then called my F-I-L. If they had just dropped the leaves and taken the bags my Father-in-law probably would not even have made an issue of it. But he had been having problems with people coming in and dumping trash bags on the property, so he had them charged. Unbelievable what some people will do!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-Dec-17
Make everybody carry written permission or get a $500 fine like Ohio AND then let the land owner decide if he wants to allow Sunday hunting or not and NO posting required.

01-Dec-17
We just had this conversation last week at work. One of the guys wished he had land and maybe a small cabin. A place where he and his family could hunt and relax.

We then realized it would never be that. Constant patrolling to keep out the trespassers would ruin your own hunts. And the cabin would soon turn into a meth lab.

01-Dec-17
Not sure if it is that bad everywhere Dave. I can say it helps if you live where you hunt. Took me years to not have to sit out there and yell at people after scoring in bow season. Find one good neighbor to keep a check on things. After 13 years of living back here there has still only been one guy who invited me to hunt with him tho. One quad rider L chased away did offer to let me hunt his property if he could go fishhing in my pond. Always helps to offer land owners assistance with work. I stopped and helped a guy putting hay up all by himself once and got access to a couple hundred acres.

04-Dec-17
I to have gained exclusive access to properties by simply taking the liability off some of the landowners and making their lives easier with postings. However, you better be ready to prosecute them. The locals only learn from one thing. Cash, hit them where it hurts and make it painful, the rest for the most part fall in line. Or be resilient and keep them off every time.

04-Dec-17
Howdy, D.U.O.F., from another Lefty (a target recurve Archer) in Greensburg. Yeppers, the folks you find in these threads are quite interesting, never boring, and mostly willing to help WAY beyond what you'd expect.

And most are folks I'd NEVER want to trespass against....

• Sitka Gear