elk yinzer 02-Dec-17
Rut Nut 03-Dec-17
BSKED (mobile) 03-Dec-17
Yodameister 06-Dec-17
Stekewood 09-Dec-17
Justgrad25 11-Dec-17
Yodameister 11-Dec-17
28-Nov-17
I was just curious if anyone had any archery success yesterday. I would also like to see some pictures and stories through the next two weeks. Shoot, I’d even be pumped if you would relive past years’ archery kills during rifle season.

28-Nov-17
I was just curious if anyone had any archery success yesterday. I would also like to see some pictures and stories through the next two weeks. Shoot, I’d even be pumped if you would relive past years’ archery kills during rifle season.

28-Nov-17

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Curtis, opening day of rifle 1998 found me in a small woodlot between some Chester County horse farms near Chester Springs near Phoenixville. I was hunting a wide 8 point that I had seen on Thanksgiving day. About 5 minutes after it was legal shooting time I spotted the 10 point coming straight into me. He veered to my left and stopped broadside at 7 yards. My ACC with a 75 grain Rocket Mini-blaster entered the top of the ten ring and flipped out the other side. The buck ran about 75 yards in a semi-circle back towards where he came from then he piled up. As I was tagging him another hunter showed up. He said "that was pretty neat, I never saw anybody shoot a deer before." He told me he missed the buck in October. I apologized for shooting his buck but he told me I earned it. He even helped me field dress it and put it in my truck. It scores around 127.

28-Nov-17
had a 16 in wide 4pt feed under me for 10 min. on monday, I have killed a lot of smaller 8pts. was a lot of fun

29-Nov-17
Cool story horsetheif.

Jb, that is fun having them close.

I have had my share of bucks come within bow range while I had a rifle in hand but never had the urge to limit myself to a bow during gun season. Maybe some day. I need more inspirational stories!

29-Nov-17
That is a pretty cool story, Art!

Curtis- if things work out, I will be going out next Fri and/or Sat with the bow. If so, I will let you know how it goes. Never used the bow in rifle season before.

02-Dec-17
Took my bow out this morning in 2D and nailed a doe at 7:30. 35 yard perfect double lung shot, she went 30. First time I've ever taken the bow in rifle, won't be the last.

03-Dec-17
Nice job! : )

03-Dec-17
Way to go JR. Enjoy the rest of the season.

06-Dec-17
Now that’s what I’m talking about! Congrats elk yinzer

09-Dec-17

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Stekewood's embedded Photo
Sorry for the gore but I think this crowd can take it. Broke the old snow camo Elite out of retirement for a wintry last day of gun season doe. Not that the camo pattern mattered, but why not? She went over the edge of a very steep hill just as she was going down and tossed and tumbled to the bottom. And yes, it was a Rage. ;-)

11-Dec-17
Didn't have "success" but did have a successful sit on Friday afternoon. Hunted close to some houses in Elizabeth Twp., Allegheny Co. with my bow. Took my climber in and was set-up by 2:30. Didn't see anything until around 4 pm but it was constant sightings after that. Had a 6 pt. within 5 yds of me and saw a spike walk about 45 yds out parallel to me and below me. Saw at least 10 different doe/fawns but saw several them several different times as they walked into and out of and back into my view so, over 20 sightings. Just nothing big. Had plans to go to same stand Saturday morning but the stomach bug making its way through my family had different plans Saturday morning and kids had dek hockey playoffs in the afternoon. Dropping my bow off @ Jay Peakes to get the string reserved and some other work done and I will be out for the late season. Good luck fellas.

11-Dec-17
Congrats Stekewood!

• Sitka Gear