gobbler 03-Dec-17
woodstick 04-Dec-17
Babysaph 04-Dec-17
sundaynwv 04-Dec-17
Babysaph 04-Dec-17
gobbler 04-Dec-17
Jack Whitmrie jr 07-Dec-17
03-Dec-17
What if I kill a button buck with my rifle at 200 yards. Do I check him as an antleless deer or a Buck? And what if I kill another deer at 200 yards that I've been watching all summer on my trail camera? This deer was a 160 class deer but deposed his horns early. Is he checked as an antler,ess deer or a buck.

03-Dec-17
Both count as antler less. A legal buck has to have 3 inch antlers.

03-Dec-17
That is 100% correct.

03-Dec-17
That doesn't seem right when they are both bucks. What am I missing?

03-Dec-17
The definition of “legal “ buck. Many bucks are legally killed and checked in as antlerless Deer because they don’t meet the “legal” definition of an antlered buck. Which in reality, makes our skewed buck/ doe kill even worse biologically. The high buck/ low doe kills of last few years are actually higher buck/ lower doe kills.

To me the whole thing smells of sexism , and could be labeled as profiling and stereotyping Deer and artificially labeling Deer by antler size and not gender. Is a buck with a 2 1/2 inch spike any less than a buck with a 3 1/2 spike?

04-Dec-17
There's a check box of male/female on the online check in form. Shouldn't they check in as antler less male deer? The data is already there if the dnr wanted to get totals of male or female deer instead of antlered/antlerless.

04-Dec-17
Well why not just call a buck deer a buck deer and a doe a doe and then get accurate estimated. I agree with gobbler and woodstick. They must have a reason for doing that.

04-Dec-17
So you are saying our buck and doe kill is actually more skewed than it shows on paper?

Didn't Tennessee just regulate that any button buck counts as a buck?

04-Dec-17
well I would say it has to be skewed when bucks are not being counted. But maybe they are counting them. I do not know.

04-Dec-17
It’s scary being a Deer. Worrying about CWD, EHD, blue tongue, bovine tuberculosis and now they have to worry about artificially placed gender identity issues.

07-Dec-17
I saw a trailer in antlerless season a few years ago with 6 deer on it and 5 were button bucks .

• Sitka Gear