jjs 02-Dec-17
DozRdeer2 02-Dec-17
Franklin 03-Dec-17
SteveD 03-Dec-17
Live2hunt 03-Dec-17
01-Dec-17
Which do you prefer and why?

01-Dec-17
I use a release because it's all I've ever known.

01-Dec-17
I started with fingers as a young kid and kept using fingers until 1999 when I switched to a release. I continue to use a release when I shoot a compound. Why? Simply put, for me it is easier to shoot accurately with a release.

When I shoot one of my straight bows, long bows, or recurves I shoot fingers. (Although I must admit it has been over a year since I have done that. I do not know if I can now due to my shoulder injury.)

01-Dec-17
I shot fingers when I first started. Now with the newer bows. Shorter axle to axle make it impossible shooting with fingers.

01-Dec-17
Spot on Noc, same reason I switched 10 years ago.

01-Dec-17
Fingers

02-Dec-17
Fingers

02-Dec-17
Release, I seem to shoot more consistent groups that way

02-Dec-17
Release with my compound and fingers with recurve. Even with a longer ATA compound I'm not sure I could shoot it with fingers. And if I'm going to shoot a bow with cams, drop away rest, sliding sight,ect.. why not shoot a release too.

02-Dec-17
Fingers. Try a release every few years. Don't prefer it and don't want another piece of equipment to maintain and haul into the wood (or forget at the truck). My bow is a 2008. Looking at new finger shooting bows, all that exists are the top end target bows at $1500+. That is more then the price of my hunting lease.

02-Dec-17
I picked up a Hoyte Tribune several yrs ago to shoot fingers, but figured what was I was gaining since I've hunted with a recurve all my life and had to change up my form and seen it more a hindrance hunting on the ground do to some of the shots (canting) that I have to pull off so I sold it. Been hunting with a super recurve and they are a came changer especially for shooting light # and it is just plan fun.

02-Dec-17
Fingers. Always have shot that way, and have never forgotten them while hunting.

03-Dec-17
Definitely have to have the right bow and most importantly the right rest if you plan on shooting a compound with fingers.

03-Dec-17
Per48R check your private messages.

03-Dec-17
I shot fingers my whole life, even with my last compound (The Hoyt Aspen 45" ATA). I went to a release the last few years I hunted with it because of my target panic issues and I could stop it better with the release. Now a traditional hunter, fingers only.

• Sitka Gear