Zebrakiller 06-Dec-17
CaptMike 06-Dec-17
WaK 10-Dec-17
CaptMike 10-Dec-17
Zebrakiller 12-Dec-17
CaptMike 12-Dec-17
Zebrakiller 12-Dec-17
04-Dec-17
The guy that I have hunted with a number of times in Africa is planning on visiting me in early January (SE WI), before he starts his show season. He is planning on doing a little get-together in Waukesha for those who might have an interest in learning more about a hunt in Africa. I will gladly answer any questions about his operation that I can, and if anyone is interested in attending this get together, PM me for more info.

04-Dec-17
Great deals going on in Africa now. Other than plane fair it`s cheaper than a Western Elk hunt.

05-Dec-17
Always fun to have friends from the other side of pond over, have fun

05-Dec-17
Zebra, yes it is and thanks!

05-Dec-17
I would love to go to Africa,,, that would be so cool,,,,,

05-Dec-17
GH, while it is not cheap, it is not as expensive as some might think.

05-Dec-17
Ballpark figure, what would be the cost? Daydreaming, but would like to someday.

06-Dec-17
The total cost is all over the place , it all comes down to what you as the hunter wants, the price on animals is all over from a few hundred dollars to several thousand, but if a hunter picked one big animal and a few small and only mounted the most special of the hunt , and daily fee I would never go less than 7 days 2 travel and 5 full hunting days at min. you can keep this under 6 to 7 thousand if you research all ahead of time, I talked to a few guys that there 5000 hunt turned into 13,000 but I feel that was on them on my last hunt I was within 100 of my budget

06-Dec-17
Sorry, absolutely no interest in hunting Africa.

06-Dec-17
Zebra, you are so spot on. The cost of a safari has two basic components, the daily rate, a cost per day, which includes transportation to and from airport to hunting area, room, board, laundry service, beverages, guides, trackers and transportation during the hunt. The second component is the cost of the animals which can vary greatly.

I too have hunted with two different friends who way exceeded their budget. They had no idea what to expect and once there, were overwhelmed with the number and variety of species. One of them was with me two years ago and he has been saving for two years for a return trip this July.

06-Dec-17
Novice, as an example, a person can go for 7 days and kill three basic animals like a warthog, an impala and a blue wildebeest for around $2,500.00. That does not include airfare which can add anywhere from $1,000.00 to $2,200.00, depending on airline and time of year.

06-Dec-17
one thing to add to Captmike if you dont mind and just want Africa experience you can go 2x1 with you buddy and save on daily fees, but problem this brings up is you switch on and off for the most part, and and if you want a gemsbok and dont get one to go back you have to add in total cost, so just a few more days and and 1X 1 could in long run be cheaper,

06-Dec-17
Zebra, don't mind in the least the good point you make.

10-Dec-17
Cpt Mike, who’s your Africa outfitter, friend? Just wondering if I know him from my last trip.

10-Dec-17
Removed to not upset sponsors.

12-Dec-17
What are you hunting this year Mike, MY plan Is red heartabeest , bush pig , bushbuck, and all three on last years list so we will see what happens,

12-Dec-17
Still need a caracal to give me all the small cats. Thinking about a red lechwe and would like to get a bontebuck but they are in two different directions so most likely just one or the other. Other than that, I enjoy watching the guys who go with me getting to enjoy a taste of Africa. I will sit in a blind with my bow and hopefully shoot Impala, wildebeest, warthog or who knows what else might show itself.

Good luck with the bushpig. I shot one a couple years ago with my bow at night. Without practicing night shooting, it is challenging.

12-Dec-17
Caracal was my bonus animal last year , Red Lechwe is high on my list also,

• Sitka Gear