Oneday121o 04-Dec-17
Pi 04-Dec-17
Cougar 04-Dec-17
Pi 04-Dec-17
Sosso 04-Dec-17
mrw 05-Dec-17
Pi 05-Dec-17
04-Dec-17
I'm going out without a flashlight anyone out this morn ?

04-Dec-17
Be careful without a light, some sound shooters out there. Good luck

04-Dec-17
Good thought Moons. Thanks . Not going off my land and private road access. Shortest walk possible . In fact I will have to park farther back on the road or Ill be bumping them with the front bumper.

Funny how I chase them for a mile for half of the season and end up back at the starting point. I think I'm learning something about this spot ... Let em come to me.

If I get shot before legal light I'll be really pissed off !

04-Dec-17
In a spot this morning that I haven’t touched since last year. Hoping it pays. Only got a couple of hours this morning. Good luck!

04-Dec-17
I'm not going out this morning... but wanted to let you guys know it's still "on" here in southeastern Mass. On our morning walk yesterday, my wife and I saw i rack buck chasing a doe.

04-Dec-17
Oh yeah! Gorgeous morning. Damn near hit mature doe with truck on way to my spot. So quiet you could hear a squirrel fart. We'll hear them coming for sure.

04-Dec-17
Good luck today

04-Dec-17
Yes pi it was awfully bright this morning. Might mess with there bedding / feeding schedule today. So we should see some good action. In a fairly new spot where I saw some buck droppings. ( anyone else feel like there’s a difference between doe and buck dropping ?). Good luck all. Orange army forever. !!!!

04-Dec-17
I was surprised how quiet the leaves were this morning. I was expecting to be crushing light bulbs all the way in but it was virtually silent.

Good luck everyone!

04-Dec-17
Couldn’t make it under the moon but heading out around 10. No deer on camera since thanksgiving but I have a couple bears. Not feeling to confident, but I’m not a work either!

04-Dec-17
No difference. Clumped together droppings represent a soft diet and hard single pellets are from a hard diet I read somewhere that studies were down on this.

04-Dec-17
Thanks dfa. I wasn’t sure what to make of those droppings. Sounds like a fun study

04-Dec-17
Years ago I put a cam out and when I went to check the cam there was a fresh pile of huge clumped droppings. I said sweet a buck. Checked the cam and it was a doe so definitely diet.

04-Dec-17
was out sunday under the moon. felt like I was getting set up under a flood light

04-Dec-17
Good night for predator

04-Dec-17
I have been watching a buck at the far end of a field dogging back and forth. He is watching the woods and going in and out. Clearly he is trying to get to a doe.

I moved up at 8:00 to the field edge where I see them often but how to get them down this end ?

I got to this spot and I turned around to see a few fresh rubs. I may have to settle on this buck or I'll go hungry.

Soon.

04-Dec-17
if you see individual pellet droppings that are bigger than a peanut MM, it ain't no skipper... its not the clumping, its the size of the pellet!

04-Dec-17
It seems like some things just couldn't come from a Doe. Unless she is huge but other than that I doubt one can tell the difference. Big droppings are good either way. Cause It's a big deer.

I Took an antler-less deer tonight while watching my target buck at the far end of 300 yards of field. He was not coming down my end and the button buck just wouldn't stop coming in . Heart shot and died quickly.

Small droppings for sure. But an easy exit for both hunter and hunted.

04-Dec-17
I did something rare today, a full day sit. 6am to 430. I saw a little brown bird, a woodpecker, and a squirrel. I am a disappoint.

I’m going to hang up my boots until Friday. ....ok Thursday.

05-Dec-17
Nice Pi. Those are an easy carry out! And delicious!

05-Dec-17
One more comment on turds.

I noticed something today that I overlooked before or just didn't see. Who would unless we look ? When I gut a deer I don't bother with removing the butt, I do that later. So when I was doing the finish work I saw something that could add to our poop knowledge.

The turds that were at the exit were small and dark . I think its the twigs from the day before . The next in line were much larger and green. I think it was from a recent diet of greens in the field that I found him in. Some may be a water intake issue but clearly there was a real difference even in the last 6 inches of his expulsion system.

What do you know , two kinds of turds in one animal !

• Sitka Gear