28-Nov-17

Garrett's embedded Photo
No ground shrinkage on these suckers
Garrett's embedded Photo
No ground shrinkage on these suckers
Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
I do not believe you can train hard enough to be in shape for a hunt like this... It's was an adventure to say the least!
Garrett's embedded Photo
I do not believe you can train hard enough to be in shape for a hunt like this... It's was an adventure to say the least!
I figured some of you guys might want a change of pace from the whitetail world we have been living in for the past month! So I will post a few pics from my Alaska Caribou hunt. Full disclosure, I went on a DIY hunt on the north slope of the brooks range with a few buddies. My intentions were to shoot a caribou with my bow..... And.... After 6 days of hunting in 30 degree weather with 30 mph winds, I shot this "bou" on the last day with a rifle that I borrowed from a buddy. Its my first big game animal with a gun. And although it was a trip of a lifetime, its not the same as watching an arrow in flight!

28-Nov-17
A great specimen, and that's a real HUNT congrats!

28-Nov-17
sitO, I'd been weight training for the hunt for a few months. Normally 40 - 50 pounds on my back, depending on where I buy my corn! =)

28-Nov-17
Apple or Lichen flavored?

28-Nov-17
Hahaha, Blue berry!

We ended up killing two good bulls. Conditions were really bad or we would have killed more. Had a big pumpkin headed Grizzly come into camp our last night out and chewed up my buddies meat. Bad deal.

29-Nov-17
Garrett,

Who did you go with?

29-Nov-17
That is Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

29-Nov-17
Congrats. Neat, dark antlers.

29-Nov-17
Ironbow, what do you mean who did I go with? It was not an outfitted hunt. It was DIY. We hired an air taxi to drop us off.

• Sitka Gear